Ace Attorney 1-3 being re-released on 3DS in Japan

GSR

Jun 17, 2011
twitter.com
From Sinobi.

The first three Ace Attorney games are getting a re-release as a collection on the 3DS, for 3,990 yen. A 3D effect will be present, but they don't appear to be full remakes. As with the Japanese DS releases, an English-language option will be present. The game's boxart will be drawn by Tatsurou Iwamoto, who did designs for the first three games.

A new drama CD will also be recorded and released at the same time, starring Phoenix and Edgeworth. Godot will play a role, marking his first time in an Ace Attorney audio production.

Pre-orders will receive a code to download original artwork and arranged versions of the series' BGM.

The collection will be released April 17th in Japan.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPmZlk7oOOM
Official site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/123/

Main logo/artwork (used on the boxart):

Jan 25, 2012
I wonder if this is going to be the iOS versions or the DS versions. Also, if Capcom were to release this in the West I'd be stupid enough to buy it.

Jan 9, 2009
Oh awesome! I've been trying to find the DS games for decent prices and having absolutely no luck. Don't want to play them on Wii, don't have an Apple thing, and they're all apparently super rare and expensive in PAL territories. I'd jump all over a 3DS re-release.

Jan 25, 2012
Oh awesome! I've been trying to find the DS games for decent prices and having absolutely no luck. Don't want to play them on Wii, don't have an Apple thing, and they're all apparently super rare and expensive in PAL territories. I'd jump all over a 3DS re-release.
DS games are region free so you could just import the US versions which were reprinted and are available for good prices.

So, what, is Capcom going to re-release the original trilogy for every single Nintendo handheld from now on?
And we'd buy it every time.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I was hoping this happened sooner or later. Never got a chance to play them on the ds and I really enjoyed the demo for the new game. Hope this gets released outside of Japan too.

Aug 29, 2012
So they did put the old games into a collection! I kept thinking that it would be the best move since there will not be DS games for 3DS on the eshop.

Bring this to the US please!

Dec 2, 2012
AA5 seems to have done decently over here, though it's hard to tell without any NPD figures 'cuz digital. XP We might actually get this one, though! If we do it's a day 1 purchase for me.

EDIT: Oh, it has English text? We'll probably get it at least digitally, then.