• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new trailer for Granblue Fantasy: Relink will be shown soon

There will be A GBF Fes Stream and Demo booths in Japan.

Some early demo impressions:

Teaser trailer from a year ago:

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Are those new clips? Visually it still looks like what Platinum was making, which is good. But I wonder why there's only one character in all the clips rather than the whole party. They're not turning it into Genshin Impact, right? Hopefully it's just to show off those characters only.

Been waiting for the Granblue Fantasy Fes so long now just to see more of this already. It's a 3 day event iirc, hopefully Relink is early in the lineup.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Gold Member
Man, I'm not shocked now when so many games end up cancelled. Rescuing a project with a major set back might isn't the same as it used to be it seems.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
is there any reason why people are hyping up this game?

Not trolling, the game looks great visually but is granblue really that popular?

Flutta

Banned
Game looks nice. Want to play it but man those loli characters makes it hard. Ugh

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Please, no more delay

Are those new clips? Visually it still looks like what Platinum was making, which is good. But I wonder why there's only one character in all the clips rather than the whole party. They're not turning it into Genshin Impact, right? Hopefully it's just to show off those characters only.

Been waiting for the Granblue Fantasy Fes so long now just to see more of this already. It's a 3 day event iirc, hopefully Relink is early in the lineup.

That's different from the party based footage they showed before. Maybe they are retooling it to a Genshin type game?
Please don't.
I think it's just for the demo. There's a screenshot of character selection. I feel they made it single chara for the demo is so that you can focus on how the chara feels.

is there any reason why people are hyping up this game?

Not trolling, the game looks great visually but is granblue really that popular?
It's pretty big in Japan. GBF even forced Japan to made a new law regarding gacha in mobile game.

It's also first Cygames big console game. Some people compared GBF to older FF in terms of story.

Doom85

Happy Aww GIF by MCDM
Excited Jacksonville Jaguars GIF by DraftKings
Excited Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com
andy richter conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

This has been a long ass wait. I know nothing about the mobile game as I don’t believe it was ever localized in the US. But for the short time I played it, the fighting game was pretty good, and all the previews of this game have looked promising. Hoping it delivers.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Some things look really nice, like the clouds, trees and architecture.

Combat is overloaded with bright colored lights. Hard to see what's going on, but in this type of game what matters is how much you mash the buttons, so whatever.

Characters and monsters look too generic.
The characters are specially annoying, like those you find in teenage drama anime with emo hair and all that.

I still don't understand how nobody tried to replicate Dragon's Dogma after 10 years.

Hoppa

Never heard of this IP until the ArcSys fighting game, some really neat character designs. This looks cool too !

Pejo

Looks really good! Narmaya's kit looks fantastic. The visuals are great, animations still seem a bit stiff, but it's probably that way due to the hitstop, which is probably necessary for the multiplayer.

I just want this to release this year so I can play it. Still says 2023 so maybe there's hope?

Let's see your wishlists, GrubbleGaf. Mine (no particular order):

Npc_zoom_3020052000_01.png

Npc_zoom_3040011000_02.png

Npc_zoom_3030290000_01.png

Npc_zoom_3040156000_01.png

Npc_zoom_3040006000_02.png

*disclaimer - I'm fully aware that Yuel is the only one that stands a chance of actually getting in, but a guy can wish.

YukiOnna

Looks really good! Narmaya's kit looks fantastic. The visuals are great, animations still seem a bit stiff, but it's probably that way due to the hitstop, which is probably necessary for the multiplayer.

I just want this to release this year so I can play it. Still says 2023 so maybe there's hope?

Let's see your wishlists, GrubbleGaf. Mine (no particular order):

Npc_zoom_3020052000_01.png

Npc_zoom_3040011000_02.png

Npc_zoom_3030290000_01.png

Npc_zoom_3040156000_01.png

Npc_zoom_3040006000_02.png

*disclaimer - I'm fully aware that Yuel is the only one that stands a chance of actually getting in, but a guy can wish.
I need Lamretta or I will cry.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Also, just realised how this is basically Skies of Arcadia 2 except Moon Crystals and the ancient weapons/robots Gigas they control, that the nefarious empire seeking them need Fina to get to, are replaced by the Primal Beasts and Lyria. They really should have ship to ship combat to seal the deal :d

Last edited:
Top Bottom