• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Acclaim improving too?

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
After Midway,it seems even Acclaim realized making at least decent games is a better way to survive.

Legends of Wrestling and Combat Elite seem like ok games,Juiced and Red Star are even great,100 Bullets still sucks probobly.

With even crappiest publishers delivering buyworthy(Red Star will be mine) games,ATARI is the only big one with bad track record on consoles.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Murph I believe Titus is dead now.

I don't know if Acclaim should get credit for Juiced... wasn't it being worked on before they picked it up? Unlike Namco's SRS which seems to be showing some nice improvements since Namco picked it up I'm not sure what Acclaims involvement with Juiced has done.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
DarienA said:
Murph I believe Titus is dead now.

I don't know if Acclaim should get credit for Juiced... wasn't it being worked on before they picked it up? Unlike Namco's SRS which seems to be showing some nice improvements since Namco picked it up I'm not sure what Acclaims involvement with Juiced has done.

Juiced is being made inhouse by a new team made up by former Rage employees,or so i think

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Fleming said:
Juiced is being made inhouse by a new team made up by former Rage employees,or so i think

Yes I know but I thought Juiced was being worked on by that team before Acclaim picked them up?.

Meier

Juiced was AWFUL at E3 -- I have no clue where you got the idea it was great. The Red Star was pretty rad though.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Red Star wasn't bad at all. Showdown is still their best upcoming title. 100 bullets was painful to watch, let alone play - let's take all the good stuff from GTA and Max Payne and twist into a horrible, jaggified, unrecognizable mess. :(

Meier

Yeah, 100 Bullets was terrible. They had this other top-down game that had characters that kinda looked like Metal Slug guys (some army themed name) that sucked too.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
The WW2 shooter! That was hilarious - "We're paying homage to our fighting forefathers with this true-to-life war adventure depicting the heroic battles of World War II"...and then it looks and plays like this:

Commando.jpg

LakeEarth

It won't last. Back in the early N64 days Acclaim had a streak of decent to great games coming out (Turok, premiere of Extreme G, etc) but then after Turok 2 they pretty much went back to the way they were before, making 'gems' such as Armorines and ECW Anarchy Rulz!!!

LakeEarth

I'm stupid, sorry, I'll fix it.

Sorry, I just got back into MK2 for my SNES, and that was Acclaimed published, and my brain kinda skipped a beat.

Top Bottom