• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new Wild Arms may be possible?

It would seem uncharacteristic of them to hire out wouldn't it? I guess the order is a second party game that is coming out but they've been doubling down on first party studios more.

I'd like to see another. I have them all except the remake. Playing through 2 intermittently

Sony has never made an 'internally developed JRPG' since... Legend of Dragoon.

Their JRPG outings since then have entirely been 'hired out.' Media.Vision, Level5, From Software were the developers that built Sony's JRPG staples, not Japan Studio.

If anything, Wild Arms is Media.Vision's baby. The only difference is that Sony is the legal guardian who pays the bills, whereas Media.Vision is the care provider who nurtured and built the game aspects of the IP.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
The next wild arms should be an fps game

Well, I was saying are they even going to bother funding a game since it isn't first party studio? Not just because they don't make internal RPGs

If anything, Wild Arms is Media.Vision's baby. The only difference is that Sony is the legal guardian who pays the bills, whereas Media.Vision is the care provider who nurtured and built the game aspects of the IP.

Kaneko is no longer with Media.Vision.

And he had a central role to most of Wild ARMs games, being credited for "Total Game Design" and scenario. Only game that he didn't do much was Wild Arms The Vth Vanguard (aka Wild Arms 5).

The next wild arms should be an fps game

The moment this happens, I'd consider Wild Arms dead.

Takao

Banned
Well, I was saying are they even going to bother funding a game since it isn't first party studio? Not just because they don't make internal RPGs

Outside of the Gravity Rush followup, every game publicly announced to be in development by SCE in Japan is from an independent partner studio.

Blue-kun

If it was somehow related to Symphogear I wouldn't be sad either, especially if Kaneko himself was involved in the project. Something RPG related would actually fit Symphogear somewhat well, you've got a bunch of crazy attacks that could be used as skills etc.

Anyhow, gotta be on lookout for that!

Takao

Banned
Witchcraft's (first?) Vita game is a 3D fighter based on The Irregular At Magic High School (Mahoka): http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/857/857181/

uqXRUOX.jpg

VNDO1c6.jpg

PZ2bCsY.jpg

Blue-kun

But how can you make a Mahouka fighter when the main character is the most supreme being in the universe! If Tatsuya doesn't OHKO everyone else then this game won't be faithful to the canon, haha.

All joking aside, I suppose there's not much 'Kaneko' to be had in this one. Still, it's probably a good chance for the studio, seeing as Mahouka is one of the most popular LN around, so I suppose it should do some decent numbers.

Top Bottom