• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Wii wish-list

Setanta

What (potentially massive) games do you feel Nintendo or Wii affiliated publishers should release this year, that isn't 'usually the norm' anymore for Nintendo consoles? Announced previously or otherwise.
The Wii was supposed to be about breaking barriers and Nintendo only have to pursue with a little more vigour to get releases that would work well (or better) on the Wii. Great to see Manhunt 2 announced maybe it's a start of something big?

My list? well It would start with:
Guitar Hero 2/3
Kid Icarus
Wii Karaoke (Singstar beater?)
GTAIV
Star Wars (come on Lucasarts!!?)
Donkey Kong platformer
Nights

Game-Biz

Setanta said:
Donkey Kong platformer
Yes. Yes. And in 2d, AKA Donkey Country style. I would absolutely love to see another Donkey Country. Obvously Rare can't make the game (I actually wouldn't want them to at this point), but the Donkey Kong Jungle Beat crew would be able to pull it off....

Alas, this will never happen. :(

sphinx

the piano man
Setanta said:
What (potentially massive) games do you feel Nintendo or Wii affiliated publishers should release this year, that isn't 'usually the norm' anymore for Nintendo consoles? Announced previously or otherwise.
The Wii was supposed to be about breaking barriers and Nintendo only have to pursue with a little more vigour to get releases that would work well (or better) on the Wii. Great to see Manhunt 2 announced maybe it's a start of something big?

My list? well It would start with:
Guitar Hero 2/3
Kid Icarus
Wii Karaoke (Singstar beater?)
GTAIV
Star Wars (come on Lucasarts!!?)
Donkey Kong platformer
Nights

Indeed! nintendo just needs to ask capcom to use the cancelled Dead Phoenix game engine and woohoo! we are all set, yes.

On other things, I think GTA4 is one of the very few games that could potentially become a 3way multiplatform title.

GTA san andreas is really very bad looking and rockstar doesn't seem to care that much about the looks of the game, anyway. So a ps3/360/wii multiplaform GTA is possible.

Krowley

Spore is a perfect fit for the wii.. They should be able to port it over without changing the gameplay very much at all.

And i want a good competitive online FPS game from some well known franchise. A quake game, or an unreal game, or half-life with counterstrike.. Tribes... Something.... A game with good deathmatch and stat tracking and all the bells and whistles.

Setanta

Archie said:
I would appreciate Ogre Battle 64 on the VC.

I forgot about the Ogre Battle series...whatever became of it?

Oh I failed to mention Earthbound/Mother, get on with this Nintendo!!! A 3d-(N64DD type update) Earthbound would go down a treat, AFTER they release Mother3 on GBA that is.

EDIT: And Spore is an absolute perfect fit if there ever was one! Along with Okami.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
In addition to OP:

Sin and Punishment 2
2.5D Castlevania
Overhead Contra: Use nunchuck to move & Wiimote to aim.
After Burner Climax w/tilt controls ala War Hawk or Lair
Star Fox w/tilt controls ala War Hawk or Lair
MGS3 Wiimake
RE4 Wiimake
Burnout Dominator
Tomb Raider Anniversary

Setanta

Grecco said:
Id rather see Rockstar do Body Harvest 2 instead of a GTA Spinoff/port

LOVED Body Harvest on the N64 which like you added was developed by Rockstar (DMA design)
Also from the same team at Rockstar/DMA- Silicon Valley! Now there is a sleeper. And I have to agree with a Sin and Punishment game of some sorts, again after they get their acts together with SaP for the VC.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
(sorry is this missed the point of this thread)

I dont have any interest in these sequels or rival genres (cept stuff like Kid Icarus). Why would Singstars lose out to a Wii version which has poor Friends and online functionality in comparison? Not to mention built in video recording with eyetoy and the whole shop and community emphasis. Its practically Sony's flagship online title. This misses the point of Wii.

I want to see new types of gameplay. a phoenix wright or hotel dusk type detective game where I have to use the remote in new ways to solve clues or search a crime scene. They have the potential to break away from the whole "cursor on screen, use it to manipulate objects" barrier.

An Ouendan/rhythm Tengoku type music game which does things we haven't seen before.

Pokemon Snap 2/photography game

I'm not sure if its a good idea or not...but Track and Field Wii edition......

Blablurn

Hmm, I wish there were games on wii. (joking).

