• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aa Mujou Setsuna - 2D bullet-hell shooter for DSiWare by Arika

Yes Boss!

Wow,

This thread has been up for a few days? Can't believe I missed it. This is super neat that it is published by Nintendo. This will surely come to the US.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Cool, another game I want to spend money on that I'll probably never be allowed to (right Raiden Fighter Aces and CAVE's 360 stuff?).
Well thanks op, now I'm pissed.

Yes Boss!

So,

I usually pick up my J-DSware games whenever but I want to get this one as soon as it goes up. Question: when do these usually go up japan-time on wednesday?

Netto-kun

Yes Boss! said:
So,

I usually pick up my J-DSware games whenever but I want to get this one as soon as it goes up. Question: when do these usually go up japan-time on wednesday?
It's usually every Wednesday, Japanese time.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
1: Is this touch screen controlled or Dpad (or can you choose either)?
2: Holy crap the hit box is tiny... So often it looked like they were going through the bullets instead of dodging them.
3: Not that I hate high score modes, I'd just prefer full levels and bosses. If I have a DSi when (if) this comes to the US, I'll definitely get it. I doubt it'll make me buy a DSi though. Now if there is a lot more DSi-ware shooters... That'd make me get a DSi.

Netto-kun

Yes Boss! said:
Hour? It is 7pm tuesday night...do they go up sometime in the morning?
No idea about the hour. New DSiWare titles are usually available whenever I wake up in the morning (GMT+1). At least with Japanese VC/WW, new games are up during early afternoon 12~2 pm Japanese time.

Slowly pushing me towards a DSi. If I'm getting one, it was always gonna be a Japanese one, so the more this sort of stuff keeps coming, the closer I get to buying one.

Downloaded it on the way back from work tonight.

I like it, basically it's somewhat similar to Ketsui DS in that bombing is essential to scoring well, but sort of pasted over a Dodonpachi chaining system.
I definitely see what EOJ was saying about the better D-pad on the DSi.

Hope there's a bunch of unlocks though.

Yes Boss!

adversesolutions said:
Downloaded it on the way back from work tonight.

I like it, basically it's somewhat similar to Ketsui DS in that bombing is essential to scoring well, but sort of pasted over a Dodonpachi chaining system.
I definitely see what EOJ was saying about the better D-pad on the DSi.

Hope there's a bunch of unlocks though.

Yeah, put an hour in to it last night. A lot like Ketsui DS (even the menus, what not). There was a new menu that unlocked for me...nothing special so far, just some options, but there is a lot of empty space on the menu screen like Ketsui DS. And the online leaderboards and top-ten replay download is pretty slick for a little portable $5 game.

VAIL said:
Bullet-hell ruined shooters for me

I concur.

Bullet hell skews directly toward the hardcore market and never looks back.

There was a time when I enjoyed shmups; but being forced into a corner by a maze of bullets is not my idea of fun. :\

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Has japan still not started doing point cards for DSi? I can only find Wii point cards online...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
thetrin said:
Has japan still not started doing point cards for DSi? I can only find Wii point cards online...

It must suck to have to import Japanese point cards to Hell, Arizona every time you want to buy a game :/

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
The Take Out Bandit said:
I concur.

Bullet hell skews directly toward the hardcore market and never looks back.

There was a time when I enjoyed shmups; but being forced into a corner by a maze of bullets is not my idea of fun. :\
As someone else has said, I find bullet hells way easier than "normal" shmups like gradius. Huge hitboxes, lethal backgrounds, slow speeds... they're harder.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
sprsk said:
Nintendo cards work for both.
I thought that was the case, but I'm on Play Asia, and they only list Wii specific point cards. Apparently there aren't Nintendo point cards in Japan?

Stumpokapow said:
It must suck to have to import Japanese point cards to Hell, Arizona every time you want to buy a game :/

I live in Colorado, one of the most beautiful states in the union. I have no regrets. ;)

Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, put an hour in to it last night. A lot like Ketsui DS (even the menus, what not). There was a new menu that unlocked for me...nothing special so far, just some options, but there is a lot of empty space on the menu screen like Ketsui DS. And the online leaderboards and top-ten replay download is pretty slick for a little portable $5 game.

Wonder how you unlock stuff...

How are you scoring? Have only managed 92 mil with the A type so far. B Type is obviously way higher scoring especially on bosses.

Nice, looks awesome - I spent so many hours playing Ketsui DS, i'd love to play this. What are the chances of it coming to the US/EU? I wasn't even contemplating a DSi until I saw this, i'd prefer not to have to import a JP unit.

Bootaaay said:
Nice, looks awesome - I spent so many hours playing Ketsui DS, i'd love to play this. What are the chances of it coming to the US/EU? I wasn't even contemplating a DSi until I saw this, i'd prefer not to have to import a JP unit.

You know what, let's ask Mihara...

brb

adversesolutions said:
You know what, let's ask Mihara...

brb

Eh, where's a rolling eyes smiley when you need one/don't have anything useful to say, don't bother/contrary to popular belief, sarcasm is super helpful etc - I don't know jack about the DSi and someone above mentioned that this is published by Nintendo and that all the DSiware games they've published so far have been localised, anyways I was just asking, no need to get all sarcy :p

Bootaaay said:
Eh, where's a rolling eyes smiley when you need one/don't have anything useful to say, don't bother/contrary to popular belief, sarcasm is super helpful etc - I don't know jack about the DSi and someone above mentioned that this is published by Nintendo and that all the DSiware games they've published so far have been localised, anyways I was just asking, no need to get all sarcy :p

Ah, nah man I literally went and left a question on his blog so hopefully he'll reply there.

Well I don't think this game has any unlocks. Unless you get something for beating B type or the random modes, which I haven't done yet.

Fucking b-type is hard...dunno how I'm gonna make it to Phase 8 if I keep getting sniped by the little red popcorns.

i like this game!

it is absurdly easy in the standard modes, though, and i'm not even a big shmup guy. your ship's hitbox is like two pixels big. that's actually the way i like it, mind; makes it fun as a high score game.

simtmb

I'm really stoked for this one. Can't wait till it comes out so i can whip out my DSi again. Things getting a bit dusty despite an extremely healthy game buildup im making for it :lol Sadly when this comes, might be the only game that gets played :D

adversesolutions said:
Apparently this game is coming out in Australia?!

http://aussie-nintendo.com/news/21499/

Ausome news, hope it makes it to other territories. Excellent game.

On it ASAP, too good.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
345triangle said:
yeah DSiware sure is saturated with those

There ARE more platforms than the DSi, you know? Maybe you've heard of them? I was referring to the fact that pretty much every new shooter that comes out nowadays is a bullet hell type.

looks cute, but too much bullet canceling.. if you watch the vids you'll notice the player almost never has to actually dodge anything

cave's most recent titles suffer from this as well..

Baron

Damn you Europe! At least this is coming out here in the US in a week or two. Very much looking forward to it.

Top Bottom