A Sneak Preview of the 2020 Democratic Primary

Jan 13, 2018

Here is a chilling sneak peak into the kind of propaganda that progressives will be up against in 2020. It will be the same corrupt DNC leaders allied with ex-Hillary Clinton staffers trying to push the same propaganda and lies. It will be even worse than in 2016 in my opinion, as we'll be going into another bitter contest on the tail end of 4 years of lies and exaggeration about Russian involvement in the elections.

Get ready for lies stating that:

1) Anything that looks bad for an establishment candidate is Russian propaganda
2) Anyone that's not a minority or a woman will be called a racist and a sexist nonstop
3) Almost unanimous media endorsement of the mainstream establishment frontrunners (Beta O'Rourke, Kamala Harris)
4) Constant reassurances that establishment candidates will do the same things Bernie is promising. They absolutely are lying.

It's even been revealed just in the last week that ex-Clinton advisors are already running social media disinformation campaigns exactly like the ones they accuse Russia of running. It's going to be the most corrupt, lie-ridden primary in my life time - and it's already starting.

Last edited:

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
The 2020 election is going to be a numbers game.

No matter what crazy message the Democrats run on, the Democrats know they have a lot more voters that will automatically swing the election one way.

Unless Republicans can magically pump out more babies, the amount of people who came out for Trump is 2016 is all they have left. The Boomers wont be around forever, so once they die, that's when the permanent decline is going to set in.

What Republicans can hope for in 2020 is for Democrats to eat themselves. Nominating Beto or Biden is electing another straight white person. That would cause a bit of the Democrats base to stay home, and give Trump a break at the polls.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think there are enough Trump supporters to win another election. The GOP's best bet is to play dirty, particularly gerrymandering.

Feb 27, 2007
Finland
I don't think there are enough Trump supporters to win another election. The GOP's best bet is to play dirty, particularly gerrymandering.
Dem candidate problem is name recognition, or rather the lack of. No matter what people feel about Trump he has his name going for him. That and the ever widening party divide are things which are going for him.

Jan 13, 2018
Have Dems figured out what their message for 2020 will be? I think it had to be more than "orange man bad".
Bernie will run on the same policies as before. Only now he's starting as the most popular politician in the country instead of starting as a complete unknown.

Establishment Democrats will run on orange man bad.

Mar 3, 2010
I watched two minutes and the video made a disingenuous comparison between a Hillary quote in 2016, and a random NYTimes article in 2018 (while citing neither directly), in order to use them to represent the prevailing thought of "establishment Dems" in totality in order to show some conspiratorial hypocrisy in messaging.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
It's going to be a Democratic bloodbath with such a large field of potential candidates. After 3+ years hearing about how racist, sexist, xenophobic, hypocritical and downright terrible Trump is I am probably going to enjoy these next 16 months in American politics, even though I suspect the winner of the field will have a relatively easy path forward - identity politics are too strong right now for her not to grasp this bull by the horns.

Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
Yeah. It was to create a no-fly zone around Syria and send the US into yet another war, eventuallly leading directly into open warfare with Russia. They still trying.
For the life of me I still don't understand why we give a damn about Syria. If we insert ourselves into every situation of human rights violations on this planet it would be W40K levels of never-ending warfare.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018
For the life of me I still don't understand why we give a damn about Syria. If we insert ourselves into every situation of human rights violations on this planet it would be W40K levels of never-ending warfare.
You just answered your own question. The military industrial complex feeds on endless wars, and thus will do things to produce them. Anywhere there is conflict, we'll send the military because the military makes people money. Diplomacy does not.

Jun 29, 2016
While I do care about who wins the primary, the main thing for Dems is to stand united behind whoever comes out victorious. 2020 will be by far the most important election in a LONG time, and losing is not an option unless we want to go back to the 50's.

Sep 4, 2018
Take that Rafael Edward Cruz
i don't see the value in any "well Republicans do it too!" arguments. they are entirely ignorable. this shit can't be a race to the bottom. if im voting for someone they need a reason why they are doing things beyond "the other side does it too". if they cannot provide one then they just sound like a substance-free politician.

Trump is the ultimate "we are better than the other side" opposition candidate. it should be taken for granted that any Democrat running is not going to be Trump. that is not enough. they need to do the opposite of what Hillary did, they need to put some fucking effort into this. otherwise i don't want to hear 4 more years of whining from these same self pitying idiots.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Jun 15, 2013
The entire platform will turn into “we aren’t trump” instead of standing on their merits alone.

It will be a dark time in this country and the media will be even more ridiculous.

May 9, 2016
Unless Republicans can magically pump out more babies, the amount of people who came out for Trump is 2016 is all they have left. The Boomers wont be around forever, so once they die, that's when the permanent decline is going to set in.
From what I have seen, you're kidding yourself if you think large numbers of young people didn't vote for Trump. What are you basing that on?

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
From what I have seen, you're kidding yourself if you think large numbers of young people didn't vote for Trump. What are you basing that on?

Younger voters came out in greater numbers for Democrat.
When boomers disappear, the demographics will represent a shift where there wont be enough Republicans to change things.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny...sm-in-2016-campaign-hang-over-2020-bid.90909/

I guess I called that one.

Three days after I posted this, we have the first Bernie attack piece calling him sexist. And of course REEEEEE is instantly banning anyone that doesn't listen and believe.
CNN giving the story air time today, asking if Bernie's response is good enough. The implication, of course, is that it's not. Brooke Baldwin and her guests are crucifying him. In the same segment they cite Feinstein backing Joe Biden.

I loathe American "news."

Aug 30, 2018
CNN giving the story air time today, asking if Bernie's response is good enough. The implication, of course, is that it's not. Brooke Baldwin and her guests are crucifying him. In the same segment they cite Feinstein backing Joe Biden.

I loathe American "news."
The way the media treated Bernie during the primaries wasn't all that different from how they treat Trump today.

This taught me a very valuable lesson. If a candidate is outside the mainstream, they will be crucified and belittled by the MSM regardless of their party affiliation. Their goal is to make any candidate that actually wants to change things as unlikable and uncredible as possible, and it's worked on a large number of people on both Trump and Bernie.

So the left that are foaming at the mouth eating up every word by the MSM about Trump? Guess what, your candidates to the left of Biden and Harris will be treat terribly, then you'll finally realize that the media you've weaponized was never on your side.

Jun 20, 2018
Coming from Trump voters, complaints about lies, propaganda and exaggerations are quite ironic, to put it lightly.
And yet its the media that sells half truths on a global scale about trump and sold one of the worst conspiracy theories i have ever heard to the point some fools are still eating up that crap.
The people that swallowed lies and puke out uninformed opinions for 2,5 years attack others as liars and propagandists, funny how that works.
Will you still attack conservatives after the mueller report ends up having nothing on collusion or will you have some form of self respect left and attack the democratic party and media that lied to you for over two years and played you for a fool? I am honestly asking btw.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2013
Yep, in the real world most Dem messaging was on healthcare. Just because trumpkins keep repeating that Dems don't have a message doesn't mean it's true.
They need to fix their messaging on it. Instead of going "the government will provide health care" they need to go after the problems with collusion in healthcare betwen big pharma and insurance companies etc. Promise that the government will hold them accountable for price gouging and keep prices low or at a certain percentage above costs.