• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY free on Epic Games Store for 24 hours when it launches (August 13th, 2020)

Sybrix

Due for release on 13th August, a Epic Store exclusive, if claimed within first 24 hours of release you keep it for free forever.

Last edited:
First of all: this is an opportunity for TROY specifically, and we have no plans for future games to be Epic exclusives.
(...)
Epic were paying for our players to have our latest release free on day one.
(...)
money that we’ll be putting back into the studio

Ok, thanks Tim. I'll miss the workshop but it sounds like a good deal.

A.Romero

I really don't want to support these practices, specially since they are prioritizing stuff like the mobile app development over other functionality that (in my opinion) should be attended first... But every offer they put forward gets more difficult to ignore.

zcaa0g

Banned
Three Kingdoms sold over a million copies in the first week. Not sure on current sales numbers but Epic is dropping a decent amount of coin to do this even for them. Their server infrastructure is going to get boat raced in that 24 hours.

SLB1904

Banned
Suppose its a test of the waters to see how well it goes down, wonder how much Epic paid them to do this.
Probably fuck ton of money. 3 kingdoms charted on npd when it came. And its pc exclusive.
To be honest this is one of the biggest deals ive seen

fermcr

Not bad at all from Epic store.
Don't STOP Epic. Please continue offering free games forever...

Kazza

The trailer looks kind of bad but won’t complain about free

It really does. I know the Saga series is meant to be smaller and lower budget compared to the mainline games, but the trailer looked pretty cheap. The voice acting in particular is very bad.

I'm 90% sure I'm going to forget about this and miss out on the free 24 hour period. I guess we'll just have to keep the thread bumped and active until then so we don't forget :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Probably fuck ton of money. 3 kingdoms charted on npd when it came. And its pc exclusive.
To be honest this is one of the biggest deals ive seen
I dunno, man. It's a saga game after all, not like the main line, e.g., 3 Three Kingdoms and Warhammer. Think Thrones of Britannia.

Dargor

I think this is the first time that total war is being launched on anything other than steam, right?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
No thank you Epic.

JKn5I4v.jpg

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Downloaded it. haven't had a chance to really dive in. First thing I did was a solo fight Hector vs Achilles. I was Hector. Got wasted.

SinDelta

This is incredibly ironic when I've seen people who think Epic Game Store is a Chinese trojan horse given their connection to Tencent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom