• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Hat in Time Review Thread

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

amrod

You mean ultrawide, right? What kind of modern 3D game doesn't support 16:9?

21 9 I mean

[edit]

have to edit INI

\steamapps\common\HatinTime\HatinTimeGame\Config folder and look for HatinTimeSystemSettings.ini

change it so

ResX=3440
ResY=1440

Yukinari

Very strange that such a hyped up indie game that had a beta and streamers playing the full game barely has any reviews.

Im sure the game is good but its bizarre.

KRaZyAmmo

man I want this game, but there's already too much games I gotta play and finish. But it's so added on my wishlist (PS4/PC)

Okada

I really want this but I've got so many games lately and £22.99 is a bit steeper than I thought it was going to be.

Kingk’s review is really promising. The movement looks absolutely incredible and it’s good to hear that it’s just as functional in tight spaces as it is on more open areas

Even if a disagree SM64 “nose dived” in tight spaces, it definitely was a lot less fun. But I thought that had more to do with the camera than the physics. Which this also seems to deal with better which is good as well

So much is coming out, this wasnt even on my radar until I seen a streamer play it last night, it looked fun. The combat reminded me of wind waker for some reason.

BigEmil

The first video review by Kohnjin trying to be very Dunkey like lol needs to be bit more original but yeah, overall the game seems great and fun looking forward to it

VanWinkle

Uh wow, this legitimately looks great. Consider me surprised. All the footage I had seen from a long while back made me think of it as another low-budget affair like Yooka-Laylee, but this definitely looks more like a Sony or Nintendo developed game in terms of visual density and quality, as well as the camera.

elhav

DGEoPl3.gif

Finally the game is released. Hope it turns out great

Dusk Golem

Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Been playing the game for a few hours now and planning to hump back in, just reporting it's a joy so far and very charming. Fun to control, lush and detailed levels with lots of secrets, all the collectibles get you new things like new hats (for new abilities), levels, etc. There's these Super Mario sunshine styled challenge levels. First boss was fun. Has made me laugh and smile a few times, and a number of surprises here and there.

See if it keeps it up.
Never played a 3D platformer besides Mirror's Edge, would this be a good modern one to get into the genre?

(No, I don't have a Nintendo console)

Edit: also is it releasing on PS4 today, or was the console version delayed?

Stalwart

Never played a 3D platformer besides Mirror's Edge, would this be a good modern one to get into the genre?

(No, I don't have a Nintendo console)

Edit: also is it releasing on PS4 today, or was the console version delayed?

Few hours in myself, it's definitely far better than Yooka-Laylee...and those are pretty much the only "modern" ones in the genre so yes. Seems console release has been delayed without an ETA

MUnited83

For you.
Loving the game so far.

Can't wait for someone to make a Reshade that makes the color a bit less saturared though.

Dusk Golem

It's definitely the best 3D platformer on PC, but it's still not Mario tier.
Also, during the beta, you could turn off depth of field - you can't in the full release. Why?

Fancolors

I wish they at least put a statement about JonTron. Oh well, they already got my money years ago and at least this seems to be a good game.

TheYanger

This is all I needed to hear to give this game a try. Disappointed at the JonTron thing putting so many people off and not giving it a chance. I get it though.

You should probably direct that disappointment at JonTron and the devs. Not even remotely interested in the game if they won't take care of that shit.

hollomat

Banned
I’m optimistic for this. Hoping it can do for me what yooka Laylee failed to do and recapture the n64 platforming magic.

TI82

Banned
Yup like wise. Too many games out on the market at the moment anyway.

I've asked them twice on Twitter too, radio silence. Not condemning a white supremacist means you support white supremacists. And I dunno about anyone else but I don't feel comfortable giving money to white supremacists.

Top Bottom