• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A request to my fellow gamers and Gaffers

through lies, shit posting, alts, coordinated brigading, and spamming. It turns forum fun to shit for anyone who isn't a maladjusted sociopath with an irrational attachment to a corporate brand.

Look, I know sociopaths cannot form normal bonds with other humans and have to justify their lives through other means like console warring and I dont want them to suicide by taking away their console war entirely. but when it gets to the point it is now, it ruins things for everyone else. Maybe they can tone their mental illness down a bit, change meds, or hang out a bit more on some political reddit so that the don’t just have console attachment to get them through the day.
There are just as many PS guys making up shit about XSX. It wasnt that long ago we had people like Osiris, Tommy Fisher, Klee, Jason Schreier making up total bullshit that the PS5 was more powerful than the XSX.
It goes on all sides.
Another point is that if someone says something thats incorrect they might just have misinterpreted something they read, or are repeating something they heard someone else say. It's not all a grand conspiracy orchestrated by Colbert, Tim Dog and Prolite.

Last edited:

joe_zazen

There are just as many PS guys making up shit about XSX. It wasnt that long ago we had people like Osiris, Tommy Fisher, Klee, Jason Schreier making up total bullshit that the PS5 was more powerful than the XSX.
It goes on all sides.
Another point is that if someone says something thats incorrect they might just have misinterpreted something they read, or are repeating something they heard someone else say. It's not all a grand conspiracy orchestrated by Colbert, Tim Dog and Prolite.

Jason is an actual respected adult with a family and a career. By lying about him, I am guessing you are one of bent sociopath crew?

and you dont a grand conspiracy to brigand forums and shit post, just a enough saddos. But if there is a conspiracy, it will have to do with the social marketing companies MS has hired. This is the company that used the names of dead people to lobby congress after all.

ZywyPL

Banned
I just checked the Bans list, and I see many of the diehard XB and PS fanboys who used to be on my ignore list are now banned (PCgaf I guess? ;p), so I don't know, I feel that until the next-gen systems actually arrive this forum will be a much better place. I mean, nobody is asking those people to fight for a piece of plastic until the very last drop of blood, maybe Sony/MS/Cerny/Spencer are actually paying them to do so, we'll never know, but if someone wants to religiously fight for it by trolling and/or insulting others, and get banned in the process as a result, just let them do so.

Jason is an actual respected adult with a family and a career. By lying about him, I am guessing you are one of bent sociopath crew?

and you dont a grand conspiracy to brigand forums and shit post, just a enough saddos. But if there is a conspiracy, it will have to do with the social marketing companies MS has hired. This is the company that used the names of dead people to lobby congress after all.
Jason has shown by his actions that he shills for Sony. He did his reputation no end of damage with the way he has conducted himself.
Bent sociopath crew? I really dont know what to say to that.

KiNeMz

Banned
Let to be mods. The market will dictate your forum. Don't try and dictate the market. You will lose. I love gaf. The console wars deserve a place. Gaf provides.

LED Guy?

Banned
I think you are looking at it through rose coloured glasses.
Nearly every Xbox person including myself expect Sony to win the sales war again this gen. I dont know anyone who thinks it will fail at all.
I think most Xbox warriors are just pushing the point that the XSX is more powerful than the PS5, and that while SSDs in both consoles are going to allow for better game development, there will be no difference between the two consoles at this point other than faster load times on PS5.

But remember that while most expect the PS5 to win the sales war, most people expect the XSX to sell far more than the Xbone did. If Sony sell 100 million, and XSX sell 80 million, both companies will be very happy and will make alot of profit.
XSX 80 millions? I do not think it'll even sell as good as Xbox One to be honest with you, you can come back to this post in 2027 and you'll see it is the truth.

And about the SSDs, no, there WILL be differences more than just faster or slower load times, but 3rd-party games will have to be developing for the lowest common denominator to work for all consoles (which is XSX's 2.4 GB/s SSD), you'll see the real differences when you compare Sony's 1st-party exclusives taking full advantage of PS5's SSD in maybe Spider Man 2 or Horizon Zero Dawn 2 or Naughty Dog's next-generation new IP.

Last edited:
It is a shame that there is so much negativity on here. But I think negative attitudes are becoming more prevalent in general amongst gamers on the internet/forums. I remember when the current gen consoles were announced and how much excitement and positivity there was back then, people were actually looking forward to the future.

Now what do we have? Just constant bickering, negativity, bitterness. It's sad. It seems many gamers are becoming more and more cynical.

