• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Launch Trailer

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
https://gematsu.com/2019/01/ace-combat-7-skies-unknown-launch-trailer

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown is due out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 18, 2019, and for PC on February 1.

About
Putting gamers in the cockpit of the most advanced war planes ever developed, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown delivers a fierce air combat experience through photorealistic visuals, intense dog-fighting action, a multitude of authentic and futuristic aircraft to fly, an immersive storyline, and even virtual reality! Leveraging the power of the newest generation gaming consoles, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown will blow players away with the evolution of its graphics engine. Beautifully rendered cloud-filled skies and highly detailed cityscapes enhance the sense of unparalleled speed and set the stage for the most engaging aerial battles in the franchise’s storied 20 year history. ACe Combat 7: Skies Unknown will provide an arsenal of ultra-modern super weapons and formidable enemies that the series is known for.

Key Features
  • Unreal Engine 4 Technologies – Breathtaking clouds coupled with highly detailed aircraft and photorealistic scenery makes this the most engaging Ace Combat to date.
  • Dynamic Weather – Witness the sudden changes during your flight and strive to fight the environmental conditions to take advantage over your enemy.
  • Return to Strangereal World – The alternative Ace Combat universe composed of real-world current and near-future weapons, but with a history steeped in Ace Combat lore.

Many more recent trailers can be seen in this thread: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ace-combat-7-opening-movie-more-trailers.1470762/

Last edited:
Oh Im looking forward to this one, theres been nothing like it on the system so far. Last AC I played though was Assault Horizon on the 360. I really wish we had more flight sims like the PC does, there are some amazing games out there. Cautiously I'll wait for the reviews first and probably dip once the price drops which Im sure will happen very fast because its such a niche market on the consoles.

mejin

Seems like a solid game, but I'm not into it.

I mean I can understand why this genre is dead. Never had fun with it.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It's not dead though? Ever heard of War Thunder? >_>

More simy games on PC are still alive and thriving too, from DCS to IL2 Sturmovik.

Then there are even kinda long running series on mobile like Sky Gamblers.

Then there seem to also be enough money into the field to have quite a few wannabes from nobody devs at any one time.

Ace Combat may have been somewhat dead due to the last game wanting to be flight COD and failing at it but that's about it.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

No aspiring gaf fighter pilots I guess :(
Mate, pls. Add me if you want to play with an ace.

mcz2345.png

Ovek

7Member7
Gonna get this on PC but for some reason I have to wait another two weeks for it to be released. Sigh...

Ownage

This looks fun. Might be a good popcorn game post RDR2 and before Division 2 comes out. Sign me up.

GreatGreen

Neo Member
I'm looking forward to it.

I've had a great time with previous Ace Combat games and this one looks like it could be really good. We'll see!

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to buy it but fucking hell.. £50 (Steam) is a lot of money. £32.99 on cdkeys.com for PC is a bit better but it's still expensive. I'll wait to see some reviews and gameplay footage of the released version and info on DLC policies.

Last edited by a moderator:

V4skunk

Banned
It looks great and really fun to play. If I wouldn't be certain that it will be half the price in 4 weeks, I'd bite.
The price won't drop significantly for months, this game was always niche.
People who say they are waiting for reviews! AC7 is nothing like Assault Horizon, on that merit alone I was all in.

Last edited:

A.Romero

Dev diary!

It's very clear that graphis take a hit using VR. Still, I think it's worth it.

What are the chances of a VR mod on PC?

I love the series and I'm hyped as hell, I didn't finish Horizon so the last AC game that I fully played was the last entry for PS2.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Going to wait for VR impressions to decide on platform, but I'm definitely buying it. Fills a sadly neglected niche in modern gaming.

A.Romero

Amazon just notified that I won't be receiving the game until the 23rd... I'd cancel and purchase it on a retail store but I don't want to miss AC5 for PS2 and I'm not stupid enough to triple dip.

I'm tempted to grab this but I need to know.. Is there any kind of free flight / Take off / landing etc that's outside of mission boundaries. In other words could I treat it as an arcadey flight sim also?

nightfly

I have a question: Is this more arcadey or Sim like? Not really interested in doing a lot of sim like stuff just want to shoot and blow shit up.

Top Bottom