• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Vampyre Story

zoku88

Dragona Akehi said:
What kind of setup will you need for this... thinking of bootcamping my iMac to play it. It's so beautiful.
You could prolly run it just fine. Adventure games aren't known to be very resource intensive, afterall...

zoku88

Dragona Akehi said:
It's an oooolllld iMac though, with a Core Duo instead of a Core 2 Duo.
I'm sure it's fine. It has like an ATI x1600 right?

I mean, it's not like the processor speed is going to impact the game that much, anyway.

zoku88 said:
I'm sure it's fine. It has like an ATI x1600 right?

I mean, it's not like the processor speed is going to impact the game that much, anyway.

Yeah a Radeonx1600.

I do have 2GB of RAM though, if that helps. :p

Dragona: It's just 2D backgrounds with 3D characters. I'd have to question their programming team's abilities if they couldn't get that to run swimmingly on very old hardware.

X1600s aren't really that old either. I'd imagine you'll be more than okay.

Ogni-XR21

The german publisher is still trying for the October release date, but I guess it will be delayed. Well I've been waiting years for this so I don't mind a few weeks extra.

I don't think the system requirements will be as demanding as some of you are making it out to be. Only the characters are 3D and this game has been in development for a long time.

Metal Gear?! said:
I don't think the system requirements will be as demanding as some of you are making it out to be. Only the characters are 3D and this game has been in development for a long time.

Hey, just making sure. I guess now I have to finally get Leopard...

border

I hope the game does well, whenever it comes out.

To me this is one of those things that people get hyped about at first. Then it actually arrives and they're looking at paying $30 for an "outdated" adventure game. Then they either pass on it or decide they are better off visiting their friendly neighborhood torrent site.

Ogni-XR21

I actually ordered 2, 1 special edition for me and a regular version for my brother (a late birthday present). I really hope it does well since they are planning on doing a triology.

TheChaos

border said:
I hope the game does well, whenever it comes out.

To me this is one of those things that people get hyped about at first. Then it actually arrives and they're looking at paying $30 for an "outdated" adventure game. Then they either pass on it or decide they are better off visiting their friendly neighborhood torrent site.

I'm sure failing to release the games during the promised date hurts the hype as well.

Ogni-XR21

YES!!! Amazon.de has German and English voices listed for this game! So psyched about this YAY!!!

November 17th can't come soon enough!

Edit: I honestly don't know for sure what's special about the special edition, Amazon has this picture:
51724-co9%2BL._SS400_.jpg

Kind of looks like figures of Mona and Forderic, and if I read that correctly it says something about a "Castle Puzzle" on the back of the box...

CTLance

According to the amazon.de page the Special edition contains the game DVD, Mona de Lafitte & Froderick figurines, a "Gruzzle-Puzzle" (77 pcs), and a Postcard ("Undead greetings from Draxsylvania").

I had mine in pre-order. But different sites give different releases dates: 17th, 20th, 30th November. Who knows when it would be released....

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I feel like I'm obligated to buy this game just to support the developer. I'm just in love with the idea of Monkey Island vets still making adventure games. Between this and The Whispered World the genre is not dead, it's undead.

itxaka

Defeatist
Tr4nce said:
I love this thread and this game. I didn't know that it was slated for an October 30th release though. I thought it was delayed until next year. I will definitely get this. I owe it to myself, because deep inside adventure games are still my favorite genre. For all you adventure game fans, please also check out 'The Whispered World'. It looks amazing, a style similar to Monkey Island 3. Fuck, I love adventure games.

[G]http://www.the-whispered-world.com/bilder/screenshots/tww_screenshot_009.jpg[/IMG]

Oh wow. Is that out already? Any direct download sites that sell it?

Edit:
Meh, just found out is not out but it will probably be on steam by some post on their forums.

I need a game fix for an old computer. Anyone has a recommendation? My preference are graphic adventures.

