• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

Any reason you didn't put the goddamn in that list, even though he barely played on day 1?

StarSketch is a she ;)

Whoops my bad.

You weren't being gunned for like you are making it seem.

I don't mean to make it sound like people were calling for my blood. But 2 people were indeed voting for me or seriously considering it. Several people voiced suspicion. That isn't "n1 kill" material for scum in my honest opinion.

Corn, what made you so sure Kalor would flip town, even before he roleclaimed?

Honestly? He played much the same in other games where he was town. Didn't really see his inactiveness as a sign of being scum. Other than that? Tunnel vision. I was fairly fuckin certain you were scum, and Kalor was getting pressure on him which was taking pressure of you. Unless we lucked into two scum on D1, it meant he was town and you were scum.

I also, like Crimson, found it odd how Kalor got a bunch of votes after Crimson posted a vote with little justification.

Uuuh. There were multiple people that found corn suspicious. Me and Crimson on the other hand were seen as town by a lot of people. Corn was not the best scum target by a long shot.

I don't know. I mean, if you look at the votes, they could've easily framed RNH and gotten two birds with one stone.

What strikes me odd, is who died. RNH. RNH was the only vote for CB and so the theory right now is this: either CB is stupid and killed RNH, OR the neutral assassin(or whatever) is Ezekial who tried to frame CB by killing RNH and bringing up the whole "I do believe that RNH was one who called you out on being so aggressive!" HOHOHO!

Now, one can say that's what I'm doing right now. I'm not stupid enough to shoot myself in the foot.

Barrylocke... Yeah. I don't know.

squidyj

Any reason you didn't put the goddamn in that list, even though he barely played on day 1?

StarSketch is a she ;)

I was honestly just trying to push the new players a bit, teach them a little. I'm leaving drago out for the moment because he just subbed in but I'll definitely want to hear from him as well. It wasn't so much a 'this player's quiet' but 'I want to get the new players to participate'

Actually Crimson, you mentioned how you voted for Kalor with little justification. Then were shocked that people voted for him with you.

Why vote for Kalor exactly? Did you think he was scum?

My pet theory is that you may be scum and that line was an attempt to sort of take responsibility for Kalor's bandwagon off yourself. You may have simply thrown out the vote hoping it wouldn't turn into much, but then town actually followed you, much to your surprise.

Actually, yeah. I'm going to push this, because I find it interesting. There must be a neutral, unless scum can kill 2 in one night.

Unvote: CornBurrito
Vote: EzekialRAGE

I believe that if there is a neutral, which is so extraordinaryily likely at this point, it's EzekialRAGE trying to frame a kill on CB.

Plus, there's the whole WIFOM thing of Scrafty being the most likely to receive protections on N1.

Yeah, I was thinking about that, and Scrafty is such an obvious target, I actually was expecting Mafia to NOT target her. On the other hand, she probably did get protected last night.

And this still doesn't explain why the other two died.

Actually, yeah. I'm going to push this, because I find it interesting. There must be a neutral, unless scum can kill 2 in one night.

Unvote: CornBurrito
Vote: EzekialRAGE

I believe that if there is a neutral, which is so extraordinaryily likely at this point, it's EzekialRAGE trying to frame a kill on CB.

Or, CB is scum and killed RNH so he could say "Why would I kill the person who suspected, that would be a poor play if I was scum. "

squidyj

I don't know. I mean, if you look at the votes, they could've easily framed RNH and gotten two birds with one stone.

What strikes me odd, is who died. RNH. RNH was the only vote for CB and so the theory right now is this: either CB is stupid and killed RNH, OR the neutral assassin(or whatever) is Ezekial who tried to frame CB by killing RNH and bringing up the whole "I do believe that RNH was one who called you out on being so aggressive!" HOHOHO!

Now, one can say that's what I'm doing right now. I'm not stupid enough to shoot myself in the foot.

Barrylocke... Yeah. I don't know.

why wouldn't a different killer try to frame CB and then Ezekel? It's a better play than doing it as Zeke, which would lead right back to his doorstep. Under your analysis some third party could kill RNH, to set up CB which if followed as a thread would lead suspicion onto zeke which would leave us wasting a great deal of time getting no closer to who the killer really is.

It's also possible that you have it backwards and RNH was the mafia kill for some reason.

furthermore are we convinced at this point that neither of the kills could possibly be town aligned?

Actually Crimson, you mentioned how you voted for Kalor with little justification. Then were shocked that people voted for him with you.

Why vote for Kalor exactly? Did you think he was scum?

Fairly light scum read, his "poking" gambit looked kind of like scum trying to "contribute" without doing much.

I actually intended to flip my vote to someone else before the deadline, especially with that bandwaggon, but then he pulled that "role claiming" gambit, and I didn't really have anyone else I felt really strongly about, so I left it.

I feel slightly more trusting of Star than Worthy. Worthy actually is interesting to me now. If he's scum, I don't think Ezekiel is.

furthermore are we convinced at this point that neither of the kills could possibly be town aligned?

Neither of them were really being scum read were they?

