• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A request to my fellow gamers and Gaffers

Birdo

Banned
It's funny. Once a generation is old, no matter which console won the "war", every console is looked back on fondly (With a few old exceptions, like Jaguar, CDi and so on).

Despite the NES trashing the Master System, it's still called a classic console. Same with N64, same with Dreamcast, same with GameCube, and so on.

Nobody cares who won in the end.

Last edited:
Shut up, OP.
qGkGKnF.png

GHG

Gold Member
I just don't see it. I trust the current moderation staff is not of the same mindset that led to ResetEra.

I hope so as well. But once people start coordinating reports in splinter discord groups... RIP.

I dont understand what peoples problems are, I just own everything, it's not hard thing to do... oh except the stadia because I'm not insane.

I own a Virtual Boy and I still didn't go near Stadia. Maybe I'll buy one of the controllers for $.50 sometime down the road just to have one in a box in the closet with all the other controllers I've collected over the years.

LMJ

The only child on this forum who needs to grow up is the creator of this thread.

I don't recall ever telling anyone to stop acting like children, in fact I recall saying everyone has their own personal responsibility, and a personal request to the posters to try to not bait, derail and so forth...as I would rather not lose more Gaffers to somthing so stupid!

If you choose to ignore that then more power to you ;)

Sorry ps5 is super weak compared to Series X and PC, OP.

giphy.webp

For your information Skippy, I play on a X, a Pro a Switch I have always had all the systems because quite frankly that way I get to play all the games from each...but you are correct about the specs so...bravo?

This thread has nothing to do with the fact that the playstation 5 is weaker than the XseX, specs don't lie, it has to do with the fact we lost a long time poster and more are falling because of stupid fanboy Posts and personal attacks...

If I was a console fanboy I wouldn't care if you got banned because you were Trolling As long as you weren't on my "team"

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
For your information Skippy, I play on a X, a Pro a Switch I have always had all the systems because quite frankly that way I get to play all the games from each...but you are correct about the specs so...bravo?

This thread has nothing to do with the fact that the playstation 5 is weaker than the XseX, specs don't lie, it has to do with the fact we lost a long time poster and more are falling because of stupid fanboy Posts and personal attacks...

If I was a console fanboy I wouldn't care if you got banned because you were Trolling As long as you were on my "team"

Hey - that's Mr. Skippy to you, pal.

Look, people are all cooped up and concerned for their well being, and that of their loved ones, from a physical, emotional, and financial standpoint due to a literal global pandemic. There's no harm in blowing off some steam by insulting a company's product. People are taking the piss.

Relax dude. Let people have fun.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
If anything, it's just show how insecure some people are. Wonder if they have anything meaningful going on in their lives. Trolling is obviously fine, but people take some stuff as personal offence.

Its a new console reveal time, it's what everyone has been building up to for 7 years.
Xbox players copped it for a whole generation. They had to put up with infearor ports, and gimped games. MS screwed the pooch with exclusives and now things are turning around. The way the PS players were so cocky and handed out the lols to Xbox peeps, well now the Xbox guys feel payback is in order and the Sony kids arnt taking the spec shortfall of the PS5 too well.
Its a fun time, it will pass, and then people will bitch about if two dropped frames are noticeable, and to if Sony's exclusives are better than MS.

Last edited:

LMJ

Hey - that's Mr. Skippy to you, pal.

Look, people are all cooped up and concerned for their well being, and that of their loved ones, from a physical, emotional, and financial standpoint due to a literal global pandemic. There's no harm in blowing off some steam by insulting a company's product. People are taking the piss.

Relax dude. Let people have fun.

Don't call me pal buddy ;)

I'm not talking about blowing off steam, as already said Im all for a good natured ribbing (the xbox power meme thread IE) and could care less about a boxes feeling, if you prefer one side over the other than more power to you...

I'm referring to the fact that because people get so passionate about these things sometimes they say things they might not in real life or just slamming something or someone and next thing you know they're banned and that's a shame...

