• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A miracle happened: LaMulana coming to Wiiware, 09/20/2012

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
System:Wii
Release Date: Sep 20, 2012
No. of Players: 1 player
Category: Action, Adventure
Publisher: EnjoyUp Games
Wii Points: 1000

Are you ready to survive all types of traps and discover all the secrets of LA-MULANA?
LA-MULANA is the most complete "archaeology action and exploration" game ever created.

Take control of Professor Lemeza and his inseparable whip to discover the mysteries of Humanity!
Face all types of traps, enemies and Guardians in the greatest adventure every created for WiiWare.

In LA-MULANA you will explore vast temples and, most importantly, you will have the feeling of total immersion.
Each mechanism, trap or puzzle you solve will be a great achievement.

Features:
- The best "archaeology action and exploration" game.
- Over 40 hours of play.
- Hundreds of puzzles and secrets to be discovered.
- Wide variety of weapons and objects you can use.
- Use the "Mobile Super X" computer to run help software.
- Large quantity of enemies with spectacular guardians.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/F7TrLts9e6-cHuIxvrHjZiYK6kk-TxCs

Wasn't WiiWare a dead service? At this point, it may have just been wiser to release it on a more competent digital platform.

Yuterald

Ugh, I should have just waited for this game! I downloaded that Playism version, but I've barely played it. I don't really enjoy playing games on my PC so maybe this time I'll actually spend more time with it.

Is Nicalis involved with this release at all?

Well, they'll probably get a credit and some of the money for funding the port in the first place. That said, it seems that a small publisher is taking a gamble, presumably in the hope that it'll be one of the first big downloadable titles for the WiiU shop, assuming Nintendo replicates with what they did with DSiware and made the previous generation's download-only games available day one on the next generation's service.

It's a Festivus miracle!

festivus.jpg

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
They could've just waited a little and release it on Wii U's eshop.
If it's like eShop is to DSiWare's, the entire Wiiware library will be brought over and integrated into the WiiU's new shop. So they can release it early for Wii and it'll still be near the top of the charts and recommendations on Wii U.

jimi_dini

Europe, Europe, release it here as well.

EDIT: just researched a bit. EnjoyUp Games are the publisher for US, and they already published at least one other game in Europe. So dance dance dance unless they forget about releasing it here too.

Totally didn't see this happening. There have also been some amazing Neogeo games released lately on VC. Glad to see they are still putting up good stuff.

Having never played the original version, I decided to just wait for the WiiWare version. When it seemed the Wiiware version was never coming out in EU/US, I got the PC version when that was released. I played the game for a while and then decided it's not a game I enjoy playing. It doesn't feel like a Metroidvania, but more like a sadistically challenging puzzle game.
I feel sorry for the unwary souls, especially kids, who will be lured by the charming and cute retro graphics and will buy this game not knowing what they're getting into.

This news made my day. I was soooooo bummed out when there was talk of it being canceled. I've had an unopened 2000 Wii points card since 2009 waiting for this game and it looks like I finally get to use it.

D-e-f-

Banned
are you sure? I think I remember something about that but my brain needs more recent confirmation

Yes, all Wii stuff (incl. saves, and previously purchased games) transfers over to Wii U. It's been confirmed at or around E3 in an interview.

Is this just for NA, or will it come to Europe too?

Europe, Europe, release it here as well.

EDIT: just researched a bit. EnjoyUp Games are the publisher for US, and they already published at least one other game in Europe. So dance dance dance unless they forget about releasing it here too.

I sent them a tweet a few hours ago asking if there's a chance for them putting it out in EU as well. Still waiting for a reply.

Enjoy Up?

The Chronos Twin people, right?

Yes, correct.

rjc571

Banned
Now I'm pissed off that my Wii decided to stop connecting to my home network for whatever reason last week. Now would be a good time for NOA to rub it in my face even further by releasing Earthbound and Yoshi's Island on the Virtual Console.

I'll be sure to buy this as soon as I get the chance.

Awesome! Though there is no mention of the extra DLC...

I'm torn now, I've waited so long for the WiiWare version, but I want the complete experience. :/

Drago

Not buying anything digital for Wii anymore, so I'll look into this whenever I get a WiiU.

Glad to see it's finally coming out, even though I know next to nothing about this game and will be going in 100% blind :p

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
For all the hassle this great game went through, why not just attempt an eShop release? WiiWare is rather antiquated now.

Top Bottom