• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Account Issues with Used Vita TV. Any Ideas GAF?

So I bought a used Vita TV yesterday when this thread gave the heads up on cheap ones: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=932887

I got it today, and the previous user's account is stuck on the system. I've formatted the internal memory card, done "Restore Settings", and "Restore this System", but it still won't let me sign in.

It gives me the following error code:

NP-2100-3
You must sign in with the account that is linked with this system.

I googled the error message but most of the help is for regular PS Vitas with users saying to boot into safe mode. I understand that the previous user's account is linked to the system, but do I seriously have no way to do anything on my end?

Any ideas GAF?

Those are instructions for booting a regular Vita into safe mode. I found that video as well. Part of the instructions is to hold PS button+R button+Power button all at once.

PS TV has no power button.

Edit: Scratch that GAF, me being the idiot with poor eyesight that I am didn't notice that there IS a power button on the tiny PS TV. I'll figure this out.

Those are instructions for booting a regular Vita into safe mode. I found that video as well. Part of the instructions is to hold PS button+R button+Power button all at once.

PS TV has no power button.

It has a power button on the back. o.0 Hold it down for like 20 secs when starting it up.

Jamix012

I might be wrong but I don't think safe mode will help. I had to remove my old account from my Japanese Vita TV when it came over and it was a pain in the ass. I don't quite remember how to do it, but it's in the settings somewhere. There's another option somewhere that isn't restore settings and restore system...I just can't remember exactly what.

I might be wrong but I don't think safe mode will help. I had to remove my old account from my Japanese Vita TV when it came over and it was a pain in the ass. I don't quite remember how to do it, but it's in the settings somewhere. There's another option somewhere that isn't restore settings and restore system...I just can't remember exactly what.

It worked. I'm signed in now and everything. P4G on my tv, here I come.

Top Bottom