Like you said it's all fun and games, until you're not able to post in the forum anymore then it's not so fun

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Don't call me pal buddy ;)

I'm not talking about blowing off steam, as already said Im all for a good natured ribbing (the xbox power meme thread IE) and could care less about a boxes feeling, if you prefer one side over the other than more power to you...

I'm referring to the fact that because people get so passionate about these things sometimes they say things they might not in real life or just slamming something or someone and next thing you know they're banned and that's a shame...

Like you said it's all fun and games, until you're not able to post in the forum anymore then it's not so fun

Good thing you said that. Xbox Power King Meme thread is God-tier. In fact instead of discussing this stuff you should all be making some more killer memes, we could all use a little more laughter in these Covid infested days.

Bolivar687

Banned
I don't recall ever telling anyone to stop acting like children, in fact I recall saying everyone has their own personal responsibility, and a personal request to the posters to try to not bait, derail and so forth...as I would rather not lose more Gaffers to somthing so stupid!

If you choose to ignore that then more power to you ;)

Sorry about that, I just think it's out of line to ask a gaming forum to tone down a console war just before a new generation kicks off. That's crazy. I agree that brap being banned is insane, and I hope something gets worked out eventually, but I would think most of the others are new members who couldn't play by the rules. You're not going to reach the rest of us just trying to troll.

Also, let's be honest, the real viciousness only comes from the Xbox corner. I'm serious, just look at how they couldn't handle themselves when the 360 was winning the first few years of last generation, it was unlike anything ever before in gaming. And they've completely polluted the Gaf front page this entire gen with how desperately they oversell game pass and how "Microsoft is finally in a good place," which I've been hearing since before the console launched. I honestly don't feel all fanboyism is created equal.

LMJ

Here's the thing Bolivar687 Bolivar687 , I could just report every troll I see, but I don't like to do that or ignore people (I had to ignore a few just so I can read threads due to constant derailing) but outside of a few outliers I truely believe each poster wants to join these forums to find folks who they can discuss their hobbies and interests...

Like all of us these folks are passionate about their hobbies and some go to far, it's easy to spot those who just want to stir shit to those trying to have a laugh...

bitbydeath

Its a new console reveal time, it's what everyone has been building up to for 7 years.
Xbox players copped it for a whole generation. They had to put up with infearor ports, and gimped games. MS screwed the pooch with exclusives and now things are turning around. The way the PS players were so cocky and handed out the lols to Xbox peeps, well now the Xbox guys feel payback is in order and the Sony kids arnt taking the spec shortfall of the PS5 too well.
Its a fun time, it will pass, and then people will bitch about if two dropped frames are noticeable, and to if Sony's exclusives are better than MS.

The issue is that people can’t even speculate on Mark’s comments without someone barging in and trying to throw down.

It's got to the point where I just want to nope out of any hardware related discussions despite having an interest and wanting to learn more.

The problem is there's no interesting technical related discussions to be had most of the time with the same handful of aggressive posters stinking the place out pretending to know shit when they clearly don't. It's the same shit in every possible related thread.

It's a shame.

Nah this is bullshit. It's not resetera. People should be able to have discussions and debates without fear of being report spammed if someone disagrees with them.
This is exactly why, just after the PS5 spec reveal, I created a thread about Xbox fans flooding PS5 related threads about the specs and constantly trolling or spreading FUD to the point where there was hardly any technical discussions to be had.
For me, I don't fully understand the technical makeup of the PS5 and would like to know more from tech minded folk here. That's hard to do when you have to scroll through pages of petty drive-by's and insults from other users.

Personally i've started to add more people to my ignore list if i feel its obvious trolling. At this point i just wish Sony and MS just come out with the games so we can start discussing that instead but that won't be happening anytime soon unforunately.

The problem is that as it becomes habitualised and positively reinforced with bans then it stops just being used for console warring. That's literally what happened here in the years leading up to shit kicking off here and resetera being formed.

