• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Plague Tale: Requiem - World Premiere Reveal Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

THE SEQUEL TO THE AWARD-WINNING A PLAGUE TALE: INNOCENCE

Embark on an emotional and breathtaking journey. Follow Amicia and her brother Hugo on a perilous new quest, doing whatever it takes to survive a brutal, uncaring world.

A Plague Tale: Requiem will be released on Xbox Series X|S and PC in 2022. The game will be available at launch on Xbox Game Pass for Consoles, PC and Cloud.

Bartski

Gold Member
imagine what they managed to achieve in Plague Tale as a small AA studio but here with some proper budget to get stuff like real detailed performance capture in, actual combat mechanics etc. This is gonna be great.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I couldnt even get out of the prologue sequence. The steath gameplay was so basic I was like no thanks. Hopefully this gets a big improvement in the gameplay department.

Visuals look next gen as fuck.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Loved the first one, can't wait to play it on PC or PS. Asobo has really level up these last years.

NT80

This is not cross gen? Will the scenery at the end be anywhere near that level in game?

Last edited:

luffie

The gameplay wasn't so great, and it's very linear, but it did have quite a decent storytelling and emotional relationship between Amicia and Hugo. The graphics was beautiful even for the 1st one.

plushyp

Would have liked if it had been set years later with a more mature brother somewhat in control of his powers.

bender

What time is it?
The first one was a pleasant surprise, a tad overhyped maybe but at least that excitement got the word out. Not sure I need a second game though.

pr0cs

Announcement of the show for me, Asobo really are knocking their titles out of the park, the first game was fun and challenging and still one of the best Xbox titles out there. The sequel should be spectacular

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
I couldnt even get out of the prologue sequence. The steath gameplay was so basic I was like no thanks.
Everything is basic in the original game (writting, characters, even visuals more often than not - and especially gameplay, as you mentioned already) - but it somehow comes together greater than the sum of its parts. It has a certain charm that kept me going with it to the end.

Null Persp

Nice trailer and looks amazing, I enjoyed the first one.

E3x8vc_XEAA2ZFL

She looks like Natalie Portman now.

Kataploom

Gold Member
This one was BIG to me, really enjoyed the first game... Now, is this game gonna be exclusive to Xbox? Cause it seemed like it will...

Amiga

The gameplay wasn't so great, and it's very linear, but it did have quite a decent storytelling and emotional relationship between Amicia and Hugo. The graphics was beautiful even for the 1st one.
loved it specifically because it was linear. figure out the are and move on with the story. no needless backtracking or fetching.

GHG

Gold Member
One of my most anticipated games. I loved loved lives the first one and would never have bought it if not for trying it on gamepass.

Day one on the this one, no need to try before I buy, going straight to buy. Asobo are killing it of late.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Absolutely loved the first one, the story telling, the incredible setting and the relationships, everything was just class, I even enjoyed the simplistic gameplay mechanics, top game and I really hope this isn't another Xbox exclusive :-(

Thirty7ven

Banned
Most people say the 1st game is incredible. I gave it 5 mins and never went back. I’m an idiot I guess, it just didn’t suck me in straight away. I’ll have to go back to this and give it more of a chance.

I really liked it but it's barely a game, more of an interactive movie. Not as interactive as say Detroit, but it was still fun start to finish.

I didn't think it was an exclusive at all. Can anyone confirm?

Publisher says otherwise, which is hilarious given trash sites like IGN are running with the idea that it's exclusive.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Oh thank god lol. I've heard good things about the 1st one. Is it really that good? I see it scored a 81 on Metacritic.

It's fun, it doesn't have many standout moments, but the visuals, the characters, the world its set in, the fkin rats, it all comes together to make a rather unique "interactive experience". I played it on PC, so I don't know how it fares on PS4.

Last edited:

gojira96

One of the best games I've ever played! Love the story and the characters. This game is pure charm, and it definitely makes up for the sense of simplicity in the gameplay.

mckmas8808

Banned
It's fun, it doesn't have many standout moments, but the visuals, the characters, the world its set in, the fkin rats, it all comes together to make a rather unique "interactive experience". I played it on PC, so I don't know how it fares on PS4.

Maybe I'll skip it and just go straight to the 2nd game. Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom