• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Hat in Time gets physical release on Nintendo Switch (NA)

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
A Hat in Time will release physically in North America on 18th of October for 40$. The game comes with a download for the DLC "Seal the Deal" which is - at least for now - exclusive to PC and Switch.

Amazon Link:

Trailer:

Last edited:

Life

Man, I thought it's a sequel or something. Got me excited. Way too short, but much fun.

The Jag

Neo Member
There's a certain unnamed site who wants the physical copies boycotted because JonTron voices a tiny throw away character.

Shantae

Banned
Sorry for the bump of this old thread. I just picked up a copy of this game on Switch today....

Is this a secret "game is only partly on the cart" game? because it's been updating for a really long time, and that does not make me happy as a person who likes my physical copy of games.

It's not like the box says anywhere about internet being required either, so it SHOULD be all on the cart, but I always update my games first just to make sure it's got the latest version. An update is usually done in a few minutes. This has been going for like 20 minutes, and still only half way done.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Is this a secret "game is only partly on the cart" game? because it's been updating for a really long time, and that does not make me happy as a person who likes my physical copy of games.
Except for the DLC that is included, no. But the game's performance is pretty bad, so there was a lot to correct with patches.

Yoshi

Is it still bad, or was it improved with patches since release?
I do not know, I always play what is on the card, because once you download a patch, you cannot use the game unpatched anymore, effectively killing the longevity of physical media.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
I just started playing this the other day. I think there's about 5 gigs of updates, even then the performance is just okay. The resolution and frame rate are kinda crappy. The game is playable and so far has been pretty decent.

Top Bottom