Id like to see

SpaceChannel 5

Golden Axe Warrior 2 (Zelda-clone with story)

kaizoku

MadOdorMachine said:
In addition to OP:

Sin and Punishment 2
After Burner Climax w/tilt controls ala War Hawk or Lair
Star Fox w/tilt controls ala War Hawk or Lair

RE4 Wiimake

Hell yes for the shooters - but whats with this fascination with sideways tilt controls for flying? I find it much more fun using analogue sticks to fly a plane than I do tilting. Analogue sticks more closely resemble the sticks in a fighter jet or something - I wouldnt mind a game where you held the wiimote as if it was a control stick.

tilt should mimic steering wheel in driving games and other forms of controls - not the actual vehicle.

dkeane

I'd like Drum Hero.

And for SNK do make a new NAMM75, or redo the original. (I could never beat the last boss)

Vargas

sphinx said:
On other things, I think GTA4 is one of the very few games that could potentially become a 3way multiplatform title.

GTA san andreas is really very bad looking and rockstar doesn't seem to care that much about the looks of the game, anyway. So a ps3/360/wii multiplaform GTA is possible.

So you think that GTA4 will look no better than a PS2 game?

SumGamer

RE UC
Animal Crossing
MySims(Hell yes!!)

and something that's built with Wii as a target not some multiplatform game with remote interface slap on top.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
Bildi said:
How about a sandbox game that actually takes place in a gigantic sandbox?

lol, it is funny when you refer to things
(read: idiotic ideas just expressed a moment ago)
that already happen.

My wishlist:
Star Wars light saber game (duh)
Mario Paint (with the ability to make 3-D models)
Knife Age: kill your enemies in days!
Indiana Jones game (with awesome wiipping)

Deku

Banned
kaizoku said:
Hell yes for the shooters - but whats with this fascination with sideways tilt controls for flying? I find it much more fun using analogue sticks to fly a plane than I do tilting. Analogue sticks more closely resemble the sticks in a fighter jet or something - I wouldnt mind a game where you held the wiimote as if it was a control stick.

tilt should mimic steering wheel in driving games and other forms of controls - not the actual vehicle.

A nunchuck, wiimote combo for a flying game could be awesome. After Zelda i'm pretty much convinced its very good control mechanism for more traditional games on Wii.

thefro

Skies of Arcadia II (Rieko Kodama and the rest of the creative team from the 1st + Level 5)
Icarus
NiGHTS sequel
Genius Sorority or Bonnie Brown non-Pokemon original RPG IP (with some code grunts doing the work)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Game-Biz said:
Yes. Yes. And in 2d, AKA Donkey Country style. I would absolutely love to see another Donkey Country. Obvously Rare can't make the game (I actually wouldn't want them to at this point), but the Donkey Kong Jungle Beat crew would be able to pull it off....

Alas, this will never happen. :(

QFT. But I'd like one for the Wii. No drums plz.

And Mario Galaxy to be ****ing awesome, with hopefully some neat items.

Jiggy

Mushroom Kingdom Hearts, or some other first-party fantasy RPG that isn't Pokemon or Fire Emblem (as much as I love both).

Elite Beat Agents Wii.

Kirby Super Star 2.

Dragon Force 3.

Dragon Quest X.

kaizoku

Brushing aside the Wii stuff, I wanna see more Nintendo things.

Remember when Zelda didn't hold your hand? When you were just dumped in some weird world be it Mario or Zelda with absolutely nothing? Everything you could do in those old NES games - you did because you wanted to. and the genius of Nintendo was - they tried it before you and left you a little present.

See a crack in the wall? you try to find out what it is. Jump onto the top of the screen and run to the end? Warp pipes baby! Those games were built around basic human instinct and curiousity and its something Nintendo have not done for a long time.

That feeling of wandering around as a kid and chancing upon a strange place which you want to explore just for the sake of it. I want a game like that again.

EDIT: JUMP SUPER STARS RPG

YourMaster

DMC4
2D Metroid
Alien versus predator 3

New incarnations of old Bullfrog games, an all new Dungeon Keeper, Theme Hospital or Populus, you name it.

MDK3

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
kaizoku said:

Holding the Wiimote in a vertical position doesn't give access to the buttons. Flying games and pointing games seem more suited for Wii than any other genre imo. I suppose you could use the nunchuck to steer and the Wiimote to aim, but the ship would need turrets. Holding the Wiimote horizontally just seems like the logical choice to me.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I want Whack-A-Mole but with gore on par with Gears of War.

And no more videos of people playing Wii games. YouTube will have plenty.

Top Bottom