• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

*sigh*

Due to not wanting to commit to either ER or Kalor as I'm not convinced enough by either:

VOTE: CornBurrito

He's too convinced. No-one should be that convinced, especially not on day 1. And ER's right, if he does flip thumbs-up-good-guy and not boo-evil-man (I NEED FLAVOURED TEAM NAMES SORIAN DAMNIT), he can very easily just say "lol oops" and move focus onto someone else. Rinse, repeat. And how often do people go against the ringleaders? They can hide under the veil of "Well at least I'm trying gawd".

Now I realise this isn't going to change the way today is going at all, but I don't want to help sentence either Kalor or ER to death yet.

Ok, it is almost Night time so I'll give my final thoughts:

Bro: is getting removed so it looks like his inactivity was unintentional.

Kalor: hasn't said much but seems more new to the game than showing any kind of scum qualities, and seems to have explained himself. That clearly has not been enough for others, which I understand since I myself am new are biased towards new players that are just trying to figure this game out, unless Kalor isn't that new in which case I may re-think my Vote.

RAGE: has been acting the most suspicious to me because he is so desperate to tell everyone that he innocent, there is trying to defend your self and then there is being so defensive that every other post is you going over every post to show how innocent you are, maybe this is just how RAGE plays or how he posts in general but it is fishy to me and it makes him the most suspicious.

P.S. Sorry that my posting has been inconsistent, I just don't think I have had much to add recently, I will try to keep up more and post more often.

This ain't Kalor's first rodeo, he's been around since game 1

It is very shitty to be lurking most the time and not comment on anything. Waste no time in claiming a power role.

Before the power role claim, he made no attempts to be apart of any discussions or anything to dissuade ppl from voting him. It is very likely he didn't even have to mention the power role part if he just participated. He came with the power role thing 4-6hrs before the end of the day.

Sorian

Banned
So first a point of order: looks like my name is misspelled in the original players' list, and of course that error has propagated to posts. Not sure how this sort of confusion would affect the script, or the best way to rectify it. Sorry for not noticing earlier.

Oh! That's 100% my fault, I'm sorry. No script is running on this game though so no issue there. Will edit first post in a few minutes.

Kalor

What other slight things have ppl done?
I myself said the post wasn't that defensive.

Kalor: He said himself he hasn't been MIA, just lurking which is worse. Since he knows what's going on but chooses to not comment on it.
Me: Why wouldn't I analyze posts trying to prove my innocence?

Still hasnt answered anything about my post about why he is lurkin/ his thoughts on you unvoting/voting him.

Am I meant to think much about Xam voting/unvoting me. It doesn't appear that odd to me. They voted me as I did some suspicious stuff, unvoted as they would be around later then they thought I said something suspicious so they voted again.

As for the slight stuff and most of this has been brought up already:
Starsketch referring to the town win condition in their pm
Stanley's mistakes in his inital post. Might just be role playing or intention teasing as scum.
There might be more but I'll wait until the night phase to go over the day if I survive.

It is very shitty to be lurking most the time and not comment on anything. Waste no time in claiming a power role.

Before the power role claim, he made no attempts to be apart of any discussions or anything to dissuade ppl from voting him. It is very likely he didn't even have to mention the power role part if he just participated. He came with the power role thing 4-6hrs before the end of the day.

When did I ever claim a power role?

Am I meant to think much about Xam voting/unvoting me. It doesn't appear that odd to me. They voted me as I did some suspicious stuff, unvoted as they would be around later then they thought I said something suspicious so they voted again.

As for the slight stuff and most of this has been brought up already:
Starsketch referring to the town win condition in their pm
Stanley's mistakes in his inital post. Might just be role playing or intention teasing as scum.
There might be more but I'll wait until the night phase to go over the day if I survive.

When did I ever claim a power role?
So you're an ordinary?

Sorian

Banned
Im on mobile so quoting is a pain but to RNH: the team names are scum and town, no flavor team names for you.

dealwithit.gif

VOTE: Kalor

So, considering his history, his infrequent posting, his weird character claim and a general suspicious tone I think that Kalor is likely to be scum, more so than RAGE but I still find RAGE's behaviour strange and I guess only time will tell concerning him.

Think of it this way. Person A, B, and C. are tied for voting. A may be regular townie, but makes it seems like he has a power role. B (does have a role), role claims to possibly not get lynched. C admits to being ordinary town.