Plus from the win condition, there's probably a neutral who can't win with town, so SK seems likely.

I feel slightly more trusting of Star than Worthy. Worthy actually is interesting to me now. If he's scum, I don't think Ezekiel is.

Why...?

Wouldn't you think that this is the strategy between two Mafia members?

To look like you don't like each other, and vote for one another, just too make there be that barrier? In which YOU just fell into?

Drago

Howdy folks. QuantumBro replacement here. :)

Not sure what Barrylocke and RNH could have done to be serious targets. Unless that was exactly why they were offed in the first place.

Redfalco and TheGoddamn strike me as extremely suspicious due to their extreme lack of activity. Doesn't necessarily make them scum but they really need to post more than they have.

roytheone

I got a PM saying I got blackmailed. The perpetrator left a calling card. Don't know if I should share the calling card or keep it to myself to test future claims.

After everything ystrday, what has changed ur mind exactly?

Huh?

Had no opinion on Star or Edge yesterday.

Star today seemed a bit... off. But in her defense she has played similarly and been town. That's just unfortunate. I'm not quite committed to thinking she's scum. Yet.

Edge meanwhile voted for me, then swapped to you. If he is scum and you are scum, why would he place a vote on you right here and right now? I don't think he would.

So either you two are both town, or one of the two of you is scum. Ignoring the possibility of town/neutral.

Why...?

Wouldn't you think that this is the strategy between two Mafia members?

To look like you don't like each other, and vote for one another, just too make there be that barrier? In which YOU just fell into?

Possible. We've had players (Czartim in Volcano Island) do that. I just don't think you and Ezekiel are that sort. I could be wrong.

I got a PM saying I got blackmailed. The perpetrator left a calling card. Don't know if I should share the calling card or keep it to myself to test future claims.

Interesting. So we have alignment cops then, most likely. And RNH was a watcher. Looks like this game is heavy on investigation which isn't shocking at all.

I'd keep the details a secret so that other people can't lie about it. Though do be aware that you're actually a fairly solid night kill target now since the secrets of the card will die with you.

Edge meanwhile voted for me, then swapped to you. If he is scum and you are scum, why would he place a vote on you right here and right now? I don't think he would.

So either you two are both town, or one of the two of you is scum. Ignoring the possibility of town/neutral.

Was talking about you changing your mind on my being scum. And that doesnt really make sense. His argument for me made sense, if you don't take into account the neutral killer just taking advantage of the situation between you/me/rnh ystrday.

Was talking about you changing your mind on my being scum. And that doesnt really make sense. His argument for me made sense, if you don't take into account the neutral killer just taking advantage of the situation between you/me/rnh ystrday.

I didn't change my mind. You misread.

On this note, I also received an item last night. I'm not going to reveal what it is in case I need to use it to test something later (it's not the calling card is all I'll say), but I figure I should share since you did as well.

Someone else has been added onto my Least Trusted list since last night, by the way, and I'd be fine with voting out them or both of those who are already on it.

Yeah if it's called "blackmail" that leaves a very negative connotation. Also, in the theme he isn't a very good person lol.

Depending on how far into the fluff we read: DeKiller leaves a card after every kill, so it could suggest that he was responsible for one of the deaths.

roytheone

If Sorian is not very creative, it could be a neutral that has to blackmail everyone, like Sorian himself in NX and gorlak in hp.

Depending on how far into the fluff we read: DeKiller leaves a card after every kill, so it could suggest that he was responsible for one of the deaths.

If Sorian is not very creative, it could be a neutral that has to blackmail everyone, like Sorian himself in NX and gorlak in hp.

This could make sense.

Maybe the neutral can kill, and blackmail different people?

He kills someone, then leaves a blackmail (which is the balance of showing that there's a neutral in the midst?)

Drago

I don't think De Killer necessarily has to be a scum role. He only acts upon the demands of whoever hires him, so if the role is true to his character, he may be working for a town role.

I don't think De Killer necessarily has to be a scum role. He only acts upon the demands of whoever hires him, so if the role is true to his character, he may be working for a town role.

So then would he be a neutral or a town? Or is he even a playable character?

roytheone

That sounds like the definition of a neutral to me.

roytheone

On this note, I also received an item last night. I'm not going to reveal what it is in case I need to use it to test something later (it's not the calling card is all I'll say), but I figure I should share since you did as well.

Someone else has been added onto my Least Trusted list since last night, by the way, and I'd be fine with voting out them or both of those who are already on it.

Just to be clear: this is because of you looking back at people during the night, or because something that happened during the night?

With the rules for town win, neutrals are pretty much scum, since we have to eliminate them as well.

My question is:

Is De Killer even a playable role? It could be like the whole "book" in Harry Potter, where it rotates every night. It's up to the user to risk being seen at night "calling in De Killer". Or something.

squidyj

Neither of them were really being scum read were they?

Plus from the win condition, there's probably a neutral who can't win with town, so SK seems likely.

I think you're right but I hadn't seen it discussed anywhere so I wanted to see if there was any argument that could be made.

Top Bottom