• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC Unity In-game Map Size revealed.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Courtesy of Reddit, and accesstheanimus.com here's the full map of Paris in AC:Unity. With the density of near 1:1 scale buildings and streets. This city will be huge.
http://i.imgur.com/icLqxA4.jpg
EDIT:Another user provided a comparison between an actual 18th century map and the one seen in Unity. They are really going for that huge scale.
http://i.imgur.com/22nHWOY.jpg
Another thing to note, NO loading screens. And 1/4th of all building are enterable. Not to mention the catacombs.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That's a lot of corridors.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Hmmm, not sure how I feel about them going back to single city games. The catacombs are going to be awesome though.

TimmiT

Judging from the E3 demos, it's gonna be a beautiful game too.

I don't really trust Ubisoft when it comes to pre-release gameplay demos anymore. I do hope that it will look as good as it did at E3, but I'm not going to expect that it will.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that it's one big city.

Omni

I find single cities to be a bit dull. Hopefully it's not just the same stuff copy and pasted all over. Needs a bit of variety

Oh shit, they'll have the catacombs too? HELL YES

I really hope we get a genuine 1:1 scale open world city this gen, even if it's a smaller city. This comes pretty close.

LiK

I don't really trust Ubisoft when it comes to pre-release gameplay demos anymore. I do hope that it will look as good as it did at E3, but I'm not going to expect that it will.

True, altho Black Flag was pretty breathtaking for a cross-gen title. Hoping this one will impress me even more.

Sojgat

If a quarter of the buildings have interior environments, like Ubi have been saying, then this is very impressive.

9835895db3cf521b7e4aea78b2ee2434.jpg

jett

D-Member
I find single cities to be a bit dull. Hopefully it's not just the same stuff copy and pasted all over. Needs a bit of variety

They have a randomizing algorithm for placing buildings in the game world. Randomly mixes and matches facades, walls, windows, ceilings and whatnot. So it is kind of a copy paste, but it won't be too bad.

Alienous

They are doing it right. Good on them.

Assassins Creed Revelations scared me away from the franchise. This might bring me back.

When had the Assassin's Creed series ever mislead with pre-release gameplay demos?

They have a randomizing algorithm for placing buildings in the game world. Randomly mixes and matches facades, walls, windows, ceilings and whatnot. So it is kind of a copy paste, but it won't be too bad.

To elaborate on that point this is apparently only being used to generate the early stages. They use the tech to build out the city so that the streets are lined up correctly etc. Then from there they work on making the buildings feel unique, but more importantly work as a part of the game. Randomly placed building don't make good running paths themselves so it has to be tweaked by default. Of course a certain amount of assets are always reused in games but a single city could provide room for variety in what feels like a more enclosed space, so I guess we will have to wait and see.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Hmmm, not sure how I feel about them going back to single city games. The catacombs are going to be awesome though.

If it's done right, with enough detail, it could be something special. AC4 was fantastic so I'm glad they are not just trying to duplicate and elaborate on it.

Assassins Creed Revelations scared me away from the franchise. This might bring me back.

I don't blame you, but AC4 was great. Try hard enough and you will forget ACR existed, that's what I did.

Yoday

This is a good point. Hell, even last year's E3 demo ran about the same as the PC version.
Pretty sure last years demo was on PS4 considering they also demoed Vita remote play. I think they have always demoed AC games on the consoles.

hemo memo

Gold Member

Anyway, I'm glad to see that it's one big city.

But this is next gen only game.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Im gonna cherish every ass creed game we get cause when they are all gone everyone will be looking back on them as the good ol days when developers spent thousand man teams on games that focused historical setting and atmosphere. We will be drowning in mobas and free2play.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

This is from the same guy that directed Revelations, so be ye warned. Revelations is my 2nd favorite game of the franchise though, so I'm stoked.

Top Bottom