• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Rareware-inspired logo/badge/pin appears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynd7

What if Battletoads is their new game and a proper Banjo-Kazooie remake is another? Instead of pulling out Banjo-Threeie.

bon

If Rare doesn't have something cool to show tomorrow I am done.

If it's another half-assed Rare IP game outsourced to a low level developer I am beyond done.

rrc1594

What if Battletoads is their new game and a proper Banjo-Kazooie remake is another? Instead of pulling out Banjo-Threeie.

Rare has been hiring people who can work with UE4 and unity engine. Which makes me think they have a AAA and smaller game in the works. Rare has like 2 teams

What did you guys think of the logo itself? Only I think it's some weird ass shit? I can barely understand what exactly it's supposed to be. Sure, it's the classic R, but I don't particularly like how the colors are displayed judging from that pic.

I mean, wut? Is it supposed to look like double Rs? I can't unsee it as a broken piece of the full classic logo.

It's just the classic logo mate. But if it's their new logo, I think it looks cool.

Tried to make some simulations on Photoshop:

4lVZ78P.png

daTRUballin

HYPE ! This pin gives me chills ! Bring it on !

(Last night, I dreamt about Rare announcing "Mini moles" a brand new IP for Xbox One, 8 hours left, it can't come soon enough ...)

Um, "Mini Moles"? Do you remember what kind of game that was? What a weird dream :p

BKSmash

It's just the classic logo mate. But if it's their new logo, I think it looks cool.

4lVZ78P.png

That looks really, really awesome!

I hope they show a CG trailer with a nuts N bolts vibe, and then the screen just smashes and a true Banjo Kazooie game is revealed.
I suck at explaining but you get the point

Tntnico

Double R for Retro Rare ?
Hmm no, it would be akward to have 2 logos.

Hope that it's their new logo, to show the world that they want to be legend they used to be. My hopes : a new AAA adventure game on a new IP + a Banjo teaser (and a battletoad by another studio if there is a market for it but I think Shovel Knight apparition was enough).

Edit :

Um, "Mini Moles"? Do you remember what kind of game that was? What a weird dream :p

Yes very weird, and I'm french so it's weird that my brain made up something in english with a word I don't use (or read) a lot :p If I remember, it wasn't an announce, but a rumor I read about on GAF and I just read the title of the thread because of spoilers. Very weird

daTRUballin

Double R for Retro Rare ?
Hmm no, it would be akward to have 2 logos.

Hope that it's their new logo, to show the world that they want to be legend they used to be. My hopes : a new AAA adventure game on a new IP + a Banjo teaser (and a battletoad by another studio if there is a market for it but I think Shovel Knight apparition was enough).

Edit :

Yes very weird, and I'm french so it's weird that my brain made up something in english with a word I don't use (or read) a lot :p If I remember, it wasn't an announce, but a rumor I read about on GAF and I just read the title of the thread because of spoilers. Very weird

Maybe it had something to do with Bottles the mole? :p

gaming_noob

I have work until 4 today. The anticipation is going to kill me! Rare/Microsoft you best not fuck this up.

Yea I think this is Rare's last chance to win some fans back. I hope MS knows that it'll take a few years for Rare to gain some goodwill. Hope they give them more freedom!

Montresor

Fingers crossed for the following (I'm getting my hopes up too much obviously):

*Banjo-Kazooie 3 announced
*Conker's Bad Fur Day remastered announced
*Alan Wake 1 remastered (with all DLC + American Nightmare) announced
*Gears of War 4 footage
*Gears of War 1 remastered (with a hint at Gear 2, 3 and Judgment coming)
*Halo Reach announced for MCC
*Persona 5 port for XB1
*Indie parity clause abolished
*Improved indie lineup, with mended relations with the Super Meat Boy, Bastion, and Braid developers
*D4 Season 2 announced

Alphahawk

I feel like Mini Moles would be some type of 3D platformer/beat em up where you could play with up to four players online. I dunno that's just the immediate vibe I got off it. Almost Sonic Heroes like.

Leflus

I just remembered that Craig Duncan, the current head of Rare, posted this tweet last week:
Just had some EPIC @RareLtd T-shirts arrive, the design is secret for now! - Which colour to choose? Green, Blue, Grey, Gold or Red?

4:39pm - 10 Jun 15
Hmm.

Fingers crossed for the following (I'm getting my hopes up too much obviously):

*Banjo-Kazooie 3 announced
*Conker's Bad Fur Day remastered announced
*Alan Wake 1 remastered (with all DLC + American Nightmare) announced
*Gears of War 4 footage
*Gears of War 1 remastered (with a hint at Gear 2, 3 and Judgment coming)
*Halo Reach announced for MCC
*Persona 5 port for XB1
*Indie parity clause abolished
*Improved indie lineup, with mended relations with the Super Meat Boy, Bastion, and Braid developers
*D4 Season 2 announced

Again?! I'd much prefer a new Conker at this point. I like the rest of your list, but would also like some new blood being injected into the MGS lineup. I love my X1, but their e3's for years have been so sterile leaning far too heavily on Gears/Halo/Forza/Fable. Bringing Rare back to their glory platforming and whimsical worlds would give some breadth to their portfolio at least. The only problem now is their lack of internal developers to lean on for creating all of their other absent genres. I just wish Microsoft had more depth to their toolhouse.

Edit: My hope, a new Viva Pinata. Bigger gardens, way more open design options...basically make me a VP game that is as open as Minecraft in possibilities. Give me more animals, free-form buildings, crossbreeding and online coop with friends. Day one.

BKSmash

I just remembered that Craig Duncan, the current head of Rare, posted this tweet last week:
Hmm.

Battletoads and BK colours :D

edit: He also just retweeted the picture of the new logo and a lot of fans hyping their announcement, shit is getting REAL!

Tntnico

Hmm.

I didn't see this tweet ! The wait is killing me ! I'm still at work and I leave early today because I don't want to miss one second of Xbox conference :)

Gartooth

Battletoads and BK colours :D

edit: He also just retweeted the picture of the new logo and a lot of fans hyping their announcement, shit is getting REAL!

Stahp, I work until 4 EST today!

How do the colors line up? Blue and red are in the Banjo-Kazooie logo, and Green is in the BattleToads logo. I guess grey goes with the toads, and yellow goes with jiggies or Banjo's shorts?

BKSmash

Stahp, I work until 4 EST today!

How do the colors line up? Blue and red are in the Banjo-Kazooie logo, and Green is in the BattleToads logo. I guess grey goes with the toads, and yellow goes with jiggies or Banjo's shorts?

Red & Blue:

1446_banjo_kazooie-prev.png

Green, Grey & Gold:

BattleToads.gif

dork

Banned
anything except battletoads, but because its "cool" to joke about battletoads that's whats its going to be :(

Salty Hippo

4lVZ78P.png

I just think it's so weird. It feels incomplete. They should just go back to their Rareware style logo if they wanted to convey this message to us. That logo is perfection.

rareware_logo_by_flightcrank-d46b8hn.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom