• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Prince of Persia reboot is in early development, planned for 2023/2024

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Prince-of-Persia-1-889x500.jpg

From Reddit:

So the indian youtuber who leaked the Prince of Persia Sands of Time Remake months in advance (his SoT remake leak from a few months ago was thorough a community post which is now deleted.

Said the following in Hindi in this video :
"Aside from that I've got a new prince of persia leak, that you won't find on any other news source. Basically Sands of Time is coming next year anyway, but aside from that Ubisoft is working on a completely new PoP game that won't be a remake. Right now the early concept is being worked on, where game mechanics are completely being redesigned and you can say that it'll reboot the series. It'll probably come out in 2023 or 2024 and If I get any news regarding it, I'll definitely tell you."

evanft

Hold up.

Prince of Persia became Assassin's Creed. Assassin's Creed became an action RPG. So now Prince of Persia is coming back....to be like the old Assassin's Creed?

Fbh

Will it also look like an early Ps3 game?

Seriously though I'd love to see this franchise make a comeback....as long as it's not in the form of a generic Ubisoft Open World™

Oh FFS, not Ubisoft Pune (India) again.

This guy is probably getting his "leaks" from his "sources" there who are playtesters.

Countries like India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan etc, are a hotbed for playtesting and environment asset creation, for an insanely low budget. Look at titles like Forza Horizon, Shenmue 3, and other recent AAA titles, and will find these south asian countries in the credits.

I'm in if it's made by the AC team, but it's Ubi Pune, not a single fucking cent from my wallet. Not even during a sale. Ubi will probably give it away on Uplay 3 years later anyway (I mean, if they giveaway genuinely good games like WD2, they surely will for this turd sandwich).

The SoT remake looks like it's painted with absolute steaming hot shite, fresh and straight from the anal hole.

Fahdis

This guy is probably getting his "leaks" from his "sources" there who are playtesters.

Countries like India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan etc, are a hotbed for playtesting and environment asset creation, for an insanely low budget. Look at titles like Forza Horizon, Shenmue 3, and other recent AAA titles, and will find these south asian countries in the credits.

I'm in if it's made by the AC team, but it's Ubi Pune, not a single fucking cent from my wallet. Not even during a sale. Ubi will probably give it away on Uplay 3 years later anyway (I mean, if they giveaway genuinely good games like WD2, they surely will for this turd sandwich).

The SoT remake looks like it's painted with absolute steaming hot shite, fresh and straight from the anal hole.

You sound a bit racist.

You sound a bit racist.

Excuse me, what? What made you think that?

Have you seen the trailer for the SoT remake? It looks like utter garbage for 2020/21 standards from a AAA publisher like Ubisoft.

If you want another example, take a look at the character models and environment assets of Shenmue 3, they look noticeably worse compared directly to games like earlier Yakuza games. It was made by an Indian studio in Mumbai, due to budget constraints.

Same case with that UE5 PS5 demo made somewhere in Pakistan.

The only passable work they do is play testing and environment asset creation work for racing games. That's it.

All I'm saying is that these big companies like Ubi, EA, Activision etc, outsource to these upcoming 3rd world countries because their minimum wage (and cost of living) is peanuts and these publishers are exploiting their opportunities, and the end product (and it hurts even more if it's a celebrated fan favorite game like PoP) eventually being bad.

All I want as a fan, is PoP to be handled by a mainline AC team like Ubi Montreal. Not some no name team which has only done outsourcing work till now.

It has nothing to do with race or any other kind of discrimination.

mansoor1980

Gold Member

Have you seen the trailer for the SoT remake? It looks like utter garbage for 2020/21 standards from a AAA publisher like Ubisoft.

If you want another example, take a look at the character models and environment assets of Shenmue 3, they look noticeably worse compared directly to games like earlier Yakuza games. It was made by an Indian studio in Mumbai, due to budget constraints.

The only passable work they do is play testing and environment asset creation work for racing games. That's it.

All I'm saying is that these big companies like Ubi, EA, Activision etc, outsource to these upcoming 3rd world countries because their minimum wage (and cost of living) is peanuts and these publishers are exploiting their opportunities, and the end product (and it hurts even more if it's a celebrated fan favorite game like PoP) eventually being bad.

All I want as a fan, is PoP to be handled by a mainline AC team like Ubi Montreal. Not some no name team which has only done outsourcing work till now.

the UE5 demo was impressive dont you think?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Hold up.

Prince of Persia became Assassin's Creed. Assassin's Creed became an action RPG. So now Prince of Persia is coming back....to be like the old Assassin's Creed?
It needs to be a genuine platformer. That's the bar.

Assassin's Creed only had partial platforming at best, in a few hidden challenges, and most of it was still streamlined to the point that you could hold forward and climb over anything with automated animations.

Fahdis

How do you think outsourcing and experience works? Were any of these studios amazing at their craft when they started? Give them a chance dude. You literally are pissed that South Asians are handling production of a game. I'm miffed at POP as well, but at least its coming out. You can vote with your wallet, not against people. AAA's only become that way until their teams mature.

Hopefully it's true! And I also hope that it's essentially a stripped down version of Assassin's Creed since those games are all bloated now. I wouldn't mind a more tight, single player driven, heavily focused on story new PoP game.

DonJorginho

Banned
Whatever you do, don't let those shitty Indian Devs get their hands on it, look what they did to The Sands Of Time Remake...

Shubh_C63

I really doubt Ubi will give Pune this big a project. If they did, that's two negatives against it. First one being it's an Ubisoft game.

Top Bottom