• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC: Rogue, Borderlands 2, KOF 2002 UM and more are now BC on XB1

jbug617

Banned
@majornelson: Gyromancer, Moon Diver and Space Invaders Infinity Gene are coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility today http://mjr.mn/BackCompat
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/834810174145708032
@majornelson: The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match and Assassin's Creed Rogue are coming to Xbox One Back Compat today http://mjr.mn/BackCompat
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/834810310502522883
@majornelson: Also, Borderlands 2 is coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility today and will be FREE with March #GamesWithGold http://mjr.mn/BackCompat
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/834810558947930112

Caayn

AC Rogue? Good news. I've been wanting to pick it up. Only console AC game that I haven't yet played due to the release timing.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Better than I expected,
but still not Daytona
or Virtual On
or Space Channel 5 pt2
or Virtua Fighter 2

but better than I expected.

So does that mean all the SNK downloadble games are now backwards-compatible?

KOF 98 Ultimate Match
KOF 2002 Unlimited Match
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug XX
Neogeo Battle Collisueum
Samurai Shodown II

Not owning a XB, is it possible to put a 360 dis of those games inside or does this means it's available in an online store to buy?

$30 digital for AC Rogue on Xbox.. meh. $60 from Gamestop!

Guess I'll just go find a disk.

Anyone know if the "limited edition" is worth it?

Caayn

Not owning a XB, is it possible to put a 360 dis of those games inside or does this means it's available in an online store to buy?
There are three possible scenarios:

1. You own the game physically: The disc is your license to the XB1 BC version.
  2. You own the game digitally (bought it digitally on the 360 for example): The game will automatically appear in your library on the XB1.
  3. You don't own the game: You can buy a digital copy (in most cases) on the XBL marketplace or you can buy a new/used physical copy. And it'll work on both the 360 and XB1.

shandy706

$30 digital for AC Rogue on Xbox.. meh. $60 from Gamestop!

Guess I'll just go find a disk.

Anyone know if the "limited edition" is worth it?

It's $10-$15 on ebay. $20 used at Gamestop.

Was going to buy for $10 on ebay, then saw I can get it for $6 for PC. Haha....now I'm just in limbo again.

Is assassins creed rogue actually worth playing or just surprisingly good considering how the series has gone?

Canadian Best Buy down the street from me has a bunch of copies for $7.97 but I'm still on the fence about if I'll ever even put it in.

Bizzquik

Is assassins creed rogue actually worth playing or just surprisingly good considering how the series has gone?

Its AC4: Black Flag but with a less likable lead and a fascinating inversion of the usual AC character arc. (good guy realizing he doesn't want to be an Assassin - instead of the typical character journey of finding out about their existence and then immediately joining up with them.)

Gameplay-wise, its almost literally cut-and-paste of AC4. There are some nice improvements made to the naval control scheme and there are *some* new areas to explore....but its more like an AC4 Expansion than a full game. Its also a very short campaign with little incentive to collect all the meaningless AC collectibles that dot the far-off landmasses.

I enjoyed it for what it was. If you loved AC4, you will at least enjoy Rogue. Definitely worth it if you like the series' lore and want to hear more about the Templar's point of view.

Hellraider

Another excellent batch. I really hope they keep at it and don't slow down at all. Imagine if when all is said and done XB1 manages to get a near perfect 360 compatibility...

mclem

Looking forward to the analysis of AC:Rogue, I'm dimly aware the PS3 version has a slight edge over the 360, but that might be redressed on One.

Wait, I'm really thrown off here. I've played all the Assassins Creed games, currently playing through Syndicate.

What the hell is Assassins Creed Rogue and how the hell have I never heard of it? When did it come out?

Theorry

Wait, I'm really thrown off here. I've played all the Assassins Creed games, currently playing through Syndicate.

What the hell is Assassins Creed Rogue and how the hell have I never heard of it? When did it come out?

2014. Was last gen title only when new gen got Unity.

Akai__

Rogue and Unity came out at the same time. Unity was this gen only and Rogue was last gen only. It was a pretty stupid move, tbh.

2014. Was last gen title only when new gen got Unity.

Ok, I was reading up on it. It was released around the time I had completely stopped playing my 360 so maybe that's why it slipped by me. I need to play this.

Rogue and Unity came out at the same time. Unity was this gen only and Rogue was last gen only. It was a pretty stupid move, tbh.

I just watched a trailer. I looks interesting. I'll have to pick it up.

This is off topic, but after Unity I got kind of tired of Assassins Creed games. That one kind of felt like a chore to play. Didn't hate it though; looked amazing. Then my friend told me to play Syndicate because it was more fun and he was totally right. I don't know what it is but it is a genuinely fun game. The movement and especially the combat is some of the best I've played in an Assassins Creed game. Really loving it.

U2NUMB

Woah.. Rogue?? Awesome.. I own it but never played it on the 360 so time to break the disc out. Love BC... and the X1 team continues to kill it.

Rogue is the best from the AC3 trilogy. No tailing missions!

Get it now if you're a fan.

Really? Holy shit I already put it above many other AC games...

sibarraz

Banned
So does that mean all the SNK downloadble games are now backwards-compatible?

KOF 98 Ultimate Match
KOF 2002 Unlimited Match
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug XX
Neogeo Battle Collisueum
Samurai Shodown II

Fatal Fury special is still missing

And if you want to stretch it more Trouble Witches Neo is missing too but that one was delisted and I doubt that it will be ported

Ahasverus

Really? Holy shit I already put it above many other AC games...
IKR? It's the typical case of a B-team outshinning the A team. It's a bit like Splinter Cell Double Agent 6th gen being superior to the main 7th gen one. It's also relatively short, which means it doesn't overstay its welcome, and its story is actually interesting which is a nice change of pace from their lastest efforts.

Its only downside is a bit of jank and bugs coming from it being a secondary release.

U2NUMB

IKR? It's the typical case of a B-team outshinning the A team. It's a bit like Splinter Cell Double Agent 6th gen being superior to the main 7th gen one. It's also relatively short, which means it doesn't overstay its welcome, and its story is actually interesting which is a nice change of pace from their lastest efforts.

Its only downside is a bit of jank and bugs coming from it being a secondary release.

Thanks for the insight.. excited to try. My copy was still steald (Got it for like 9 bucks at target). It appears the disc version does not work just yet on X1 but cant wait.

Edit: Nevermind rebooted console and it works!

Top Bottom