BlackTron

People are obviously emotionally attached to the outcomes here, and demand the agreement/reinforcement of as many other human beings as possible that they are right. It comes down to insecurity. For the people that have a big problem with this, it's a deeper psychological issue they need to work on. It's like a hot woman needing and expecting compliments that she looks good to feel worth anything, and tearing down anyone not into her. Only for GAMES. I remember being like this, fighting for Dreamcast over PS1 and getting really pissed over it. I was also fourteen years old.

I've done a lot of gaming on PS, XB, Nintendo and PC. There are always great aspects to the experience, and lame parts I wish they would change or do better with. This mentality that one platform does everything right and any criticism is a personal attack on somebody that chose that "side" is just petty nonsense.

As for the current "fight" between XsX and PS5, it hasn't even begun yet and people are already trying to "prove" which is "better". It will be like every other gen, both systems will have merits and faults. I personally expect something like PS3 and 360, where both systems are "roughly equal" in real practice, but differentiate with many small details that add up.

I can appreciate speculation based on current facts, but trying to prove anything now is a waste of time. I don't know, you don't know. We haven't even seen any games yet. Stop trying to extrapolate proof from numbers on paper, posing as a software developer. It's getting embarassing, and we are here to discuss games, not to bow down and support your emotional vacuum.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Im not a fanboy of a console Im a fanboy of good games, you give me good games Ill buy and praise your system. You do stupid shit no matter what company you are Ill call you out. The only allegiance I have is to myself and good quality games.

Yup, they are a group who are in a Discord and I think they are the ones who are spreading that YouTube comment that said PS5 is doomed and it can't hold a candle to XSX and it will overheat, it's like they want that to happen to the PS5 (by spreading fake news) like what happened with the Xbox One back then before it was revealed with Its ESRAM and GPU having problems and Its OS and all that (except those news were real in 2013 before XB1 reveal).

Read this comment that was written by @MonkeyPunch , he explained it better than me and look at who replied to him after he exposed them, that alone confirms everything to me.

Yeah, but if you read that post, you see everything he said regarding them piecing together a theory turned out to be wrong. Github was based on reality. He says the rumor is false and they're using it to drive a narrative. That's pretty onesided. They pushed for credibility on that rumor. He says Klee is public enemy number 1, well everything Klee said turned out to be wrong.

How can you look back on this post and think this guy is vindicated? Everything he's saying turned out wrong.

GHG

Gold Member
It goes on all sides.

I don't even like Jason Schreier but throwing him in the same group as the misguided lunatics who create an endless amount of alt accounts to corporate cheerlead while trolling the "opposition" is misguided at best.

The fact that you feel the need to bring up power differences and SSD's in a thread like this says it all really.

Manji Uzuki

I never really understood the fights over which console is better. Specially when we still don't know almost anything about their games. All systems have their pros and cons, it has been like that in all the previous generations and it will remain the same in this one. I don't really care if one is more powerful than the other. Will go where the games I want to play are available. I usually end up having multiple consoles in every gen because of that, so not feeling really attached to any brand in particular.

Totally agree with OP. Games should ruling the show and not debates around teraflops and memory...

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: LMJ

Airola

Gaf could have a seperate section for arguing about specs and games. If people dont want to read it, they don't go there. Choice.

I've suggested this too.
I think there's something entertaining in watching console wars. Some real enthusiasm about things they love is right there.
Forums would be more boring if all console war posts were removed. A separate section for tough and rough console and games discussions would be fun to watch (and maybe even participate!)
Like, imagine the "controversial opinions" thread as its own forum section with each subject having their own fiery discussions. Would be glorious!

LMJ

Airola Airola has a point, When I used to post briefly on the high def Digest forms during the height of the Blu-Ray/HD DVD craze lol

However there were two separate threads, the video game thread, and the console war and people were able to get out there bitterness and troll in there without having to worry about any retaliation.

Just food for thought:)

It is a shame that there is so much negativity on here. But I think negative attitudes are becoming more prevalent in general amongst gamers on the internet/forums. I remember when the current gen consoles were announced and how much excitement and positivity there was back then, people were actually looking forward to the future.

Now what do we have? Just constant bickering, negativity, bitterness. It's sad. It seems many gamers are becoming more and more cynical.

Truthfully, I think you're just noticing the negativity because it's what's grabbing the attention almost every thread has worthwhile posts they're just being derailed and you have to scroll to get to them...

As others in this very thread have stated console wars are absolutely nothing new I remember arguments my school yard hallways about which was better the SNES or the Genesis lol

We are attracted to controversy and drama it's in are very nature as such it means we tend to notice the negative more so than the positive, but as previously mentioned it is there :) a lot of posters on this forum are great people and that's what the very purpose of this thread was...trying to keep those great posters.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member

Jason has shown by his actions that he shills for Sony. He did his reputation no end of damage with the way he has conducted himself.
Bent sociopath crew? I really dont know what to say to that.