If you want an example of what the "final form" of "use the report button" is then look no further than resetera.
Be honest. Is the quality of discussion of next gen consoles on Resetera currently better than it is on this forum?

LMJ

Console wars are great, competition bares innovation and excellence...plus who doesn't love cruel power memes?

But Its nigh impossible to read a spec thread half the time without scrolling down half the page to pass the vitriol and trolling...

That's not so great lol

And Solarstrike Solarstrike

1kn9Rko.gif

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
To all of the "fanboys, die hard loyalists on this site, be it blue, green, red or the PC master race ( I don't know...luminous maybe) color banner you proudly let wave...to all the gamers on this forum in general I ask for a few minutes of your time.

Let me start out by saying I'm not asking we create a fairytale Neogaf where everything is sunshine and lollipops as this is not only impossible, but honestly quite stupid and boring lol

What I'm asking for is something much more simple, stop with the hateful console warring, you can still prefer a side, you can even detest another when it comes to publisher or creators...But stop with the personal attacks, stop with the derailing, stop with the constant bashing... there is nothing wrong with good natured ribbing or debate, but that's not what most of these threads are devolving into.

This might seem like a silly issue, or ultimately not necessary but I would argue in the grand scheme of things all of Neogaf could fall into that category, many of us browse it while at work some of us just do it to kill time in the end of the day and that's fine, it's also a place we all obviously care about or we wouldn't be here at all... in these current times with Corona virus And stay-at-home orders and requested or mandatory lockins it's a great place to unwind.

I understand, many people are currently very tense 2020 has been a tough year I get it... for many years the xbox fans were looked down upon by petty console fanboys (I would remind them that for the last 3 years they have had the superior console)but still, I understand the animosity.

Similar animosity when the Playstation 4 was announced and it was going to be ahead in every metric after the troubling PS3, but I ask you to look at the larger picture at least as far as Neogaf itself is concerned.

We are losing members left and right BECAUSE we're getting so passionate about this. Good members and new members alike are being banned and while I could plead with the Mods or @EviLore to be more lenient, I wont as it boils down to personal responsibility!

We are all passionate here, passionate about gaming, be it for a console maker or gaming as a whole...

For fucks sake people we just lost Brap, and many more will likely be lost as well if we continue this silliness... let's be smarter about this, the trolling has to stop!

A home to gamers and enthusiasts alike, a site for gamers run by gamers, an open forum where you WON'T be punished or banned for disagreeing with the majority or established narrative and while we may not always agree on everything a place where you will flourish if you don't resort to the very behavior I'm addressing in this post.

We are all passionate gamers and posters so let's enjoy the forum and post in good will and not lose anybody else unnecessarily okay...

Despite the BS being pushed from many threads this is not Sony Gaf, nor is it Microsoft Gaf or Nintendo Gaf, this is Neogaf Dammit!
Are you under the impression that NeoGAF banned people less in the past?

Last edited:

LMJ

I've been here since the Exodus, and in the grand scheme of things, yes I do believe The Mods are extremely fair they often give many warnings and temp bans to people rather than ban them outright...

I don't agree with every banning that The Mods have done, but for the most part I find them to be fine in their judgment, impartial and fair.

In regards to if Gaf was worst in the past?
I advise you to go to a little site called resetera and see how they run, yeah basically like that...no bueno lol

Airbus Jr

Banned
tenor.gif

Console warring is new to GAF. I remember those days when mods used to ban anyone for 10% of what goes today.
ReeeGaf was just the worst.
My first trip on ReeeGaf was brutal. I posted this

"The texutre work in KZ was pretty ordinary, but it wasnt the textures that made it look good. Just like in Uncharted it was the textures and animations that made it look good. We can just keep it on the PS3 for risk of making it look like a console war. Uncharteds spanks KZ2 in textures, while KZ2's lighting looks better. Both are good games, yet different art direction. Ask one person he says KZ's better, another says Uncharted looks better. Both are top of the chain games by quality developers. MW2 is also top of the food chain."

