• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ABZÛ possibly coming to Xbox One in November? (GameStop)

RexNovis

Banned
Yep I believe we already had a thread about it but I could be mistaken. I hope plenty of Xbox gamers pick it up. Its a gorgeous game. Pretty awe inspiring swimming around and seeing all the fish moving about and dynamically reacting to your presence.

Finishing up my playthrough of Abzu shortly. I hope anyone who has the opportunity to play this, does. An extremely chill, but still handcrafted and guided experience.

Tagg9

I definitely feel like Abzu is the type of artsy game that plays better with the PlayStation crowd. However, I'm sure there's a large enough audience on XB1 to make it worthwhile for the developers.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I definitely feel like Abzu is the type of artsy game that plays better with the PlayStation crowd. However, I'm sure there's a large enough audience on XB1 to make it worthwhile for the developers.

In all fairness, Braid, Limbo, Inside, Bastion prove that point a little bit wrong.

my wife and I were wondering if we got the wrong console after all since we really want this along with The Witness and No Man's Sky. Hoping this comes over soon!

Tagg9

In all fairness, Braid, Limbo, Inside, Bastion prove that point a little bit wrong.

Honestly I wouldn't compare any of those games to Abzu. They are much more gameplay-centric, as opposed to Abzu which is more of an "experience" (and can probably best be lumped into the walking simulator category). You'll find many more games that fit this criteria on PlayStation (Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Firewatch, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, etc.).

But apologies as this is getting off-topic. I think games like Abzu fill a definite hole in the market, and wish Giant Squad success on all platforms.

Wouldn't be surprised, as it was obviously a timed exclusive only (and it's published by 505 Games). It's a great game, and more people should get the chance to experience it. Also, with examples like this and Inside I'm glad the duration on these timed exclusives is getting shorter.

LewieP

Unless a game is explicitly referred to as being a proper exclusive, it's safe to assume it will come to other platforms later.

And in Microsoft's case, even when they do refer to a game as a proper exclusive it might still end up on PS4.

SOR5

Man what won best art direction at those 2015 game awards?

fmpGT.gif

Top Bottom