B couldve never had to role claim if he didnt feel pressured from A's bluff of a power role.

squidyj

2 hours and 30 minutes til the end of the day phase. Kalor MIA again. Plans to come in at the last minute with more about his role I'm guessing.

The usually vocal Squidyj is nowhere to be found. CB, makes a post about his displeasure about me not possibly being lynched, then dips. Hipster MIA after his vote and dip. Another few no votes or no one commenting on anything.

I must say I don't like any of that.

relax, I had shit to do today.

So I'm not convinced by anything zeke has said because he has continued to fail to address my major concern while trying to cast as much dirt around as he can
"oh no he's mean about my gambit"
"oh no he's agreeing with cornburrito"

But these are two of your statements about the thing and you've completely failed to square the circle of their contradicting nature

Or........

A post made to be purposely defensive to see who would try to jump on it to try to claim it seemed scummy.

I obviously disagree about the degree of defensiveness. Your making it seem like I cursed, called Crimson out his name or something. Making a mountain out of a molehill.

so which is it Zeke? do you disagree about the defensiveness in the post or were you playing up the defensiveness as part of a gambit?

If you disagree about the defensiveness then how was it a gambit in the first place? If you disagree about the defensiveness why was your first reaction to call it a gambit?

If it was made to be purposely defensive why do you disagree about the defensiveness zeke? why do you think a mountain is being made out of a molehill if you made it to be purposely defensive?

Also, because this keeps coming up:

I generally don't make town claims because no one believes it. Regardless of what someone's alignment is, it's pretty much always considered suspicious.

The role PM thing was me not thinking before posting, and it was honestly really really dumb of me to say.

roytheone

I never lied about anything. I left stuff up to interpretation on one point but I feel like most people didn't give my name claim much thought until now.

You may have not flat out lied, but you did confess to trying to look more important than you basically are.

squidyj

I thought the way the dogpile happened so fast on Kalor something was weird, like scum jumping on, and I was going to say something, but he hasn't been doing himself any favors with his nameclaim roleclaim bullshit,

If he's telling the truth we lose a vanilla town and maybe some of the things I thought about the bandwagon could potentially be true.
If he's lying we get to hit a scum day 1, yay.

Unfortunate about QuantumBro. I don't feel 100% comfortable voting for him without hearing more from his replacement.

UNVOTE

For some reason, I had a feeling that when I came back your only new comment would be a reply to me.

Well, you posted that correction too, but that's not really much.

I mean, only the first paragraph of the post you quoted was directed towards you, so this is really only true if you discount everything after it. Not saying that my post was substantial by any measure, but I still feel as if you've kind of misconstrued the content of my post.

----

Day 1 Reads List

1. Barrylocke [m] - Leaning town
2. Bowlie [m] - Null
3. CornBurrito [m] - Leaning town
4. Crimsonfist [m] - Leaning town
5. EzekelRAGE [m] - Slightly leaning scum
6. Hipster Cthulhu [m] - Null
7. Kalor [m] - Null
8. Matt Attack [m] - N/A
9. QuantumBro [m] - Pending replacement, previously leaned scum
10. Redfalco [m] - Null
11. Ri'Orious [m] - Leaning town
12. RobotNinjaHornets [m] - Leaning town
13. roytheone [m] - Leaning town
14. ScraftyDevil [f] - Confirmed town
15. squidyj [m] - Leaning town
16. StanleyPalmtree [m] - Null
17. StarSketch [f] - Slightly leaning scum
18. TheGoddamn [m] - Null
19. TheWorthyEdge [m] - Slightly leaning scum
20. Xamtheking [m] - Null
21. Zubz [m] - Null

VOTE: EzekielRAGE

Fake edit: And now that I see Kalor's claim I'm second guessing myself. If he's town, I think that admitting that he is ordinary was absolutely the wrong thing to do (and making it seem like he actually had a power to begin with even more incorrect). I really didn't get any scum vibes from him before this though so I'm kind of conflicted. Probably going to keep my vote on Ezekiel, but I should be available for the remaining hour so I'll see how I feel.

Kalor

Here's the rub
Kalor is likely telling the truth
See: Zipped in Woof2
But he's still caused issues for Town

What issues would that be?

You may have not flat out lied, but you did confess to trying to look more important than you basically are.

I felt that it might reduce the need for me to full out claim. I thought that if I got through today without claiming it might make me a target for the mafia, reducing the chance for a real power role to be targeted.