Both of these users have been removed from this thread.

In this thread of all threads, we don't need the current and regressive console wars in which you just can't help yourselves with, bleeding into here.

Going forward, I suggest people check that at the door.

LED Guy?

Banned
Yeah, but if you read that post, you see everything he said regarding them piecing together a theory turned out to be wrong. Github was based on reality. He says the rumor is false and they're using it to drive a narrative. That's pretty onesided. They pushed for credibility on that rumor. He says Klee is public enemy number 1, well everything Klee said turned out to be wrong.

How can you look back on this post and think this guy is vindicated? Everything he's saying turned out wrong.
Yeah but they still are witch hunting and are fabricating many other lies, now this is one of them.

And nope, everything Klee said was correct, except that PS5 being more powerful, that is it, he even strongly hinted at XSX being revealed at VGAs 2019 and he was correct about it.

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
Both of these users have been removed from this thread.

In this thread of all threads, we don't need the current and regressive console wars in which you just can't help yourselves with, bleeding into here.

Going forward, I suggest people check that at the door.
For a moment there I was like "wait are we having this discussion? Here of all the threads? LOL"

I agree with the OP...
What hurts the most is that, there is next to no games announced.
People are basically fighting about numbers now. Not games, numbers.

LMJ

To be fair Faithless83 Faithless83 , that's all we currently have to go on I have no doubt that when the new games are Show many posters will go crazy :)

I mean the last trailer for final fantasy 7 remake just dropped and it is absolutely crazy that's definitely going to eat up a lot of people's time and that's gonna be All many are talking about for some time, followed by Cyberpunk and other big names.

Both Microsoft and Sony will drop their trailers for their upcoming generation and will certainly be jaw dropping and I expect a lot more Genuine posts of excitement and of course skepticism on whether or not the games are what they truly claim to be :)

LordKasual

Banned
For fucks sake people we just lost Brap

this console war was a fine price to pay for such a win.

That said, yes it is absolutely painful to hear dumbass "tflop" and "SSD" jokes everywhere we go. It's infecting everything.

Faithless83

Banned
To be fair Faithless83 Faithless83 , that's all we currently have to go on I have no doubt that when the new games are Show many posters will go crazy :)

I mean the last trailer for final fantasy 7 remake just dropped and it is absolutely crazy that's definitely going to eat up a lot of people's time and that's gonna be All many are talking about for some time, followed by Cyberpunk and other big names.

Both Microsoft and Sony will drop their trailers for their upcoming generation and will certainly be jaw dropping and I expect a lot more Genuine posts of excitement and of course skepticism on whether or not the games are what they truly claim to be :)

I thought my base PS4 couldn't handle FF7 Remake and the demo runs like a charm. I can only dream of what next gen will bring on both sides.
It seems like we are going to have a huge generational leap in what is a great gen already.

LMJ

I thought my base PS4 couldn't handle FF7 Remake and the demo runs like a charm. I can only dream of what next gen will bring on both sides.
It seems like we are going to have a huge generational leap in what is a great gen already.

You have no idea :) keep in mind all these amazing looking games we've gotten recently have been built with around 2 Terraflops in mind...

Not to mention an ancient jaguar CPU, and while the Pro in the X do exist, ultimately they are done really little with as they're used to brute force resolution and a few extra effects. not even close to being taken advantage of due to the base consoles

So when we see games that are able take advantage of what's coming seriously it's going to be jaw dropping :)

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I would love nothing more than to see the sad and pathetic platform warriors knock it off, but sadly that won't happen. They have tied their entire personal worth around their preferred plastic boxes, whether that be PC, Playstation, Nintendo, or Microsoft. Though, to be honest, I have a bit more respect for those who simply come out and say they have a bias than the ones who keep making claims they don't, but immediately spout insipid crap like "lol nintendies/sonygaf/xbots". They tend to be the biggest platform warriors.

Specs mean nothing if they don't have a solid lineup of releases well paced to keep consumers engaged. If we simply look to the past, the "most powerful" systems rarely were the most successful of their generation. It was the reason we buy these platforms: the games, that made a system successful.

Jtibh

Banned
This brap must have been some superstar here.

All i see thread after thread people are crying over him .

Why is he dead and what made him so special?

We have lot of high quality profiles here i run into many times from prince Mista Mista to goofball MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima ( dude change your avatar) but never had the chance to experience this brap magic

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Well the same concept could be applied to anime and the Off Topic board would be flying. Whichever one hammers the point home. 🤷‍♀️
People should be free to like and no like (thing) but giving something a chance should also be encouraged. That being said you could always just be a console chad.
Soc6Fgs.jpg

Mista

Banned
This brap must have been some superstar here.

