• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

A NeoGAF political comic....that's not really political

Barsinister

Jan 16, 2008
USA
When I draw a comic, I imbue my characters with a life of their own. Sometimes I think of the situations that they would get up to away from posting on the politics forum. I have been putting this together for about a week or so in my spare time. I do this out of love. Please enjoy.....

I will keep posting more if the interest is there. Thank you!

EDIT: I asked to have this moved into OT so more people will see it. For some reason many members avoid the politics board.

Last edited:
x1

Barsinister

Jan 16, 2008
USA
During high-school, I wrote what was essentially the comic strip that I eventually got published in my local paper. My friends would read what I had written between classes and encouraged me to finish the next comic during the next class. I learned to put a comic together pretty fast. Eventually, my teachers left me alone, knowing I was on a deadline...

Here's the next one...

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
I have to say I like the style. I have to say tho, I want to see your artistic take on Cunth Cunth

• Love
Reactions: SpartanN92

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Oh dear...

LOL! Do please carry on. Somehow I think your characterizations are eerily accurate.

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
Point of personal privilege and gentle persons killed me. Well done

edit pls no long comics

Last edited:
Reactions: Liberty4all

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
How does one pronounce "GAFional?"

Barsinister Barsinister , may I commend you on your impeccable handwriting. You definitely have Stan Sakai thing going there.
Now you just have to fix your grammar mistakes. :messenger_neutral:
Lemme help you.

GAFional
[gaf-uh-nl]

adjective
of, relating to, or maintained by a community as an organized whole or independent gaming unit: gaming affairs.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: brap

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Sorta, but it's more like a continuous story that's divided into pages.
I can probably see that if you’re coming into it now. I came into it early where I was waiting for the next one to drop, so it was a little bit of a different perspective.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
I can probably see that if you’re coming into it now. I came into it early where I was waiting for the next one to drop, so it was a little bit of a different perspective.
I see. I dunno, I just think the self contained comics like PBF, XKCD, Cyanide and Happiness, Strange Planet, etc. are more my jam. The only serial short story comic I like is Oglaf, but then, each page is it's own joke.

My only other comment is to make sure you put everyone on blast. Equal opportunity shit talking, as they say.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I see. I dunno, I just think the self contained comics like PBF, XKCD, Cyanide and Happiness, Strange Planet, etc. are more my jam. The only serial short story comic I like is Oglaf, but then, each page is it's own joke.

My only other comment is to make sure you put everyone on blast. Equal opportunity shit talking, as they say.
He said he will do requests, and I hope he does. I have no issues laughing at all of us in caricature, especially myself.

Being able to laugh at each other in a common friendly manner is healthy for us as a community.

Last edited:

Barsinister

Jan 16, 2008
USA
It's funny to me when there is a bunch of communication and then I put a comic up. As far as format and content, If I can't tell a joke in a panel, I will at least keep the drawings interesting. I literally decided to spend no more than five minutes putting together a page. I am all caught up on posting what I had initially planned, but the weasel thing and the duck and wizard were all thought up last night, or was it this morning before I left for work. So, content can come out fast and look a little sloppy or I could spend two days making one page. I don't mind waiting for content if it comes fast, so that is what I am doing here.

Barsinister

Jan 16, 2008
USA
Because I am out working, I cannot post a comic. However we are at a good point in the story where we can split the group up into pairs and let them go out and explore. We could also keep exploring the group dynamics. I’ll let the ones who care to vote where they think the comic should go. I will keep an eye on my phone and post a comic later this evening or early morning. Depending on how sore I am when I get home.

Reactions: DeepEnigma

King of Foxes

Jan 9, 2018
Latvia
Because I am out working, I cannot post a comic. However we are at a good point in the story where we can split the group up into pairs and let them go out and explore. We could also keep exploring the group dynamics. I’ll let the ones who care to vote where they think the comic should go. I will keep an eye on my phone and post a comic later this evening or early morning. Depending on how sore I am when I get home.
Whatever happens someone needs to run into the comic embodiment of your average reset user

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Send them out of their safe space and make them encounter the real world

Barsinister

Jan 16, 2008
USA
Well, the job I was working on wasn’t finished after almost sixteen hours yesterday. I need another couple of hours this morning to touch up. I came home yesterday and read the Zoe Quinn thread and the Texas shooting and had bad dreams.

I hope that nobody is offended by this comic series. Even though I think it’s pretty silly, sometimes I think I could write or draw something that sits in a person’s craw and cause bed feelings.

I may be able to post later today. You guys are all awesome, even those of you who annoy me.

Barsinister

Jan 16, 2008
USA
It has been a crazy weekend. Very busy. Sometimes it's fun to see the medium with which an artist works. Let's see if this is one of those times. I work on an old desk in my wife's craftroom. That is where the desktop computer is located. I keep the lights off. I only use the computer monitor light to draw. Right in front of the paper is the keyboard.

I whipped this next comic up as a sort of palate cleanser. Enjoy!