• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5 (3DS) revealed + Layton Vs. Ace Attorney dated

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
http://nintendoeverything.com/98015/capcom-announces-ace-attorney-5-for-3ds/

Ace Attorney 5, otherwise known as Gyakuten Saiban 5, is coming to Nintendo’s latest portable. This week’s Famitsu reveals that the game is in the works for the 3DS.

Edit:
Andriasang backs it:

http://andriasang.com/con2ku/ace_attorney_famitsu/

This week's Famitsu is a must for Ace Attorney fans. The magazine has looks at two Ace Attorney games: Ace Attorney 5 and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney.

For Ace Attorney 5, the magazine says that Phoenix Wright is the main character. He has a new partner, a mysterious girl in yellow clothing. This girl will be a central figure in the game .

Layton vs Ace Attorney got a major ad on the magazine's back cover. The ad itself is a puzzle which Tales Source, which picked up the magazine in advance, says appears to indicate a November 29 release date for the game

From Takao:

The real Super Scoop?!

This week's Famitsu is a must for Ace Attorney fans. The magazine has looks at two Ace Attorney games: Ace Attorney 5 and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney.

For Ace Attorney 5, the magazine confirms the platform as 3DS and reveals that Phoenix Wright is the main character. He has a new partner, a mysterious girl in yellow clothing. This girl will be a central figure in the game .

Layton vs Ace Attorney got a major ad on the magazine's back cover. The ad itself is a puzzle which Tales Source, which picked up the magazine in advance, says appears to indicate a November 29 release date for the game.

Update

http://andriasang.com/con2kw/ace_attorney_5_tgs/

Tokyo Game Show attendees will get an early chance at playing Ace Attorney 5, as Famitsu reveals this week that the game will be playable at the event later this month. Capcom has prepared a fifteen minute demo, and will even reward those who line up with a special strap as a gift.

As we reported earlier, Famitsu confirms Ace Attorney 5 as a 3DS title featuring Phoenix Wright as the main character. The magazine also introduces a mysterious girl who wears yellow. She's a key person in the game, and will be properly introduced at Tokyo Game Show.

Ace Attorney 5 is set one year after the events of Ace Attorney 4 and sees Phoenix Wright return to being a lawyer. The game's first chapter involves an explosion at the courthouse. The charged is a high school girl named Shinobu. She's very week and can go into spasms at any moment. In the courtroom, Wright will face off against Winston Payne's brother.

Famitsu has just three screenshots, but they hint at some new gameplay systems. Like Layton vs Ace Attorney, the game will have fully 3D characters. It appears that you'll be able to select to give certain facial expressions during testimony, as there are facial expression icons on the lower screen.

Based off the reports we're reading from people who get Famitsu in advance, Shu Takumi is not fully involved with Ace Attorney 5, as he's busy on Layton vs Ace Attorney. The magazine lists Motohide Eshiro as producer, Takeshi Yamazaki as scenario director, and Noriyuki Iwadare on music.

GSR

Andriasang backs it:

For Ace Attorney 5, the magazine says that Phoenix Wright is the main character. He has a new partner, a mysterious girl in yellow clothing. This girl will be a central figure in the game .

Layton vs Ace Attorney got a major ad on the magazine's back cover. The ad itself is a puzzle which Tales Source, which picked up the magazine in advance, says appears to indicate a November 29 release date for the game

Takao

Banned
The real Super Scoop?!

For Ace Attorney 5, the magazine confirms the platform as 3DS and reveals that Phoenix Wright is the main character. He has a new partner, a mysterious girl in yellow clothing. This girl will be a central figure in the game .

Layton vs Ace Attorney got a major ad on the magazine's back cover. The ad itself is a puzzle which Tales Source, which picked up the magazine in advance, says appears to indicate a November 29 release date for the game.

Ath

I don't object to this! All is forgiven Capcpom...if you localise it...and Ace Attorney Investigations 2

ibshLAA90wxHhC.gif

Luigi87

Well, I guess this really proves that Capcom wrote themselves into a corner with the fourth game, and had no idea where to go with Apollo has the main character.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Confirmed

Ferrio

Banned
Wonder if they're sticking with Apollo, hope they do and don't back pedal.

Weak.

MechaX

Well, I guess this really proves that Capcom wrote themselves into a corner with the fourth game, and had no idea where to go with Apollo has the main character.

Unless it's a midquel between one of the other games, this... probably happened.

Kinda sucks for Apollo, though.

nickcv

i love you, love you capcom.

and we will organize a punitive expedition if you won't localize this and investigation 2

Capcom announces Ace Attorney 5 for 3DS
September 4th, 2012 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Valay
Ace Attorney 5, otherwise known as Gyakuten Saiban 5, is coming to Nintendo’s latest portable. This week’s Famitsu reveals that the game is in the works for the 3DS.

Based on what’s leaked out so far, it seems that you’ll be playing out as Phoenix Wright. It’s a fresh start for players. Don’t quote me on this year, but it also looks like there’s a mysterious new female partner with a yellow dress.

HOLY SHIT MEGA TON!!!!!!!

I'll strangle a puppy if it's got the ugly-ass 3D style of Layton vs Ace Attorney. I will only accept 2D sprites with even better resolution/animation.

PK Gaming

The wait... begins

2-2ani-maya-ugg.gif

My money's on PW game that takes place after AJ. There's just too little time to squeeze a mainline title between PW3 & PW4. I mean, PW4 literally starts a couple of months after the third one, and PW has always been going through cases over the course of several months (except Ace attorney investigations)

upandaway

Niiiiiiiice. I need details though.

Just don't pull that AA2 nonsense again. Can 3DS games even be patched for fan translations?

Nice to know Phoenix did actually end up going for the bar again.

Shame about Apollo, though.

Edit: Or it could be a midquel, as mentioned above.

Top Bottom