• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Greenberg on NextBox: E3 is all about the games, "tons of exclusives"

Really? I thought there was a new PGR for launch?

With all the talent Turn 10 have been hiring past 18 months for a next gen racing game and they took a break last year to give it to Playground Games while they work on a next gen version, the signs are obvious. They'll show it in some form at the event/E3 and it will probably be a launch window title. Remedy might show something too maybe Alan Wake 2, as they've been too quiet since finishing AW and they keep teasing about a sequel. Apart from that the rest will be your standard shooters and Kinect rubbish.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I don't know it that I'm working on the games in any way... But i know it in that multiple friends in the industry all have told me it. So i believe it.

And for the record I posted about knack and Cerny before the night that everyone learned about knack and Cerny.

what do you know about PGR.

Mrbob

I don't know it that I'm working on the games in any way... But i know it in that multiple friends in the industry all have told me it. So i believe it.

And for the record I posted about knack and Cerny before the night that everyone learned about knack and Cerny.

It's going to be tears time for those who only want to buy one next gen console. Strangely, I think we'll be seeing battle lines being drawn at E3. Which *is* weird because the Next Xbox and PS4 hardware seem to be close in design.

I can tell ya some more I know since our conversation here seems to be invisible.

Hawken, Dead Rising 3, and League of Legends (console exclusivity, obviously)

Those are exclusive to Durango? Not really interested in either of them, thankfully ("Thankfully" because I still worry whether MS has matched specs or not).

Satchel

Banned
Their recent software output? It's all me too sequel games. Sony is pushing two huge new IPs for the PS3 themselves.

I'm not saying there won't be cool stuff at the Xbox reveal. I'm saying I'll be surprised if it is MS themselves pushing the limit. There better not be another Forza at the reveal. Create a new franchise.

So the metric is that pushing boundaries only counts at certain times?

I'd say trying or remove the controller as an int method is pushing boundaries isn't it? Yeah, a lot of it wasn't good, but its still trying to house boundaries is it not?

Plus there was a fair amount of output at the start of the gen.

StuBurns

Banned
With all the talent Turn 10 have been hiring past 18 months for a next gen racing game and they took a break last year to give it to Playground Games while they work on a next gen version, the signs are obvious. They'll show it in some form at the event/E3 and it will probably be a launch window title. Remedy might show something too maybe Alan Wake 2, as they've been too quiet since finishing AW and they keep teasing about a sequel. Apart from that the rest will be your standard shooters and Kinect rubbish.
They 'took a break'? They were on a two year cycle all generation, they didn't take a break.

Wonder how much of it is moneyhat and how much first party, and as others say how much is timed exclusive. No one would be shocked with a cod timed exclusive maps again or exclusive mode. That exclusive from those ex cod people will be the big one for them.

Gemüsepizza;58004100 said:
Those are exclusive to Durango? Not really interested in either of them, thankfully ("Thankfully" because I still worry if MS has matched specs).

Yeah, infinity exclusives. I'm not interested in them either but they are pretty nice gets.

Mrbob

So the metric is that pushing boundaries only counts at certain times?

I'd say trying or remove the controller as an int method is pushing boundaries isn't it? Yeah, a lot of it wasn't good, but its still trying to house boundaries is it not?

Plus there was a fair amount of output at the start of the gen.

My metric is I don't count terrible gimmicks.

I like to play games.

You can count Kinect if you want. I try to forget it exists.

Yeah, infinity exclusives. I'm not interested in them either but they are pretty nice gets.

I'm heavily interested in a console exclusive Hawken.

I'd spend alot of my time playing LoL if it were console friendly too.

Here's hoping.

Any other interesting rumours you can share? Not so much as a "can you give insider info" as it is - "have you got anything to keep me interested until May 21st" type of question.

It's going to be tears time for those who only want to buy one next gen console. Strangely, I think we'll be seeing battle lines being drawn at E3. Which *is* weird because the Next Xbox and PS4 hardware seem to be close in design.

I would love to not buy an Infinity. Looks like that's not going to be an option. MS is going after exclusives hard.

Sony is working on a couple but they don't have the money to toss around like MS does.

iavi

Sounds like MS is throwing that money around at the beginning of a gen again, if this all to be believed.

