• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new Painkiller game is in development by Saber Interactive

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The news was announced by Koch Media, which plans to release the game under its new Prime Matter label.

The new Painkiller will be developed and co-published by Saber Interactive, and will include a co-op multiplayer mode.

The game will be coming to consoles and PC, but no other information such as a potential release window has been confirmed yet.

With Saber on development duties for the new Painkiller, this will mark the third developer in as many games for the series, and the first time it will be handled outside of Poland – the first game was developed by Warsaw-based People Can Fly, whereas Hell & Damnation was handled by The Farm 51, a studio co-founded by former Painkiller staff.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
The new Painkiller will be developed and co-published by Saber Interactive, and will include a co-op multiplayer mode.
giphy.gif

They don't have a great track record other than making games I've had a lot of fun watching and laughing at. Didn't they do a good portion of the port work for Halo 2 Anniversary? And a few map packs for some of the Halo games? Not sure how I feel about them to be honest.

Glancing at their Wikipedia page. They have A LOT on the books at the moment. How the hell would they develop ANYTHING meaningfully while porting Crysis 2, 3, WITCHER 3?!?, AND doing the new Evil Dead game....

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
What year is it? It feels like a lot of games are making a comeback :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Its a generation of no new ideas. Have you not been paying attention? Did you know they have a reboot of Malcom in the middle with a black family? Thats how far creativity has declined to basically nothing. Whats sad is you can go to a book store, go to the sci fi or action section and easily, with no effort, find something that would make a good game.

CitizenZ

Banned
Who? I personally don't watch TV or Netflix at all so I have no idea.

It was a popular show about 20 yrs ago(maybe 30/) about a family living in the suburbs in the 70's. The geniuses today said lets take that but change the color of the family because that's original.

Last edited:

Kadve

Painkiller HD was a stupid cash grab. (why remaster something if you are only going to include half the game?)

I'm cautiously optimistic, but not sure if Saber has the talent to do it justice.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Can't wait, I am not sure in which state the Witchfire is, however Painkiller is goddam classic game from my PC era, played a shit ton of that, so gimme. It needs to have good physics and tight controls tho.

Denton

Painkiller was great fun back in the day. Saber does have the talent to do it justice. Maybe 4A could lend a hand too if needed.

Braag

Saber Interactive having trouble saying "no" or something? They have so many projects lined up at the same time.

VN1X

Banned
giphy.gif

They don't have a great track record other than making games I've had a lot of fun watching and laughing at. Didn't they do a good portion of the port work for Halo 2 Anniversary? And a few map packs for some of the Halo games? Not sure how I feel about them to be honest.

Glancing at their Wikipedia page. They have A LOT on the books at the moment. How the hell would they develop ANYTHING meaningfully while porting Crysis 2, 3, WITCHER 3?!?, AND doing the new Evil Dead game....
They're hit and miss for sure but I wouldn't write them off completely. They've done good work on their own projects I find, even if those titles didn't garner the attention of a bigger audience.

kuncol02

Banned
Its a generation of no new ideas. Have you not been paying attention? Did you know they have a reboot of Malcom in the middle with a black family? Thats how far creativity has declined to basically nothing. Whats sad is you can go to a book store, go to the sci fi or action section and easily, with no effort, find something that would make a good game.
Isn't that what Everybody Hates Chris is? If Terry Crews will play Hal there is chance I will watch it.

The news was announced by Koch Media, which plans to release the game under its new Prime Matter label.

The game will be coming to consoles and PC, but no other information such as a potential release window has been confirmed yet.

With Saber on development duties for the new Painkiller, this will mark the third developer in as many games for the series, and the first time it will be handled outside of Poland – the first game was developed by Warsaw-based People Can Fly, whereas Hell & Damnation was handled by The Farm 51, a studio co-founded by former Painkiller staff.
Longevity of that IP is something I can't understand. It was nice oldchool shooter, but how it's still alive after all that years is mystery.

VN1X

Banned
Isn't that what Everybody Hates Chris is? If Terry Crews will play Hal there is chance I will watch it.

Longevity of that IP is something I can't understand. It was nice oldchool shooter, but how it's still alive after all that years is mystery.
Makes more sense than ever to be honest. Look at the resurgence in popularity of the so-called 'boomer shooter' these days. If they can make a proper (polished) Painkiller game with good visuals and even better gameplay then I'll be all over that.

wipeout364

giphy.gif

World war Z was a lot of fun and I spent a fair bit of time playing Quake Champions, I actually thought they were a pretty solid mid tier developer.

CamHostage

I remember waiting in vain for the Painkiller PSP game, thinking, "Well, I don't care about this franchise at all, but if I'm going to have brainless fun killing things for no reason, I'd like to do it on a portable..." And so, I've still never played a Painkiller, and so far, that's not been a problem. Yet?

Top Bottom