• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC Unity Season Pass Cancelled, Ubi offers free game instead

murgo

Good, after the clusterfuck with the main game I wasn't going to buy the season pass anyways. Free DLC is nice though.

But it's a really stupid decision to not refund people who already bought it.

Ominym

Banned
Umm, pretty sure that's illegal. If you buy something and the business doesn't prove it they can't just give you something else. You get your money back as a full refund.

Agreed. Something can't be right here. Maybe they're hoping most will be cool with it and only fully refund people that complain? Smells like a a lawsuit waiting to happen though.

kulapik

I'm ok with it, basically because I never planned on buying Unity. If Chronicles China, which I was interested on, is still sold separately, of course.

ocean

Banned
Umm, pretty sure that's illegal. If you buy something and the business doesn't prove it they can't just give you something else. You get your money back as a full refund.
They're still giving it to you. It's just that they'll give it to everyone else as well so they'll make it up to you with a free game. It's a technicality but it's good enough to avoid litigation. They charged you for something and they'll give it to you. Reducing the price after having sold it (in this case reducing price to 0) stings but it's not illegal.

I'm going to need confirmation for this before I can really believe it. I have to imagine Unity sold well, despite its issues, just being an AC game. And if it sold well why wouldn't they try to get more money out of people?

The season pass and certain other dlc (like Helix credits packs) got delisted from XBL, SEN and Steam so it seems to be true.

I think this continues to show in general what a poor deal the season pass is to consumers.
The only time it's a decent deal is if it gets discounted, and that's only if the content is any good

If you don't want to keep perpetuating incomplete games and bad DLC, you should never get a season pass before its out, at full price, ever.

BriGuy

What a monumental cock-up all around. There aren't many backdrops better than the French Revolution for an AC game, and they completely squandered it. Just think what could have been if Ubisoft invested half as much time designing their games as they did trying to nickel and dime their fanbase.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I'm ok with it, basically because I never planned on buying Unity. If Chronicles China, which I was interested on, is still sold separately, of course.
Wait did you just buy the season pass and not the actual game?

georly

My schadenfreude is tingling

Isn't most of the DLC usually done before a game is released? Has a Season Pass ever been cancelled after the game hits retail?

It's been cancelled on certain platforms, like Arkham on Wii U. Don't think it's ever been cancelled like this though.

My guess is they're scrapping the DLC to make its content into an all new Creed game.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

It'll be interesting to see how this is handheld in the UK especially.

*Splinter

They're still giving it to you. It's just that they'll give it to everyone else as well so they'll make it up to you with a free game. It's a technicality but it's good enough to avoid litigation. They charged you for something and they'll give it to you. Reducing the price after having sold it (in this case reducing price to 0) stings but it's not illegal.
What if I choose to cancel my preorder before the content is released? I'd be entitled to a refund right? And at the price I paid, not the reduced (to 0) price?

I don't have AC or the season pass, just curious.

@Wreck

15697687780_879105ec52_o.png

Uplay link for DLC does not work.

Also apparently removed from PSN and XBL.

Interesting decision. I wonder what'll happen.

i could play some more unity

that DEAD KINGS dlc looks like more

Everybody better backlash getting a free Ubisoft game, you want a refund instead.

If this shit flies anticipate future exchanges rather than complete refunds.

Top Bottom