• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Vampyre Story

Why isn't there more hype for this game?

Besides the fact that it's the first full-length adventure game worth getting for in years and the fact that it fixes the "U = Use, E = Examine, T = Talk/Eat, etc." control interface, it's essentially a BRAND NEW LUCASARTS ADVENTURE GAME BEING RELEASED IN 2008

It just seems like this game is being shoved away in the mass hype for other games coming out this fall, and I would like to fight this injustice.

Now for some wonderful screenshots:

vampyre21g.jpg

nvmcrockxk.jpg

Screenshot06.jpg

a_vampyre_story-scr01.jpg

what? where? who is developing this?

I'm not willing to get hyped to be kicked in the balls by yet another failed click-n-point game..

Fuzz Rez

Banned
There has been fair amount hype for this game... Although you can't hype good games too much so let's hype it some more.

InsertCredit said:

Autumn Moon Entertainment.

InsertCredit said:

I'm not willing to get hyped to be kicked in the balls by yet another failed click-n-point game..

The name of the studio isn't going to do anything for you (Autumn Moon Entertainment), but the game is being developed by a number of ex-LucasArts employees including Dave Harris and Bill Tiller

I have been hyped for this game since I saw pictures for it about 6 months ago. It is the reason I'm getting a new computer.

Guybrush Threepwood said:
The name of the studio isn't going to do anything for you (Autumn Moon Entertainment), but the game is being developed by a number of ex-LucasArts employees including Dave Harris and Bill Tiller
Hmm, seeing Tiller's credited on The Dig & Grim Fandango, this actually might be good.

.. allright, I'll bite. Let's see if any stores will stock it :lol

CTLance

Do want, but knowing my luck it's not gonna run on my W2k box. Just like Spore. *sniffle* I'm not sad. I'm a big boy now. *blows nose*

Edit: God fucking dammit it's true. Vista/XP only. Fuck you guys I'm going home. :(

Timber

This has been on my radar for years... I'd love love love to be able to play it when it comes out but I don't think my PC will be able to handle it. Are the system specs available somewhere?

ampere

I think there is a good amount of hype for this game. It's number 1 on AdventureGamers.com. I can't freaking wait, and I really hope it manages to come out next month as scheduled.

Since Guybrush is here I have to ask, do you know anywhere I could get my hands on the Monkey Island games at a decent price?

ampere

InsertCredit said:
Hmm, seeing Tiller's credited on The Dig & Grim Fandango, this actually might be good.

.. allright, I'll bite. Let's see if any stores will stock it :lol
I'm not even going to see, just going to use Amazon straight up.

Ogni-XR21

The backgrounds are 2D, but iirc are kind of arranged in depth. Don't know if that means some kind of parallax scrolling or actually arranged in a 3D space, the bit I read about it was very vague. Mona is a 3D model which is probably the best way to get fluid animations.

I've been waiting for this game for years now, ever since Bill Tiller started pitching it to get a publisher. DAY 1!!!

ciaossu said:
Since Guybrush is here I have to ask, do you know anywhere I could get my hands on the Monkey Island games at a decent price?

You can find Curse of Monkey Island and Escape from Monkey Island for fairly cheap (I recommend the PS2 version of EFMI), but for the first two games you'll have to go a little higher.

Go for the Monkey Island Madness CD, which can be bought for around $50-$60 on Amazon.

Paznos

Man the last adventure game I played was Dreamfall(that was the last one released wasn't it? :lol ) Looking forward to this.

itxaka

Defeatist
Lies.

I hope this is not a joke guybrush because if it is I will kill you with my cold, soft hands.

Go for the Monkey Island Madness CD, which can be bought for around $50-$60 on Amazon.

Really? I got at least 2 around here after so many years losing and re-buying the monkey island games.

Full throtle, Day of the Tentacle and Indy3 are still around in Spain. If they are international versions I will buy hundreds and sent it to gaffers. I think they are like 3€ each.

Also, there are still some compilations with different lucasarts games still around and sealed. People don't even know what they are :_(

Edit:

See!
The dig: http://www.game.es/ficha/ficha.aspx?SKU=042780
Curse of Monkey Island: http://www.game.es/ficha/ficha.aspx?SKU=042781
Escape from MI: http://www.game.es/ficha/ficha.aspx?SKU=048136
FT: http://www.game.es/ficha/ficha.aspx?SKU=042782

awesome, I'll have to re-buy them for the future!

Spike

This has been my most anticipated game of 2008! Let's just hope the release date stixks and it doesn't fall behind.

ampere

You can find Curse of Monkey Island and Escape from Monkey Island for fairly cheap (I recommend the PS2 version of EFMI), but for the first two games you'll have to go a little higher.

If they'd release them on Steam I'd get 'em in a heartbeat. At $50-60 I'll have to think about it.

bridegur

I would love to buy this, but I have a Mac. Depending on reviews, I may reinstall the hassle that is Boot Camp once more.

itxaka

Defeatist
ciaossu said:
If they'd release them on Steam I'd get 'em in a heartbeat. At $50-60 I'll have to think about it.

Ok, I'm doing this for you because I actually have no money and cannot buy it, because it's a fucking deal.

Complete in box with all documentation. Includes the RARE Monkey Island Madness (Includes Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island Madness 2: LeChuck's Revenge), as well as Afterlife, The Dig, Full Throttle, Star Wars: Dark Forces and, LucasArts Sampler. For the PC / Windows.

CDs are in EXCELLENT condition with no scratches.

Documentation includes a User's Guide, a Quick Start Guide, and a LucasArts catalog, all in excellent condition. Box is in good condition, very minor shelf wear.

It's actually at 20,5$

http://cgi.ebay.es/LucasArts-Archiv...NameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em122

BeeDog

Since Clear Sky fell of my purchase list, this might very well replace it. Looks amazingly awesomeishly beautiful, and I hope it turns out to be a great adventure game.

border

Ehhhh yeah, the voice acting sounds kind of second-rate. If this genre is going to be doomed to shoestring budgets and $30 releases, I wish they'd just skip voices altogether and work on more important stuff.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I didn't expect to see this game until late next year. They haven't made any major updates to their website in ages. Well, good for them on getting it out just in time for Halloween.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I played So Blonde which is essentially A BRAND NEW BROKEN SWORD GAME IN 2008

And....yeah, not great.

TheChaos

I'd hype it more if I wasn't exremely cynical about release dates. I just know that the game will be pushed back. I've learned my lesson from Grey Matter. How many times has that game been delayed? 6? 7?

neight

Banned
crowphoenix said:
I have been hyped for this game since I saw pictures for it about 6 months ago. It is the reason I'm getting a new computer.
lol adventure games have never needed upgrades to run. I think the standard locked res for them is still 800x600 or 1024x768.

zoku88

neight said:
lol adventure games have never needed upgrades to run. I think the standard locked res for them is still 800x600 or 1024x768.
That's like jpn ADV games >.>

I think more of the recent ones allow resolutions up to 1920x1200, at least, Sam and Max does.

Tr4nce

I love this thread and this game. I didn't know that it was slated for an October 30th release though. I thought it was delayed until next year. I will definitely get this. I owe it to myself, because deep inside adventure games are still my favorite genre. For all you adventure game fans, please also check out 'The Whispered World'. It looks amazing, a style similar to Monkey Island 3. Fuck, I love adventure games.

tww_screenshot_009.jpg

Top Bottom