• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Plague Tale: Innocence - Overview Gameplay Trailer - Coming On May 14.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A Plague Tale: Innocence - Experience crafting, alchemy, and more in the Gameplay Overview Trailer

With just a short couple of weeks to go until release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, A Plague Tale: Innocence is fast becoming one of the most anticipated games of the year. The first major own-IP game developed by Asobo Studio and published by Focus Home Interactive, today’s overview trailer for A Plague Tale goes into how to take on your challenges - from the much-discussed rats and deadly universe, to the unique capabilities you’re given to combat or bypass Inquisition soldiers and the capabilities of your new allies.

Amicia is not completely alone in this adventure, as the trailer reveals. Her brother Hugo, while young and sickly, is a vital component of the partnership, his smaller stature able to keep them both safe at key moments. Other orphans - thieves, alchemists, and more - will teach Amicia new skills and provide new tools to hide, escape, and even kill.

In A Plague Tale: Innocence join Amicia and Hugo on a grim journey out of childhood and into a harsh 14th century reality they are ill-prepared for. Pursued by the mysterious and deadly Inquisition, hiding from the rats and suspicious, angry populace at every turn, while desperately seeking a safe haven - this is their life now and you must lead them to safety, no matter the danger.

A Plague Tale: Innocence releases on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on May 14. Pre-orders are available now!

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
80 meta so far.

So this is an adventure game and not an RPG, correct?

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned

High Praise from ACG

So this is an action game and not an RPG, correct?

It's more a story-driven puzzle game some light combat and light RPG elements apparently, but it runs like dope and looks amazing. Watch the ACG review. Pre-ordered a while back and hope to delve into it at some point this week.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I have this on PC and its a pretty damn good game i have to say. It does have some annoying graphical problems. Its VERY demanding (cant hold a locked 60fps at 1080p with a 980ti), and rather annoyingly it uses double buffered vsync so everytime the framerate drops from 60, it goes straight to 30fps. I have tried injecting tripple buffering but to no avail. It also has some kind of loading stutter, where you enter a room or area you havent been before and you get these stutters until it calms down. I am running on a SSD, and have 16gb of DDR4 ram,.
It doesnt take away from the game being very good though.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I have this on PC and its a pretty damn good game i have to say. It does have some annoying graphical problems. Its VERY demanding (cant hold a locked 60fps at 1080p with a 980ti), and rather annoyingly it uses double buffered vsync so everytime the framerate drops from 60, it goes straight to 30fps. I have tried injecting tripple buffering but to no avail. It also has some kind of loading stutter, where you enter a room or area you havent been before and you get these stutters until it calms down. I am running on a SSD, and have 16gb of DDR4 ram,.

Is it an adventure game, RPG, linear in fashion?

Stuart360

Is it an adventure game, RPG, linear in fashion?
Well i have only played about 2 hours, but its not an RPG, its linear from what i have played so far. Its very story orientated, and pure stealth in the 2 hours i have played. Apparently you can kill enemies later in the game (you have to avoid them at first). You pick up rocks and pots, that you throw to distract enemies etc. from what i have read, its mainly a stealth game, with heavy story. I only got it last night, and i'm not usually a stealth person, but its very well done, and i only stopped playing because i wanted to try Rage 2 lol.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Well i have only played about 2 hours, but its not an RPG, its linear from what i have played so far. Its very story orientated, and pure stealth in the 2 hours i have played. Apparently you can kill enemies later in the game (you have to avoid them at first). You pick up rocks and pots, that you throw to distract enemies etc. from what i have read, its mainly a stealth game, with heavy story. I only got it last night, and i'm not usually a stealth person, but its very well done, and i only stopped playing because i wanted to try Rage 2 lol.

Thanks for the short synopsis. Going to add this to the list.

Stuart360

Just to confirm the stuttering was a problem on my end. The game really doesnt like Rivatuner on screen display, i turned it off and there was no stutter.

OrionNebula

Game seems to have mostly quite favorable reviews (lowest I’ve seen is Ign’s 7/10) with most other I came across around 9/10 or 9,5/10

I’m a bit surprised how very little we hear about it, generally (haven’t even seen a OT or official review topic here on Gaf)

Definitely my kind of game (single player, story driven), but I hear it’s got very little replay value, though, so I’m not wiling to pay $66,99 for this
When it’s $40-49,99, I’m definitely jumping in

Game seems to have mostly quite favorable reviews (lowest I’ve seen is Ign’s 7/10) with most other I came across around 9/10 or 9,5/10

I’m a bit surprised how very little we hear about it, generally (haven’t even seen a OT or official review topic here on Gaf)

Definitely my kind of game (single player, story driven), but I hear it’s got very little replay value, though, so I’m not wiling to pay $66,99 for this
When it’s $40-49,99, I’m definitely jumping in
According to the ACG review it's already 40 bucks.

Evilms

Banned

PS4 renders at a native resolution of 1920x1080. Xbox One renders at a native resolution of 1536x864.
PS4 Pro renders at a native resolution of 1920x1080 and uses a temporal reconstruction technique that can increase the pixel count to 3840x2160 for parts of the frame that are similar to previous frames.
Xbox One X renders at a native resolution of 2560x1440 and uses a temporal reconstruction technique that can increase the pixel count to 3840x2160 for parts of the frame that are similar to previous frames.

CyberPanda

Banned
PS4 renders at a native resolution of 1920x1080. Xbox One renders at a native resolution of 1536x864.
PS4 Pro renders at a native resolution of 1920x1080 and uses a temporal reconstruction technique that can increase the pixel count to 3840x2160 for parts of the frame that are similar to previous frames.
Xbox One X renders at a native resolution of 2560x1440 and uses a temporal reconstruction technique that can increase the pixel count to 3840x2160 for parts of the frame that are similar to previous frames.
Thanks for the summary.

Evilms

Banned
Thanks for the summary.

To complete the summary :

- The game does not use either Unreal Engine 4 or Unity but runs on a homemade graphics engine.
- The game benefits from high quality volumetric light.
- The textures are in high definition, with polygonal objects for the floor and walls.
- Many post-treatment effects.
- Quixel Megascan Ready Assets.
- Asobo studio relies on ordinary three-dimensional objects for the surfaces (parquet, grass), and not on the effects of tessellation with additional shaders.
- Chromatic aberration poses the same problems as in FromSoftware games.
- There are problems skipping of frames associated with the engine.
- The hordes of rats resemble physical simulation of droplets or other objects.
- Overall, the title of Asobo remains a great technical achievement.

Framerate:

- XBO : min 24fps / max 30fps / average 29fps
- PS4: min 26fps / max 30fps / average 29.5fps
- PS4 Pro: min 30fps / max 30fps / max 30fps / average 30fps
- X : min 29fps / max 30fps / average 30fps

Last edited:
Top Bottom