I felt that it might reduce the need for me to full out claim. I thought that if I got through today without claiming it might make me a target for the mafia, reducing the chance for a real power role to be targeted.

You're vanilla town, you should never have a reason to full out claim, and scum aren't going to target someone who almost got lynched.

You have acted in a manner which almost forces a lynch on you, extremely similar to Zipped back in Wolf2, who was Town but lied to try to get Scum to target him

You have acted in a manner which almost forces a lynch on you, extremely similar to Zipped back in Wolf2, who was Town but lied to try to get Scum to target him

Huh? No, Zipped had a role which specifically benefited from scum targeting him, and the way he played it led to him getting suspicion. Kalor has just pulled this as a gambit when he was about to get lynched.

Sorian

Banned
1 hour warning!

Current Vote Count:

Kalor (9)
Hipster Cthulhu
Roytheone
CrimsonFist
roytheone
Xamtheking
Bowlie
ScraftyDevil
EzekelRAGE
Xamtheking
Starsketch
Ri'Orius
Hipster Cthulhu

EzekelRAGE (6)
Cornburrito
squidyj
Zubz
Hipster Cthulhu
StanleyPalmtree
Kalor
Matt Attack

QuantumBro (1)
Xamtheking
Matt Attack
TheWorthyEdge
roytheone
EzekelRAGE

TheWorthyEdge (1)
Barrylocke

Cornburrito (1)
Starsketch
RobotNinjaHornets

Barrylocke (0)
RobotNinjaHornets
Cornburrito

Xamtheking (0)
squidyj
CrimsonFist

Hipster Cthulhu (0)
Kalor

Zubz (0)
CrimsonFist

Stanleypalmtree (0)
EzekelRAGE

RobotNinjaHornets (0)
CrimsonFist

Matt Attack (0)
CrimsonFist

Roytheone (0)
squidyj

11 votes are needed for majority

Day 1 ends in:
blu_1455746400.png

squidyj

I never really followed the play of wolf 2 and I'm not entirely following how this is relevant to understanding the current situation with Kalor.

Huh? No, Zipped had a role which specifically benefited from scum targeting him, and the way he played it led to him getting suspicion. Kalor has just pulled this as a gambit when he was about to get lynched.
IIRC Zipped said he had a bomb which would kill both him and whoever visited him, which turned out to be a lie

Why'd you decide you had to cancel this plan and admit you were an ordinary then?

roytheone

I could maybe see that gambit working if you manage a fake claim that scum would believe, but not with just hinting that you have a power.

So I'm not convinced by anything zeke has said because he has continued to fail to address my major concern while trying to cast as much dirt around as he can

That is not true at all, since I addressed it specifically, on several occassions.
How are they mutually exclusive? It was a little defensive, but not as defensive as both you and and CB are making it out to be. Extremely defensive? It really wasn't. On a scale to 1-10 it was a 2 at most. I figure, meh, I'll leave it as is and see what happens. Then comes CB with "that reads VERY defensive, We got SCUM GUIZ". I think he made the comment that being defensive AT ALL isn't pro town. Who wouldnt be a little defensive when being accused as scum?

As far as the comments about the gambit being weak/short. Ok maybe. It seemed best to respond since if you dont' ppl start calling you out for not responding. Sort of a damned if you do, damned if you dont thing.
"oh no he's mean about my gambit"
"oh no he's agreeing with cornburrito"
Nice to see that instead you of having a discussion about what I brought up, you just make sarcastic/funny remarks instead.

But these are two of your statements about the thing and you've completely failed to square the circle of their contradicting nature

so which is it Zeke? do you disagree about the defensiveness in the post or were you playing up the defensiveness as part of a gambit?

If you disagree about the defensiveness then how was it a gambit in the first place? If you disagree about the defensiveness why was your first reaction to call it a gambit?

If it was made to be purposely defensive why do you disagree about the defensiveness zeke? why do you think a mountain is being made out of a molehill if you made it to be purposely defensive?
These 4 statements are basically the same thing as your statement above. Again, this was addressed in my post above. So this big comeback post you had is a lot of fluff, snide remarks, and lies.

Crimson made a post about gettin all ur vote removed before you said anything. Probably thinking you had a power role and you said nothing. Also another failed gambit it seems, wonder what Squidy thinks about this one.

Top Bottom