• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima Community Thread: Did you rike it, GAF?

I have a feeling DS is gonna scare us unexpectedly lol 👀

This is from the composer's Twitter feed
rsz_1rsz_5z1dito.png

Last edited:

Thabass

This used to be a difficult question to answer, but as the years went by, I realized that Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty is my favourite Hideo Kojima game for several reasons. It's truly his magnum opus, but what's amazing is that he has the potential to surpass MGS2 with either Death Stranding or his PS5 project.

I love MGS2 and, by far and wide, is his most important work he's done. Especially given the political climate of today's word where information can be used for different means. I know Kojima doesn't see his games (or all games) as art, but I'd have to say it's probably more than just that. MGS2 is an important piece of our subculture and culture in general and needs to be studied.

That said, my favorite Kojima work was MGS3, but MGS2 is definitely his most important.

TheBoss1

I summon to the community: TheBoss1 TheBoss1
You didn't even summon me. I'm hurt.
Oh I've been watching. Your turn will come.

Fun fact: I've beaten every mainline MGS game, except for the first MGS. I just can't get into the horrible graphics but the voice acting from David Hayter is the best it's ever been. I've played the inferior Twin Snakes where the gameplay is just like MGS2 but the cutscenes are on some Matrix shit.

I've even beaten Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 : Solid Snake. The first is bare-bones but still good, but that second one is such a well made game, especially for it's time.

Mista

Banned
Fun fact: I've beaten every mainline MGS game, except for the first MGS. I just can't get into the horrible graphics but the voice acting from David Hayter is the best it's ever been. I've played the inferior Twin Snakes where the gameplay is just like MGS2 but the cutscenes are on some Matrix shit.
That’s not a fun fact at all. And you dare call yourself an MGS fan?

tenor.gif

TheBoss1

That’s not a fun fact at all. And you dare call yourself an MGS fan?

tenor.gif
I just off the phone with Kojima and he said we should forgive him.
Alright then, since senpai said we should then we should.
I never will. Beat the first one already TheBoss1 TheBoss1 . Jerk.
I apologize MGS bros. The graphics are just too horrible for me to play through the entire thing. Twin Snakes cutscenes with The Matrix inspiration are garbage so no worries. I'm pretty sure just the voice acting in the original outdoes the entirety of Twin Snakes. I did watch the novel thingy that came with the Legacy Collection on PS3 though.

Last edited:

A.Romero

I summon to the community: A.Romero A.Romero

Oh shit, thanks for the summoning. I didn't know this thread existed. Subbed.

My favourite Kojima game is MGS2. Although other games have a better gameplay, graphics and whatever, MGS2 has only gotten better with age. The story was so forward looking it's not even funny. I know there is controversy about exactly how much of that was Kojima-sama's contribution but I prefer to believe a lot was thanks to him.

I'm really looking forward to DS. I'm very optimistic about the quality of the game. If the collector's edition was available in my country I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I did pre-order a regular version since day 1 (I'm secretly hoping for it to come out on PC so I can double dip except if it's an EGS exclusive).

My favourite Kojima game is MGS2. Although other games have a better gameplay, graphics and whatever, MGS2 has only gotten better with age. The story was so forward looking it's not even funny. I know there is controversy about exactly how much of that was Kojima-sama's contribution but I prefer to believe a lot was thanks to him.
I feel the exact same way! MGS2 is a treasure and arguably Kojima's masterpiece.

Komatsu

I'm one of those who think Kojima jumped the shark with MGS4 ("Big Mama" LOL) but, hey, I've been following this dude for 20 years so I might as well pre-order DS.

And yes, Kojima >>>> Miyazaki. Long live the Very Easy Mode!

1532759363795.png

Top Bottom