• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A look at Xbox One playtime game by game - 21/12/2015

EvB

So on my travels trying to figure out what is coming next to Backwards compatibility , I've also found out how to see playtime in hours for Xbox One games.

Below are charts of the top 40 games (based on their last 7 days of playtime)
So, here are these games, sorted by their all time play, I believe that the playtime began being tracked in the 2nd half of 2014.

I know people like their numbers, so enjoy.

So we shall start off with 30 days worth of play, this gives a good indication of what has been popular since the heavy hitters started turning up
Last 30 days
CWxWnCGWUAANS7O.png

Next up is the total playtime for each game since they game was launched or since they actually started recording playtime, which from memory was sometime in 2014

All time play
CWxVv2tWcAQrIcd.png

and for an up to date snapshot of what is hot right now
last 7 days
CWxW2uNWIAQRQI5.png

nice, the difference between Blops and Battlefront is staggering, TR looks pretty low on that list for a new release, least it made this chart.

pizzacat

Banned
Gat damn look at destinys hours

Nice to see gears up there

Why isn't Microsoft straight forward with this info like they were on 360?

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
It won't be accurate. Some games tell me I've played for 100s of hours when I know I haven't.

EDIT: That is if you're using something similar to what we see in the Game Hubs.

EvB

It won't be accurate. Some games tell me I've played for 100s of hours when I know I haven't.

EDIT: That is if you're using something similar to what we see in the Game Hubs.

That is likely the same data that is recorded in the same way, I think that it will count game time for games that are running in the background sometimes

Theorry

Halo seems fine to me. Dont get what people are saying. Its never gonna be like Halo 3 times again. But it seems fine to me with the skill gap game it is.

Wow really good to see Smite on there to. Game doesnt get enough attention. But people in my friends list are always playing.

Finaj

Halo deserves to be higher. Hopefully more and more people will play it as it gets more content and updates.

RoKKeR

Taking a moment to lol at Battlefield Hardline.

Nice to see playtime numbers, but I wish we could have a list like this for concurrent players.

Aranjah

I'm kinda baffled by Minecraft being so high up. I thought surely there were very few people playing this on not-a-PC.

EvB

¡HarlequinPanic!;190082193 said:
any data on sunset overdrive? I remember it being pretty full of chaos squad buddies when it launched!

AllTimePlayCount: 23,740,436
SevenDaysPlayCount: 99,259
ThirtyDaysPlayCount: 492,739

EvB

I'm kinda baffled by Minecraft being so high up. I thought surely there were very few people playing this on not-a-PC.

You clearly misunderstand what a huge deal this is with tiny children. Tiny children who play on games consoles

Hyun Sai

So is Halo becoming the niche hardcore competitive MP shooter with big enough base anyway to sustain itself ?

Not sure if MS should be happy about this though regarding the money involved in it.

Aranjah

You clearly misunderstand what a huge deal this is with tiny children. Tiny children who play on games consoles

Fair point, hadn't thought of that. I don't think it's really sunk in for me how big the game is with young kids since I haven't personally seen it.

Halo seems fine to me. Dont get what people are saying. Its never gonna be like Halo 3 times again. But it seems fine to me with the skill gap game it is.

Wow really good to see Smite on there to. Game doesnt get enough attention. But people in my friends list are always playing.

Agreed. Halo 5 is brilliant, but not gonna get that back, unless we see some shift in shooterrrs. Eh, fine with me as long as the game is good, which it is.

SMITE on Xbone has been a great story. Wonderful conversion, great game, healthy pop. Deserves more attention.

EvB

Fair point, hadn't thought of that. I don't think it's really sunk in for me how big the game is with young kids since I haven't personally seen it.

It's a huge huge huge IP with the kids. Up there with Frozen and Star Wars

Warxard

Banned
So is Halo becoming the niche hardcore competitive MP shooter with big enough base anyway to sustain itself ?

Not sure if MS should be happy about this though regarding the money involved in it.

The revenue coming from REQs should be more than enough .

EvB

Halo is dad.

Holy shit the Destiny total playtime... it is on pair with CoD and FIFA.

It's less impressive when you consider that that is over a year old and encompasses 2 expansion packs. FIFA and COD have been out less than 2 months...

ethomaz

Banned
It's less impressive when you consider that that is over a year old and encompasses 2 expansion packs. FIFA and COD have been out less than 2 months...
No.

Look at the total playtime... Destiny is 3rd just below CoD: AW and FIFA 15 (last year games released close to Destiny).... it is ahead GTAV and CoD: Ghosts.

It is amazing how Desitny become the big shooter this gen.

EvB

No.

Look at the total playtime... Destiny is 3rd just below CoD: AW and FIFA 15 (last year games released close to Destiny).... it is ahead GTAV and CoD: Ghosts.

It is amazing how Desitny become the big shooter this gen.

At yes, I thought you meant blops and Fifa 16

Interested to know where you got these numbers?

It kind of paints the same picture I see when I check the most played list with the exception of a few outliers (ie Minecraft isn't usually that high and destiny is usually higher).

I love parsing through this kind of data.

I can't believe how big gta is still... I think Halo is doing relatively well, more players then both destiny and swbf over the past 7 days... I think it's going to have some nice legs.

Chris1

Are you going to make this a monthly topic assuming they don't block/hide it? would be interesting to see the trends.

Edit: Rainbow six siege has more playtime than ROTR........... I did not see that coming.

Edit2: 62M hours in Witcher 3? Is it just me or does that seem really low considering how long the game is & how well it sold?

blakep267

Are you going to make this a monthly topic assuming they don't block/hide it? would be interesting to see the trends.

Edit: Rainbow six siege has more playtime than ROTR........... I did not see that coming.

Edit2: 62M hours in Witcher 3? Is it just me or does that seem really low considering how long the game is & how well it sold?
I'm guessing most people don't put a ton of hours into the witcher before giving up. I'd like to see the percentage of people that finished it. I got 2/3 the way through Wotcher 2 before I had enough and stopped playing it

Chris1

I'm guessing most people don't put a ton of hours into the witcher before giving up. I'd like to see the percentage of people that finished it. I got 2/3 the way through Wotcher 2 before I had enough and stopped playing it
I still think 62M is really low.. I mean Sunset Overdrive is a 10ish hour game and has 24M hours played and we've believed that to have sold poorly.

Maybe Sunset sold better than we all thought?

Top Bottom