Then bang, banned for console waring.
I have no doubt those nutbag mods are the same ones on Reee

Last edited:

LED Guy?

Banned
LED Guy? LED Guy? already exposed those groups, what a pathetic bunch.
Yup, they are a group who are in a Discord and I think they are the ones who are spreading that YouTube comment that said PS5 is doomed and it can't hold a candle to XSX and it will overheat, it's like they want that to happen to the PS5 (by spreading fake news) like what happened with the Xbox One back then before it was revealed with Its ESRAM and GPU having problems and Its OS and all that (except those news were real in 2013 before XB1 reveal).

Read this comment that was written by M MonkeyPunch , he explained it better than me and look at who replied to him after he exposed them, that alone confirms everything to me.

LED Guy?

Banned
I mean most of the lies being spread are from Xbox fanboys saying PS5 is gonna fail and all that just because it has 16% lower GPU grunt than XSX when in reality, SSD can make better more elaborate worlds.

The thing that made XB1 a failure is the DRM debacle, the bundled-in Kinect and the $100 more expensive and it being weaker was the least of the worries.

Remember, throughout the generations, most powerful consoles didn't do shit and didn't win any generation, it's the GAMES that made a console win!

But this generation will be interesting, I see both PS5 & XSX will be $500 consoles.

One has higher GPU grunt.
The other has way faster SSD.

But we all know, the PlayStation 5 will absolutely DESTROY the Xbox Series X is terms of sales and overall popularity, it's not even close!!

Last edited:

Helios

Its a fun time
Fun for who? For the manchildren that can't stop their useless moaning? The people that want to have an actual discussion? Or the people that give no shits about either consoles and just don't want their front page spammed with xbox vs ps threads that are basically distilled versions of wojak memes?

I mean most of the lies being spread are from Xbox fanboys saying PS5 is gonna fail and all that just because it has 16% lower GPU grunt than XSX when in reality, SSD can make better more elaborate worlds.

The thing that made XB1 a failure is the DRM debacle, the bundled-in Kinect and the $100 more expensive and it being weaker was the least of the worries.

Remember, throughout the generations, most powerful consoles didn't do shit and didn't win any generation, it's the GAMES that made a console win!

But this generation will be interesting, I see both PS5 & XSX will be $500 consoles.

One has higher GPU grunt.
The other has way faster SSD.

But we all know, the PlayStation 5 will absolutely DESTROY the Xbox Series X is terms of sales and overall popularity, it's not even close!!
I think you are looking at it through rose coloured glasses.
Nearly every Xbox person including myself expect Sony to win the sales war again this gen. I dont know anyone who thinks it will fail at all.
I think most Xbox warriors are just pushing the point that the XSX is more powerful than the PS5, and that while SSDs in both consoles are going to allow for better game development, there will be no difference between the two consoles at this point other than faster load times on PS5.

But remember that while most expect the PS5 to win the sales war, most people expect the XSX to sell far more than the Xbone did. If Sony sell 100 million, and XSX sell 80 million, both companies will be very happy and will make alot of profit.

Last edited:

joe_zazen

I think most Xbox warriors are just pushing the point that the XSX is more powerful than the PS5, and that while SSDs in both consoles are going to allow for better game development, there will be no difference between the two consoles at this point other than faster load times on PS5.

through lies, shit posting, alts, coordinated brigading, and spamming. It turns forum fun to shit for anyone who isn't a maladjusted sociopath with an irrational attachment to a corporate brand.

Look, I know sociopaths cannot form normal bonds with other humans and have to justify their lives through other means like console warring and I dont want them to suicide by taking away their console war entirely. but when it gets to the point it is now, it ruins things for everyone else. Maybe they can tone their mental illness down a bit, change meds, or hang out a bit more on some political reddit so that the don’t just have console attachment to get them through the day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom