• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Halogaf Community Thread: The Old Becomes New

After Apex Legends and Jedi Fallen Order (Respawn/EA) I'd be interested in Lehto firing up another studio for different Halo games outside of 343.

PC Overview in approx 8 hours?

Watching right now. Only halfway through but I'm pleased to see they will have a ranked controller only playlist and a ranked mouse/keyboard only playlist. So while crossplay will exist, we still have some ability to choose too.

Edit: oh sweet. PC and console will have the ability to host crossplay LANs within a household network.

Last edited:

Pushing that ray tracing hard apparently.

"Most excitingly though, we're looking forward to working closely with AMD to bring Ray Tracing to Halo Infinite. Ray Tracing is one of our top development priorities post-launch and we look forward to sharing more soon."

Last edited:
I've been trying to update the OP and make it more current. Not a lot of big changes, but figured it was time. I dropped the section about the Halo series on Showtime, trimmed HCS Grassroots section, and tried to add more pertinent twitter/youtube links for Infinite. My favorite link for the Lore is no longer active so I replaced with it some site called Halo Lore Podcast Evolved I had never visited it before but looks to have a wealth of Halo information. Still need to make a new graphic for Lore as there are typos in it and new books not listed.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Yasssss! I'm working mids tonight. Should hopefully be able to watch before heading home. Interesting though that I'm not seeing any news/announcements from 343 about it. Nothing on Halowaypoint and nothing on twitter.
Same. Yet that's the official Xbox channel and it says : "Here’s a fresh look at the Halo Infinite campaign that introduces players to true Spartan freedom in the biggest, most wide open and adventure-filled Halo experience yet, launching on December 8 2021."

I hope to god it's not an accidental early post for the November event hahah

Same. Yet that's the official Xbox channel and it says : "Here’s a fresh look at the Halo Infinite campaign that introduces players to true Spartan freedom in the biggest, most wide open and adventure-filled Halo experience yet, launching on December 8 2021."

I hope to god it's not an accidental early post for the November event hahah
Just saw this. Whew! Now I'm pumped lol.

Last edited:
Huh. Weird. Really thought they were gonna wait til the anniversary show.
Yeah I thought you were right on point with the November reveal. Maybe they have reason to suspect the footage is gonna be leaked beforehand, so might as well put it out now. I mean what kind of announcement time is 6AM Pacific Time? That's so random.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Yeah I thought you were right on point with the November reveal. Maybe they have reason to suspect the footage is gonna be leaked beforehand, so might as well put it out now. I mean what kind of announcement time is 6AM Pacific Time? That's so random.
Maybe we get full demo playthrough at the event or just a straight Halo 3 style story trailer there.

Made me laugh.

Edit: Seriously. Something happened. This isn't the kind of thing you announce on a Sunday evening for the very next morning. Maybe a leak was incoming?

Last edited:
Looks pretty fun. Graphics still aren't the best but whatever.

Surprised they (kind of) spoiled the big twist in the trailer.
Yeah I feel mostly the same. I was wondering about all the stuff they were revealing too. Seems like several spoilers were shown. Overall though I thought the game looked a lot better.

Yeah I feel mostly the same. I was wondering about all the stuff they were revealing too. Seems like several spoilers were shown. Overall though I thought the game looked a lot better.
Well I've read the leaks, I'm just surprised they actually showed the Harbinger. Thought they were gonna leave it for a Flood-type reveal.

Also I like how Chief is actually kind of jokey/sarcastic again. Really didn't like how they made him deathly serious in 4/5.

Yes I liked the Chief having some humor too.

The brute textures are improved, though it was hard to see much with their shields hiding their faces.

Outside of the highly critical forum reactions, general reception has been positive on social media from what Im seeing.

Also, I think I can kind of see what 343 was going for as far as the graphics are concerned. I remember thinking the same thing during the first reveal. There is a certain clarity to the game that is complimented really well by the lighting and colors. I still think this game is going to be beautiful on a 4K HDR capable tv. I wanted to see the brutes up close but it was kind of hard to discern anything due to their shields lighting up when attacked.

Been wondering, has their been any indication the Flood is in this game? or were they done and dusted for good.
Well according to the leaked spoilers...

It doesn't seem like they're in the campaign, but there may be multiplayer modes featuring them. And also this doesn't rule them out from appearing in hypothetical campaign expansions.

Well according to the leaked spoilers...

It doesn't seem like they're in the campaign, but there may be multiplayer modes featuring them. And also this doesn't rule them out from appearing in hypothetical campaign expansions.
I want to read the spoiler so badly but I'm gonna hold off. Must. Hold. Off. One. More. Month.

Helghan

Am I the only one that is a bit disappointed with the lack of Cortana in what we've seen of the campaign thus far? The whole 2nd trilogy is about Cortana and Masterchief, I was actually a fan of the story that we were given in the campaign of Halo 4 and 5. I didn't read any spoilers so I don't know anything about Cortana's arc in Halo Infinite, but it seems as if she's just dropped, and we get a cringe replacement.

YukiOnna

Am I the only one that is a bit disappointed with the lack of Cortana in what we've seen of the campaign thus far? The whole 2nd trilogy is about Cortana and Masterchief, I was actually a fan of the story that we were given in the campaign of Halo 4 and 5. I didn't read any spoilers so I don't know anything about Cortana's arc in Halo Infinite, but it seems as if she's just dropped, and we get a cringe replacement.
If you didn't watch the Infinite E3 trailer from this year and the Campaign Overview, I can only say that the plotline isn't dropped.

Helghan

If you didn't watch the Infinite E3 trailer from this year and the Campaign Overview, I can only say that the plotline isn't dropped.
I actually watched both. Maybe I expected more info about the campaign story and Microsoft is deliberately keeping this under wraps for a more exciting experience when playing it. The only thing we know is that at the end of Halo 5 she was the biggest force to be reckoned with and she just found herself a new Halo, and now she disappeared. That's a big jump, and I had the feeling they might've dropped that whole plot, and just went on with a new story.

YukiOnna

I actually watched both. Maybe I expected more info about the campaign story and Microsoft is deliberately keeping this under wraps for a more exciting experience when playing it. The only thing we know is that at the end of Halo 5 she was the biggest force to be reckoned with and she just found herself a new Halo, and now she disappeared. That's a big jump, and I had the feeling they might've dropped that whole plot, and just went on with a new story.
I thought initially they were going to do that as well, but then the Campaign Overview made it blatantly clear its still a sequel to 5. I don't think they're going to show much on the campaign going forward. Maybe a proper story trailer will give some more glimpses, but they seem focused on keeping the Banished, Cortana, and Zeta Halo under wraps.

YukiOnna

Since it wasn't posted here:

EDIT:
We’re going to continue to have more to say about the campaign and its enigmatic narrative threads as the days march ever closer to its December 8 release.

Oh, and make sure you take back every UNSC Forward Operating Base you can. Rumor has it they have stories to tell...

Last edited:
I haven't played Halo yet but I have watched some gameplay on Youtube videos last week. I must say that I am really impressed by its graphics and how smooth it works. Might have to buy it for myself too.It seems promising

Havoc2049

I haven't played Halo yet but I have watched some gameplay on Youtube videos last week. I must say that I am really impressed by its graphics and how smooth it works. Might have to buy it for myself too.It seems promising
Check out the Master Chief Collection and play through The Master Chief Saga Playlist, which is Halo 1-4. Great games and it will get you up to speed for Halo Infinite. That Playlist is on normal difficulty setting, so you can burn though each campaign in around 6-8 hours.

YukiOnna

It will be interesting how this translates over to multiplayer, or if we just get a base version of each piece of equipment.

One of the highlights of the recent trailer for me was when they showed Jega 'Rdomnai, the Spartan hunter. Such a sick character. 🤘😎

I like how the sub bosses are going to have their own personality/character. I wonder who else we'll see and if some are in the side activities.

cormack12

Gold Member
I think I spent 2-3 hours in that area where you suddenly have to fight 3-5 hunters on legendary. One of the last levels I think.
The wardens yeah. I had an incinerator cannon and binary rifle so managed to get one down right away with my pal. Then the other two were twats lol

I think there is a way to cheese that last encounter but I can't remember how.
You need to combo a lift and ground pound jump to the platform you cannot normally reach until you defeat the Wardens. From memory you can also do a jump/thruster move to accomplish a similar cheese. I know 343 planned to patch it out so you could not cheese that encounter anymore, not sure if they ever did though.

This Halo 5 talk is bringing back some bad memories, haha.

Absolutely hate that game's campaign, although I did beat it solo Legendary and found it pretty easy in all honesty, even the triple Warden fight which I remember was hyped up as being hard as shit. It's a terrible fight though, and I sincerely hope there's nothing like it in Infinite (the bosses we've seen already look like an improvement).

Top Bottom