All i see thread after thread people are crying over him .

Why is he dead and what made him so special?

We have lot of high quality profiles here i run into many times from prince Mista Mista to goofball MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima ( dude change your avatar) but never had the chance to experience this brap magic
I appreciate the kind words thank you

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
People should be free to like and no like (thing) but giving something a chance should also be encouraged. That being said you could always just be a console chad.
Soc6Fgs.jpg
If I had my way I'd be an arcade neet but as it stands consoles have a lot of the games I want, with some generic PC hardware on the side for the purposes of accurate emulation.

LMJ

Soc6Fgs.jpg

Now those are some "controllers" I would like some "hands on time" with ;) :p lol

People are obviously emotionally attached to the outcomes here, and demand the agreement/reinforcement of as many other human beings as possible that they are right. It comes down to insecurity. For the people that have a big problem with this, it's a deeper psychological issue they need to work on. It's like a hot woman needing and expecting compliments that she looks good to feel worth anything, and tearing down anyone not into her. Only for GAMES. I remember being like this, fighting for Dreamcast over PS1 and getting really pissed over it. I was also fourteen years old.

I've done a lot of gaming on PS, XB, Nintendo and PC. There are always great aspects to the experience, and lame parts I wish they would change or do better with. This mentality that one platform does everything right and any criticism is a personal attack on somebody that chose that "side" is just petty nonsense.

As for the current "fight" between XsX and PS5, it hasn't even begun yet and people are already trying to "prove" which is "better". It will be like every other gen, both systems will have merits and faults. I personally expect something like PS3 and 360, where both systems are "roughly equal" in real practice, but differentiate with many small details that add up.

I can appreciate speculation based on current facts, but trying to prove anything now is a waste of time. I don't know, you don't know. We haven't even seen any games yet. Stop trying to extrapolate proof from numbers on paper, posing as a software developer. It's getting embarassing, and we are here to discuss games, not to bow down and support your emotional vacuum.
I've come to appreciate that people psychologically plateau and become stuck at younger "mentalities." It makes sense because humans are prone to plateau in nearly every other aspect of life and require some push (however that manifests) to move forward.

LMJ

I DONT KNOW M mariosbrother ...

Perhaps I just have more faith in humanity than the average person, but I believe most people truly want to find someone who feels the way they do or shares their beliefs and ideals

In the search to find said group some might become aggresive... herd mentality is a very real thing...

At the end of the day I think the reason why some people get so passionate about this is because a publisher, a system, a company resonates with them and they find themselves almost becoming a team player in a sense, when their team is threatened they feel the need to fight back...

We see it in politics, we see it in sports, media, soft drink choice and all kinds of things why should games be any different?

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Aye i must say these ps this xbox that threads need to be filtered.

At the beginning it was fun.
But at a certain point it got way to salty in the threads. And the amount of threads about it 🤫

Drains out the cool stuff.

XOX
O
X

Last edited:

LMJ

I would agree with that Spukc Spukc , like an official spec sub thread, I imagine it will improve once more info is released, but we do currently have an abundance of SSD qnd Sony is doomed, in trouble, etc threads lol

Last edited:
I DONT KNOW M mariosbrother ...

Perhaps I just have more faith in humanity than the average person, but I believe most people truly want to find someone who feels the way they do or shares their beliefs and ideals

In the search to find said group some might become aggresive... herd mentality is a very real thing...

At the end of the day I think the reason why some people get so passionate about this is because a publisher, a system, a company resonates with them and they find themselves almost becoming a team player in a sense, when their team is threatened they feel the need to fight back...

We see it in politics, we see it in sports, media, soft drink choice and all kinds of things why should games be any different?
Entirely possible there are different reasons as to "why"... also entirely possible my theory and yours are tightly coupled, completely disjointed, or somewhere in between. Multiple facets to the human brain, multiple theories to explain everything. ((shrugs))

• Thoughtful

LMJ

Entirely possible there are different reasons as to "why"... also entirely possible my theory and yours are tightly coupled, completely disjointed, or somewhere in between. Multiple facets to the human brain, multiple theories to explain everything. ((shrugs))

Very true :) like a said maybe I'm just optimistic lol, but I truly believe most people who join this site are doing it for a reason other than pointless warring, they want to talk to other people about the things they're passionate about...be that a particular console, PC or gaming as a whole!

Bias exists in every one of us, it's impossible for it not to...

We all have been touched deeply by a particular song, a moment in a movie, a scene in a video game or perhaps a studio a sports team this is where bias is born in this particular instance, on the flip side maybe you've been burnt once or twice, or you've heard nasty rumors, Perhaps the company/person etc has done something in the past that you find concerning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom