• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new the Simpsons game could be announced at E3 and it better be hit and run

bitbydeath

It’s been announced that Producers and Writers from The Simpsons will be at E3 2019.

A panel will be taking place on Wednesday, June 12th, but the reason for the panel hasn’t been revealed.

We haven’t see a The Simpsons game in a long, long time and I would absolutely kill for a new one. Even if it’s a remastered version of The Simpsons: Hit and Run.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'd love to see a new Simpson's game too but they've always been pretty garbage video games honestly. I'd have a hard time dropping $60 on a Simpsons experience these days.

demigod

The last Simpsons game I played was Bart vs the Space Mutants on the NES. I got sick and didn't want to drink medicine and suckered my mom to buy me it :p. The game was stupid hard, I never beat it.

Grinchy

Banned
The last Simpsons game I played was Bart vs the Space Mutants on the NES. I got sick and didn't want to drink medicine and suckered my mom to buy me it :p. The game was stupid hard, I never beat it.
Man, fuck that game. I don't think I even got consistent with beating the first level. I played it a decent amount as a kid but always ended up pissed off at it.

dolabla

I was just talking to my buddy the other day about there needed to be a new Simpsons game. Hope this is true.

Mattyp

Gold Member

Such a shit game. When your only source of how good a title would be was how good the video cover was at the rental shop. Those where the days.

Last edited:
I'm over The Simpsons, especially after finishing my final run of the first 9 seasons just last night. One of the greatest shows of all-time but not excited at all about this game.

Holammer

EA acquired the license back in 2005 and *instantly* became poor stewards of the IP.
I hope the Simpsons staff are going to E3 to announce a new partnership with literally anyone else. Hell, they should handle it Games Workshop style and give everyone and their dog a non-exclusive license if they ask nicely.

ExpandKong

Banned
863595.jpg

EA acquired the license back in 2005 and *instantly* became poor stewards of the IP.

Funny how that tends to happen with EA. Really gets that noggin joggin’.

The problem with Hit and Run was that the "open world" was sectioned off between levels and they weren't very big. You had to complete all of the missions in one level to see a new part of Springfield but you couldn't visit the previous level. Not to mention playable characters were tied to specific levels.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
You get Hit and Run, but Apu is removed due to being an "offensive stereotype" and Lisa is the heroine. The only thing you are allowed to hit are nazis and the only thing you can run from is reality.

A true to life Simpsons experience on modern day consoles.

Last edited:

Silent Duck

You get Hit and Run, but Apu is removed due to being an "offensive stereotype" and Lisa is the heroine. The only thing you are allowed to hit are nazis and the only thing you can run from is reality.

A true to life Simpsons experience on modern day consoles.
Well, you know what they say...
giphy.gif

Top Bottom