• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Very Frosty, Expensive Game Boy.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Artist Daniel Arsham, who in 2018 quietly collaborated on one of the sneakers of the year, often makes and sells very expensive, very sought-after stuff on his personal site. Loads of them are from his “future relic” series, where everyday pieces of tech and pop culture are reimagined as archaeological remains, and the next one is the Game Boy.

Many of his previous future relics have sold for $500 retail and then thousands at resale, so this is a little more exclusive than your average Nintendo collectable, even if the crystal effect is just for show (it’s actually made of resin). Whether it’s worth that much to you is up to, well, you.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Would rather spend my money else where but I'm sure there's a market for this stuff.

Cravis

$500 will get you this or (potentially) a next gen system. Which is the more logical and sane decision? 🤔

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
This feels like it's aimed squarely at hipsters who don't actually play games, but want to feel like they're part of something.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
giphy.gif

Kamina

Golden Boy
No thanks, i have a real working one at home. And even of i didnt, i know better things to do with 500 bucks.

fatty

My price where I would buy it is (sliding that decimal over):

$500.00 > $50.00 > $5.00

Come to think about it, $5 for that or a Popeyes Chickens sandwich...eh, just give me the sandwich.

Roxkis_ii

"Many of his previous future relics have sold for $500 retail and then thousands at resale"

While Ill agree with most in saying this isn't something I'd add to my own personal art collection, there is a market for this "art", so if I had the disposable 500, I might had considered grabbing one for resale.

Stuff like this is probably how a lot of people make extra funds on the side.

baphomet

A week later and they're already selling for $2,000+

Hold onto it for a few years and you're looking at 5 figures.

Top Bottom