• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A look at Animal Crossing Amiibos

dh4niel

Sweater game on point. :D

2lWCVTR.jpg

Shauni

I think I'll get K.K. for my desk, but that's about it. I like Animal Crossing, but not really a hardcore fan per say.

Reading all the name translations for the alpacas, the best name is the spanish one. Al (male) and Paca (female) are a stroke of genius.
Too bad spain made a pretty mediocre translation in Spaltoon, they are usually on point with puns in Animal Crossing.

Isabelle, Nook and K. K. for me.

Same here.

I’m in, I’m getting everything except the new ugly otter girl. Mostly just to collect the figures as my wife and I love Animal Crossing.

I’m curious how much the bundle with the game will cost. I’m not jumping up and down excited for the game, but I figure if we are collecting the figures anyway then why not. I skipped out on Mario Party 10 because it looked lame.

Really wish Nook didn't have his newer clothes. The apron is the best. Also don't understand why some of these characters were picked over Blathers and Brewster. Both llamas?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

hawk2025

Not sure if this warrants a new thread or not, but it looks like Mabel, Tom Nook and Lottie are the only amiibo you can buy seperately in the US. Isabelle and Digby come with Amiibo Festival, and Reese/Cyrus/KK are only in the 3 pack.

http://nintendoinquirer.com/2015/08...u-s-on-november-13th-amiibo-3-pack-confirmed/

Not happy about this.

The only way to get KK Slider is to also get a couple of fucking sheep.

As someone on the Amiibo thread pointed out, perhaps Nintendo is sending us a message.

Neol

Damn Nook and K.K. look fantastic.

Only have 1 amiibo so far but definitely gonna pick up at least one of these.

Wait, they're sheep?

Reese is a pink alpaca, with pink hair, a white face, black eyes, a brown nose, pink lipstick, and yellow inside her ears. She wears a red apron with a pink heart, blue crosses that resemble stitches, and two gold buttons. She has black hooves for her hands and feet, and stands upright like all the other animals.

RedBoot

I was actually considering buying more than one KK Slider (just to have one on my desk at work and another back home to actually use in games). That's not happening if it costs me $70.

Importing amiibo is almost required nowadays. :(

I really want that Isabelle. Shame there isn't a proper Animal Crossing game to use it with.

Still gonna buy it anyway

I was over this trash. I was done with amiibo. Why, Ninty. Why? Do I have to buy the game to get the Isabelle one? Cuz I'm gonna feel like shit doling out $60 for a game I don't care about just so I can have the stupid figurine.

I was over this trash. I was done with amiibo. Why, Ninty. Why? Do I have to buy the game to get the Isabelle one? Cuz I'm gonna feel like shit doling out $60 for a game I don't care about just so I can have the stupid figurine.

Like every stupid Amiibo idea NOA had, you can find it on Amazon a few days after the Japanese release with Prime Shipping and usually only a few dollars more.

I don't think I've bought an American Amiibo since January.

I'm going to have to get Tom Nook. And then I'm going to put him on my nightstand and point him at me so that he is watching me as I sleep and the first thing I see when I wake up. It will be a real motivator to get me up and to work on time. Gotta make those bells!

DrWong

I saw them all (proto I would think) in a French Nintendo event, post E3, and they looked super good, close to those shots. I'm not into AC but I know I'll have to buy a few ones, if only for my daughter.

Top Bottom