• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Nintendo Direct featuring Wind Waker and Twilight Princess announcements for Switch is reportedly coming in September.

Already own both WiiU remasters, so unless this comes in a bundle, (which of course it won’t) I don’t see the point since these ports would lose the feature of on-the-fly item swapping/map anyways. And I’m a GameCube kid so these games are actually my favorite in the series, but I’m not paying $60 a pop for these.
Same. I recently tried replaying TP on my Wii U and, outside of the better dungeons… yikes that game is nowhere near Wind Waker quality.

I’d pay $50 for a port of Wind Waker HD, but I don’t ever plan on spending a dime on TP ever again.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
People are really excited to pay $60 for roms?
You literally do so whenever you buy something for Switch, if we're going that deep into semantics.

Regarding graphical "improvements", no thanks, just give me the game at higher res and framerate, I don't need "improvements" that ruin visuals like in WWHD, stuff like SSHD or Mario Galaxy from SM3DAS is what I want, your "improvements" are not always such and they look very good already.

kiphalfton

Just another day at Nintendo.

Last NEW Zelda game we got was over 5 years ago, and since then we haven't gotten anything besides a Gameboy remake and a Wii port. That's shit output right there.

93xfan

Banned
Sure, may be true- but how many times have we fallen for this rumor of these games coming out soon?

93xfan

Banned
Well I don't know why I came into this thread
I've got the feeling that videogames ain't right
I'm so scared in case they are 60$ each
And I'm wondering when I'll get a new videogame

Remasters to the left of me
Remakes to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle playing old games
If they’re $60 each, they had better at least be 60FPS and some other visual touches/fixes (such as with the lighting in WW).

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
If they’re $60 each, they had better at least be 60FPS and some other visual touches/fixes (such as with the lighting in WW).
Way I see it, they'd better be 60fps no matter the cost. Those games ran on the Gamecube, so a competently made por for the Switch should run flawlessly.

I'd prefer no visual touches tho, specially in WW. I'm of those that think that they butchered the game with the WiiU port.

TexMex

It literally washes out the game in many areas. It makes what would be a gorgeous remaster, much less so.

You are radically overselling this. Personal preference and all that but it hardly ruins the game. Looks great idk - at least you’ll always have the OG!

93xfan

Banned
Way I see it, they'd better be 60fps no matter the cost. Those games ran on the Gamecube, so a competently made por for the Switch should run flawlessly.

I'd prefer no visual touches tho, specially in WW. I'm of those that think that they butchered the game with the WiiU port.
Problem is games back then sometimes were hard coded to the frame rate and require a lot of fixes. I’d love it at 60 though.

If they charge 60 for each, then they better have the original wind Waker included as well

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
You’re writing off the entire games visuals because of that one effect?
Well... Yes? I mean I literally avoid allegedly masterpieces because of the art style feels boring to me... Don't get be wrong, I think it was my favorite Zelda game before BOTW, I played the GC version, the game is great but I would prefer other games to avoid those "improvements" if that's how the result will be... I'm one of those preferring the SSHD treatment, games look good enough already imo... If they have a way to reduce or just reduce the effect, I could get it just to play it again, it's been a while since I originally played it

Last edited:

JimboJones

The visuals were ruined in WWHD? They’re stunning.
Yeah, apart from a few instances where you open a chest and the lighting is a bit weird compared to the original it over all looks very very pretty.
Tri force hunt parts where still a drag despite the fixes the implemented but I suppose there was only so much they could do.

I wonder if they will be 60fps this time around.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Imo WWHD looks way better. I really wish Nintendo had put as much effort into the visuals of TPHD and SSHD as they did with WWHD.

TP and SS just being upressed versions were a big disappointment for me in comparison.

SegaShack

You are radically overselling this. Personal preference and all that but it hardly ruins the game. Looks great idk - at least you’ll always have the OG!
Was literally playing this two weeks ago on my calibrated TV. It seems like an easy fix and the rest looks so good. I'm surprised modders havent fixed it. Many in this very forum complained about it when the first trailer and screens came out too.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
still that REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-make is big gfx slut 10+
Spukc after seeing my reply :

OIP.s5zkzYVscB_04Bzp3y1aHgHaEK

Last edited:
Look I get the Nintendo is too expensive line, money is relative unfortunately. People are obviously willing to pay. However, the stuff holds its value. So just sell it on ebay when you're done with it and you can probably get >90% of purchase price.

Wii U version of Twilight Princess already runs like a dream. They just need to bump up the resolution.
Yep! Great remaster. If only the game itself aged as well as the N64 entries and Wind Waker. Just my opinion, but TP by far was the weakest 3D Zelda prior to whatever happened to cause Skyward Sword to turn into what it did.

Meesh

Release the kraken, show me the name and the release date... let's kill that bitch ass ganon once again
09928b730f4791185e36e801464b589d.jpg
Is it just me... or has Link become more transcendental? Much more than a reincarnation but almost a spirit in essence, the abilities he now has make him feel like he has more than a physical presence in game. Being able to move fluidly through things like water, be ridgid as ice in enemy attacks, and vapor through time.
Link is a spirit.
Perhaps the end of this game will lend itself more to that premise?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Is it just me... or has Link become more transcendental? Much more than a reincarnation but almost a spirit in essence, the abilities he now has make him feel like he has more than a physical presence in game. Being able to move fluidly through things like water, be ridgid as ice in enemy attacks, and vapor through time.
Link is a spirit.

Nah dude no need to overreact his is just a bit long like wh-oh. Transcendental. That's too much of a college word for me.

Ezquimacore

Banned
Link is a spirit.
Yeah, something like Hercules this time instead of just a hero.

It was a clear step back from the first two. Graphics and framerate apart, there is exactly nothing in TWW that comes close to the incredible N64 duo. Anyone could see it at release, and since then, TWW has been bested by just any other 3D Zelda that’s come out, on practically all fronts. It was the weakest then, it’s definitely the weakest now.

I played the game at release, and since then I’ve read a lot about it. I could understand the hype at release, especially from kids playing their first Zelda. I can’t understand how 20 years later, the game is still so loved, as it’s had a long time to prove itself the less enjoyable of the bunch. The N64 games were amazingly condensed games, delivering a masterclass in level design with so little space. TWW is a bloated, unfocused mess. The irony is, what makes it so is precisely the two elements it’s based on, ie the sea and the Wind Waker itself. Which means, the game’s very premise is flawed and the end result is shamefully subpar for Nintendo.

You’re not alone. I think Skyward Sword challenges Wind Waker as worst 3D Zelda, but doesn’t take the cake. So many people hate on Twilight Princess but it’s three times the game Wind Waker could ever hope to be, and a worthy follow up to Ocarina of Time. The stretch from Arbiter’s Grounds through Temple in the Sky is the best stretch of Zelda dungeons they’ve made so far. The only disappointing part of that game was Hyrule Field (still tons better than the empty sea of WW and sky of SS) and that some of the items were underutilized.

I think in time, people will realize the unusual nostalgic love for WW is really misplaced counter culture white knighting due to the celda fiasco. People too easily forget about the pointless sailing, baby mode easy dungeons, the lack of dungeons (cool two small islands that weren’t even as long as OoT’s ice cavern), and the tedious triforce collectathon. Without the quality of life changes from the HD version, it simply isn’t very fun to play. Even with them, it’s overrated.

Top Bottom