MS exclusives also make it to PC, so I'm cool with this.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What's Hawken? I could believe DR3 timed exclusive. It's definitely at MS' conf imo, but dunno anything about exclusive.

And I've never played league of legends lol

I can't imagine you'd buy a console to play that?

StuBurns

Banned
They took a break releasing a Forza game last year as in they would have done Horizon themselves if they weren't busy working on a next gen Forza.
I can't imagine why you believe they would have made Horizon themselves. And of course they're making a next-gen Forza, I just don't think they show it yet if they have another racer for launch.
What's Hawken?
It's a mech game.

Any other interesting rumours you can share? Not so much as a "can you give insider info" as it is - "have you got anything to keep me interested until May 21st" type of question.

Nothing is set in stone yet but i've heard a bunch that the $300+$15*24 months and $500 is the price.

Otherwise I'm just as excited about the 25th as anyone else. I don't know if there's been a spec bump or what media deals they've made and I assume there will be more exclusives. Kinda bummed that the game talk isn't until e3.

If they were smart they would have insomniac on stage on the 25th before fuse comes out and bombs hard.

Courage

what's league of legends? someone post some screens

League-of-Legends1.jpg

VALIS

There was a League of Legends Xbox rumour posted on GAF not long ago iirc, seems pretty dumb really, does anybody really want that on a console?

Most people thought the same about Minecraft (including me) and it sold about 14 trillion copies on 360 to date, give or take a trillion.

Izick

I've always wanted to try Lo (I have a crappy laptop that runs Linux), so that would be cool. I'm not sure how I feel about Hawken. A new Dead Rising is always something I'm down to play. Those all sound pretty cool. Not sure how reliable the poster who spread this rumor is though.

"Blah blah blah blah blah. Thank you."

*Lights dim. Halo's theme plays. The big screen displays a "5"*

I'm confident that will happen either at the announcement or at E3.

I'm pretty sure some kind of teaser for Halo 5 will appear at one of these events. For Gears it's too soon after Judgement which had a lukewarm reception to begin with so they want Gears games to be forgotten about for a bit as it'll simply be overkill at this point, especially with two more DLC packs coming out for Judgement still.

Halo 4 is completely done with including its DLC so it would make sense for them to announce the next one fairly soon, especially if they've set it out as a trilogy from the beginning.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Nothing is set in stone yet but i've heard a bunch that the $300+$15*24 months and $500 is the price.

Otherwise I'm just as excited about the 25th as anyone else. I don't know if there's been a spec bump or what media deals they've made and I assume there will be more exclusives. Kinda bummed that the game talk isn't until e3.

If they were smart they would have insomniac on stage on the 25th before fuse comes out and bombs hard.

Insomniac is burning through publishers so I think Microsoft is a safe bet next. Maybe they could make something derivative enough to blow up. Dunno.

Minecraft was mostly sold to an existing userbase. I doubt many were buying 360's to play minecraft. Which is his point about LoL.

What's Hawken? I could believe DR3 timed exclusive. It's definitely at MS' conf imo, but dunno anything about exclusive.

Yea true, lol seems not to be too demanding on pc and is free. Still it is wildly popular and many don't like to play on pc.

Who knows... people buy 360's for minecraft.

edit - badly beaten

They're not really similar type of games though are they? LoL is competitive multiplayer, Minecraft is kinda chill build some shit type thing, right?

Mrbob

If MS is going to do more sequels, give me a sequel to Crackdown. That will get them in my good grace again.

Unless Sucker Punch screw something up I'll be buying a PS4 just for Infamous Second Son. Loved the first two games.

edeo

All of MS' exclusives would probably bore me to tears if they continue the trend of current gen.

Kinect games, boring FPS games, racing games, Gears of War....yaaaaaawn.

StuBurns

Banned
They're not really similar type of games though are they? LoL is competitive multiplayer, Minecraft is kinda chill build some shit type thing, right?
True, but it's a big brand, it's a nice get, even if it's ultimately not a great version of the game.

Those three all seem like the kind of thing MS would be going after I think.

Satchel

Banned
All of MS' exclusives would probably bore me to tears if they continue the trend of current gen.

Kinect games, boring FPS games, racing games, Gears of War....yaaaaaawn.

As opposed to Move games, Resisntance/Killzone, GT and Uncharted?

Any yawning there?

Top Bottom