MidiSurf

Banned
When will it be out ? I really wan't this game, new trailer was awesome.

Oh wow. Is that out already? Any direct download sites that sell it?

Not out yet. I don't even know if these guys have publisher.

MidiSurf

Banned
itxaka said:
I need a game fix for an old computer. Anyone has a recommendation? My preference are graphic adventures.

So Blonde was actually pretty decent game and Jack Keane was fun. If you are looking for darker adventure games then try overclocked history of violence. Not great as 90's games but still fun to play.

So Blonde
34qjpnc.jpg

Jack Keane
2nm21ia.jpg

History of Violence

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This game was delayed so many times, that I kept losing track of it. I can't believe it's being released so soon. It will be mine the moment I can order it from somewhere.

itxaka

Defeatist
MidiSurf said:
So Blonde was actually pretty decent game and Jack Keane was fun. If you are looking for darker adventure games then try overclocked history of violence. Not great as 90's games but still fun to play.

So Blonde
http://i37.tinypic.com/34qjpnc.jpg[/img]

Jack Keane
http://i35.tinypic.com/2nm21ia.jpg[/img]

History of Violence
http://i36.tinypic.com/ddgsjm.jpg[/img]

I had to return So Blonde because My integrated Graphic card didn't show the main character :/ You could play normally but you never knew where the ¿girl? was.

Jack keane looks nice, I thinks it's 19,99€ around here.

And no way History of Violence is gonna run on my crappy laptop. It looks too nice for it.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on Jack Keane this week :)

Ogni-XR21

Just an update on that pic for the special edition (since that first pic I posted was just a placeholder and the Mona figure looked pretty ugly)

51MA6ZW0UlL._SS400_.jpg

Really can't wait, only a few days left.

apoc_reg

Neo Member
Just started playing Vampyre and its not bad, brings back the nostalgia of my youth playing lucasarts games... wish they still made them

On a related note i recently played though a fan made Broken Sword game 'Broken Sword 2.5'. It really feels like a proper revolution software broken sword, its great!

Voices are in German only unfortunately but it has English text and id advice any adventure fan to check it out. Its free!

zoku88

I kinda forgot about this game so I never bought it >.>

Jw, Dragona: did you ever buy this? Were you able to run it?

I would hate it you had bought this but couldn't run it, especially since I totally said it wouldn't be hard to run >.>

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
MidiSurf said:
So Blonde was actually pretty decent game

So Blonde
34qjpnc.jpg

Oh my GAWD, is this a novelty pirate-themed resort? HELLOOOOoooo Mr Pirate Man do you not have cell-phone reception here? Gosh, where are the ATM machines, I need to draw out some cash from Daddy's credit card.

Sleeker

These types of adventure games are many classes above a lot of the stuff that hits consoles these days.

I loved the MI and Indiana Jones 2D games

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Imo, So Blonde is every bit as good as most of the adventure games from the 90's. It's the first game since Grim Fandango that made me feel that I wasn't playing some cheap nostalgia-driven budget adventure game.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
StarEye said:
Imo, So Blonde is every bit as good as most of the adventure games from the 90's. It's the first game since Grim Fandango that made me feel that I wasn't playing some cheap nostalgia-driven budget adventure game.

Do you remember throwing a CORK at a CANNON BALL to make it move

DO YOU REMEMBER THAT

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
There were stupid puzzles in great games back then too. Banana + metronome = hypnotized monkey = monkeywrench? And that puzzle isn't even half-bad. Played Gabriel Knight 3? Discworld?

MidiSurf said:

History of Violence

*Runs off to local gamestore*

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Oh rad, all the backgrounds are just PNG files in the game's folder.

BODlayer02.png

I need to reinstall this game, but I have a feeling that I accidently forgot to carry over the savegame to my new HDD. Fuck.

Short and not great. Not bad but not that good either if you ask me. The humor is not that good but the puzzles are quite ok. Get it cheap and you will not be disapointed.

Top Bottom