• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A request to my fellow gamers and Gaffers

LMJ

To all of the "fanboys, die hard loyalists on this site, be it blue, green, red or the PC master race ( I don't know...luminous maybe) color banner you proudly let wave...to all the gamers on this forum in general I ask for a few minutes of your time.

Let me start out by saying I'm not asking we create a fairytale Neogaf where everything is sunshine and lollipops as this is not only impossible, but honestly quite stupid and boring lol

What I'm asking for is something much more simple, stop with the hateful console warring, you can still prefer a side, you can even detest another when it comes to publisher or creators...But stop with the personal attacks, stop with the derailing, stop with the constant bashing... there is nothing wrong with good natured ribbing or debate, but that's not what most of these threads are devolving into.

This might seem like a silly issue, or ultimately not necessary but I would argue in the grand scheme of things all of Neogaf could fall into that category, many of us browse it while at work some of us just do it to kill time in the end of the day and that's fine, it's also a place we all obviously care about or we wouldn't be here at all... in these current times with Corona virus And stay-at-home orders and requested or mandatory lockins it's a great place to unwind.

I understand, many people are currently very tense 2020 has been a tough year I get it... for many years the xbox fans were looked down upon by petty console fanboys (I would remind them that for the last 3 years they have had the superior console)but still, I understand the animosity.

Similar animosity when the Playstation 4 was announced and it was going to be ahead in every metric after the troubling PS3, but I ask you to look at the larger picture at least as far as Neogaf itself is concerned.

We are losing members left and right BECAUSE we're getting so passionate about this. Good members and new members alike are being banned and while I could plead with the Mods or EviLore EviLore to be more lenient, I wont as it boils down to personal responsibility!

We are all passionate here, passionate about gaming, be it for a console maker or gaming as a whole...

For fucks sake people we just lost Brap, and many more will likely be lost as well if we continue this silliness... let's be smarter about this, the trolling has to stop!

A home to gamers and enthusiasts alike, a site for gamers run by gamers, an open forum where you WON'T be punished or banned for disagreeing with the majority or established narrative and while we may not always agree on everything a place where you will flourish if you don't resort to the very behavior I'm addressing in this post.

We are all passionate gamers and posters so let's enjoy the forum and post in good will and not lose anybody else unnecessarily okay...

Despite the BS being pushed from many threads this is not Sony Gaf, nor is it Microsoft Gaf or Nintendo Gaf, this is Neogaf Dammit!

Mista

Banned
We have 30+ years old man babies. I would understand if this happened by teenagers but believe it or not it comes from people that are 30+ and they have kids

Imagine being too attached to a plastic that you decide to go to war with a fellow human because he doesn't prefer/like your "daddys" console. Its pathetic if you ask me

I no longer bother though because I wont waste my time in trying to have adults discussions with man babies. Nobody minds jokes, we all love jokes!

But when it comes to the whole forum being flooded with pathetic people which makes the discussions unpleasant, nobody would want anything to do with it

Don't even make me start talking about the TOP NOTCH clowns that sneakily starts shit and then runs away when it gets real. Get used to it mate

phil_t98

#SonyToo
If all that stopped some of the fun would stop to, I mean some people go wayyyy to far but it’s funny sometimes to read some of the crap people write to defend a plastic box.

To be honest it’s how you look at it, if you take ALL posts serious then yeah it can be annoying but if you look at certain posts and certain members (on all sides) this place can be loads of fun at times

kingbean

If all that stopped some of the fun would stop to, I mean some people go wayyyy to far but it’s funny sometimes to read some of the crap people write to defend a plastic box.

To be honest it’s how you look at it, if you take ALL posts serious then yeah it can be annoying but if you look at certain posts and certain members (on all sides) this place can be loads of fun at times

If you think autistic screeching is fun then you're definitely in the right place.
I would also recommend youtube comments if you're really looking for it though.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
If you think autistic screeching is fun then you're definitely in the right place.
I would also recommend youtube comments if you're really looking for it though.

Woah with the name calling there, you basicly playing up to it all.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
The only difference is that I'm not being serious.
Then why bring Autisim into it?

Like I say it’s how you look at certain posts and who starts the threads. We are all here for one thing and that’s games and the platforms we play them on. I don’t see to much warring from PC gamers but it does happen.

With new consoles about to launch it will always bring out the fanboys and it will settle once they launch

kingbean

Then why bring Autisim into it?

Like I say it’s how you look at certain posts and who starts the threads. We are all here for one thing and that’s games and the platforms we play them on. I don’t see to much warring from PC gamers but it does happen.

With new consoles about to launch it will always bring out the fanboys and it will settle once they launch

Because it's a joke and jokes can be about or against anyone. Even me and my sacred cow.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Who are you?
giphy.gif

GHG

Gold Member
It's got to the point where I just want to nope out of any hardware related discussions despite having an interest and wanting to learn more.

The problem is there's no interesting technical related discussions to be had most of the time with the same handful of aggressive posters stinking the place out pretending to know shit when they clearly don't. It's the same shit in every possible related thread.

It's a shame.

All you can really do is to not give troublesome posters attention and use the report button.

Nah this is bullshit. It's not resetera. People should be able to have discussions and debates without fear of being report spammed if someone disagrees with them.

It's got to the point where I just want to nope out of any hardware related discussions despite having an interest and wanting to learn more.

The problem is there's no interesting technical related discussions to be had most of the time with the same handful of aggressive posters stinking the place out pretending to know shit when they clearly don't. It's the same shit in every possible related thread.

It's a shame.

Nah this is bullshit. It's not resetera. People should be able to have discussions and debates without fear of being report spammed if someone disagrees with them.
Who said anything about reporting someone that you disagree with? The troublesome users I'm referring to are those who participate in console warring.

nani17

are in a big trouble
I do agree it gets out of hand but I do enjoy the odd joke.

Today I posted one mod removed it first time that's happened and someone else didn't like it. I said sorry and that person was cool with it we moved on and laughed . I didn't mean to stir shit just thought it was funny in my head clearly wasn't.

However It's some people literally take it too the extreme. If you mention something you might think is a valid point they freak out like you just walked into to their house and took a shit on the living room carpet.

GHG

Gold Member
Who said anything about reporting someone that you disagree with? The troublesome users I'm referring to are those who participate in console warring.

The problem is that as it becomes habitualised and positively reinforced with bans then it stops just being used for console warring. That's literally what happened here in the years leading up to shit kicking off here and resetera being formed.

If you want an example of what the "final form" of "use the report button" is then look no further than resetera.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
A call for civility is great and all but as someone who's been around the block for a bunch of generations I don't see it ending. People are tribal.

The problem is that as it becomes habitualised and positively reinforced with bans then it stops just being used for console warring. That's literally what happened here in the years leading up to shit kicking off here and resetera being formed.

If you want an example of what the "final form" of "use the report button" is then look no further than resetera.
You understand I am talking about reporting people who do nothing but bring down the quality of discussions with their console warring and not because they have a different opinion, right? You're misunderstanding what I'm trying to say if you are equating it to ResetEra.

GHG

Gold Member
You understand I am talking about reporting people who do nothing but bring down the quality of discussions with their console warring and not because they have a different opinion, right? You're misunderstanding what I'm trying to say if you are equating it to ResetEra.

I've already acknowledged that.

The issue I have with that is that it's a slippery slope as we've seen before.

Top Bottom