• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

A new era of cricket games gets set to arrive with Cricket 22

Duchess

Oct 2, 2020
Ah, cricket. I remember the first time I was forced to endure that so-called sport.

10 years old in the late 1980s, at a boarding school. Was told to sit on a bench with a bunch of other boys, shut up, and watch.

2 damn hours later, I get to have a go in bat.

The teacher bowls me an easy ball. I hit it, the teacher catches it, declares I'm out, and tells me to go sit back down.

Nice.

bender

Candy Corn Aficionado
Apr 12, 2010
Cricket 22 takes full advantage of the capabilities of the latest generation of hardware.

• LOL
Reactions: GymWolf

Tschumi

Gold Member
Jul 4, 2020
Tim Paine entering the pantheon to stand alongside warnie as aussie texting pervs gotta love it

Today I'm feeling this game, i am.. tomorrow? Who knows. Looking forward to hearing other opinions.

Shubh_C63

Dec 6, 2016
India
Being Indian I am supposed to like cricket but goddamn I have no idea how people can play this as a video game.

TheKratos

Sep 21, 2020
Ah, cricket. I remember the first time I was forced to endure that so-called sport.

10 years old in the late 1980s, at a boarding school. Was told to sit on a bench with a bunch of other boys, shut up, and watch.

The teacher bowls me an easy ball. I hit it, the teacher catches it, declares I'm out, and tells me to go sit back down.

Nice.
You literally hit the ball back to the bowler which you yourself claim was an easy ball... Son, you have no right judging what's considered a sport or not lmao.

• LOL
Reactions: Rayven_king

Roger Rabbit

Oct 21, 2020

Well, that looks rubbish.

Considering these games have irredeemably bad commentary, poor graphics, and a camera that takes an age as it slideshows its way across the panoramic view of the ground it boggles the mind that they thought it needed shit weightlifting and interviews with the press.

sircaw

has bigger MS points balance than reaction score.
Jul 3, 2019
A local pond.

Nice.
Get Gud noob "lollipop_disappointed:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

It's hard to believe that there hasn't been an official Cricket title since Big Ant Studios' Cricket 19, especially given how popular the sport is (though given recent events over the years, it's understandable). Thankfully, the wait for a proper follow-up is now over. Cricket 22: The Official Game of the Ashes is now available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4 and PS5 with the Nintendo Switch version slated to release in January 2022.

Quite a lot has changed over the series' last big outing in terms of mechanics, features and modes but there's also plenty familiar for fans of the sport. Let's take a look at 10 things you should know before buying the game.

Reactions: Bullet Club