• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Hat in Time has a trans flag in it

Meh. This is completely uneventful. It is a random flag in a game full of cute things. It isn't like the main character is suddenly trans nor does it try to push any political statements like the issue with Smash Bros and the various stages that directly did the latter.

Let's not make mountains out of molehills.

Have you seen this person around here? Mountains out of molehills are their modus operandi

Labolas

Eh, doesn't really affect my opinion of the game that much. It's a dumb flag and that's it. You can completely ignore if you want to.

Nickolaidas

Banned
then its you forced to marry a transperson in a videogame. thats the end goal.
Considering the fact that almost all open-world games do not *force* you to marry anyone - straight or gay -, I think this end goal you're talking about is quite far-fetched.

As a straight male, I must admit that seeing gay NPCs flirting with my character isn't exactly doing my mojo any favors, but most games give me dialogue options to cut those interaction paths short if I disapprove. So I'm good.

It is a delicate matter. On the one hand, trans, gays and any minority shouldn't feel as if they're outcasts in pop culture, so I approve the existence of gay characters in TV shows, games, and comics.

On the other hand, I don't like the ratio those characters appear. I think they seem to be much more than in real life. I mean, I have yet to meet a single lesbian woman in real life (while I have met a few gay men), yet if you buy the Marvel Comics of the week, many of them have lesbian characters. Tbh, I think half the female Marvel Comics characters are bisexual at the moment, which is pretty ridiculous if you think about it. I think Marvel pushes the lesbian agenda a lot more than the gay male agenda because lesbian sex is a lot more appealing to straight men than gay sex, so they won't feel as annoyed as they would with half the male Marvel Comic characters being cock suckers on the side.

Kazza

I just don't want all the trans, gay or other shit in gaming or right vs. left etc. It feels like people talk more about this shit than games themselves.

I understand completely. We have the Politics section and the Games section, but the "politics in games" type threads are a bit of a grey area. Looks like this one might be getting moved to Politics.

V4skunk

Banned
How come in China teaching children about LGBT is classed as cultural terrorism and is a crime with a harsh penalty.

67iFmZN.jpg

is this flag in the game?

dalekjay

There was a age ago where leftist where make fun of because being triggered by anything, now the other side is triggered by a wall painting that most will not see, most that see will not understand and most of who understands don’t give a fuck

Top Bottom