• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A look at Animal Crossing Amiibos

Exile20

sbo7e53.jpg

WhqM1OC.jpg

2lWCVTR.jpg

FrzB2Rv.jpg

rLEan47.jpg

Uii5X1s.jpg

nldHaRk.jpg

OUBg65q.png

JMCY2vR.png

MrNZQnD.png

WbR316J.png

IRpHUib.png

Album
http://imgur.com/a/z2xlR
http://gonintendo.com/stories/241124-images-for-the-animal-crossing-amiibo-new-cover-plates-and-more

DarkKyo

What is the chance that they will ever produce figures of random villager characters? Does the existence of the cards make it 0%?

Capra

I don't even play AC and I wanted that KK Slider just because I love the character. Not paying $35 for some alpaca things though. Not that I'd even get the chance after the whole Splatoon 3-pack fiasco.

So I guess thanks for saving me some money, Nintendo.

Edit: I don't click links

Vena

Those appear to be rather considerably higher detail/texture quality.

Gonna make great gifts for the girls of the family though!

Beefwheat

I didn't realize until I saw it that I want a KK Slider figure, so much. I don't even have a Wii U. Is there a non-amiibo version out there somewhere? Just for my desk?

Edit: Does this count as port begging? I hope not :)

Those appear to be rather considerably higher detail/texture quality.

Gonna make great gifts for the girls of the family though!

I wouldn't rely on the quality in these photos being represented in the finished product. The first line of Smash amiibos were revealed in the form of exquisitely rendered demonstration models that weren't representative the quality of the final product. These may fair better, especially since there are no dynamic poses requiring massive transparent supports, and the closest thing to Marth's drooping sword on display here is K. K. Slider's guitar neck.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Will pay import for all if needed.

Koren

I wouldn't rely on the quality in these photos being represented in the finished product. The first line of Smash amiibos were revealed in the form of exquisitely rendered demonstration models that weren't representative the quality of the final product. These may fair better, especially since there are no dynamic poses requiring massive transparent supports, and the closest thing to Marth's drooping sword on display here is K. K. Slider's guitar neck.
I'd say the figures after the first two waves have been mostly great (there's some discussion about the paint of Betaknight, but besides that...) I'm pretty sure they'll be great and devoid of the mistakes found on the first ones.

emb

Some of those are characters that I just don't recognize at all. I guess it's from skipping Happy Home and Amiibo festival maybe. Still, I'm kinda disappointed to see amiibo that I don't want at all.

Also gonna be weird to buy these and then never buy that game. Because the game looks bad, from the short clip I saw. But I have to have at least Nook and KK. Probably Isabelle and Sable and the sheep too.

Zomba13

I'm not invested in AC characters enough to want Amiibos of them. Well, outside of KK slider of course. And I'd get a Tom Nook if it was old Tom Nook that was naked and just had an apron. I don't like this Tom Nook with clothes.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm not invested in AC characters enough to want Amiibos of them. Well, outside of KK slider of course. And I'd get a Tom Nook if it was old Tom Nook that was naked and just had an apron. I don't like this Tom Nook with clothes.
This is warren buffett tom doe, not regular joe businessman tom.

Have you followed any amiibo releases since the first Smash wave? I'd say every one of my Smash/Splatoon etc. amiibo since then has lived up to the promo images, and the manufacturing quality has gone way up. The use of stands in Smash amiibo is still a niggle, but we're well past the piss-yellow-Link-stand-'o-doom :)

The first Animal Crossing game I played was New Leaf, I always thought the series looked lame. I'm happy to be wrong. I've put lots of time into NL, That being said, HHD looks lame.

I hope I'm wrong again.

Top Bottom