• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | February 2012 Thread | GraveRobber's Wrath: Reckoning

The Darkness II
Achievement list | Trophy list
  • Online achievements? Yes, co-operative play only
  • Estimated time-investment to complete: medium
  • Estimated difficulty: normal to hard

Asura's Wrath
Achievement list | Trophy list TBA
  • Online achievements? No
  • Estimated time-investment to complete: short
  • Estimated difficulty: easy to normal

Syndicate
  • Online achievements? Yes, co-operative play only
  • Estimated time-investment to complete: medium to long

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Achievement list | Trophy list
  • Estimated time-investment to complete: long

Binary Domain
  • Online achievements? Yes, vs. play
  • Estimated time-investment to complete: long

SSX
  • Online achievements? Yes, 1 (beat friends' high scores)
  • Estimated difficulty: normal

Twisted Metal
Trophy list TBA
  • Online achievements? TBA, probably yes
  • Estimated time-investment to complete: TBA
  • Estimated difficulty: TBA

Jak & Daxter Collection
Jak I Trophy list | Jak II Trophy list | Jak III Trophy list TBA
  • Estimated time-investment to complete: medium to long (3 games)
  • Estimated difficulty: easy to normal

Shank 2
  • Estimated time-investment to complete: short to medium

Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Achievement list

Not much concrete info is available on Vita trophies as of now. The big trophy websites don't categorize them like they do with their PS3 titles, because they can't verify trophy lists yet in an easy way. Some Vita users already contributed some screengrabs and lists below. More info should be available soon. For now, you can take a look at this. Any GAFers with a (Japanese) Vita can contribute if they want to. Close to release we'll probably see more info coming. I provided a clearer instruction on the PSV Trophies app from Sony's manual above for people who are not in the know yet. I'll also quote myself from last month's thread:

• Just so people know, not every Vita retail game has a platinum, case example being Touch My Katamari. (1 GOLD, 4 SILVER, 6 BRONZE)
  • Vita trophy list will probably stack with your PS3-titles, as is the case now with UMvC3. I assume the same will go for similar titles like Rayman Origins. The trophy list for UMvC3 is also the same as the PS3 one.

Below are a couple of links to forum posts of people who show off the trophy list for some titles. There might be spoilers, so be warned.

Welcome Park

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Touch My Katamari

Hot Shots Golf Next

Unit 13

FIFA Football

Super Stardust Delta

F1 2011

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND

Reality Fighters

Little Deviants

Ridge Racer

Dynasty Warriors Next

Dungeon Hunter Alliance

WipeOut 2048

PS3Trophies.org - Trophy guides, roadmaps

Xbox360Achievements.org - Achievement guides & roadmaps

PS3Trophies.com - Trophy guides & roadmaps, also has a wide selection of gamercards

TrueAchievements - Adjusts rarity and difficulty of each achievement to produce a "True Achievement" score.

Raptr - Tracks gaming activity on both console and PC

Playfire - Tracks gaming activity, analogous to Raptr

Steam Community - Tracks global Steam achievement stats

YourGamercards | Playstation.com | Xbox.com - Generate Gamercards

Exophase - Multi-system cards, PSN leaderboards, and trophy lists for every PS3 game.

Carl

Yay new thread. Thanks for adding me into post #2 :)

Shall try and platinum at least 2 games this month, like i did in January... Let's see how that goes, aha

GeoramA

DeathGazer.png

14th overall!

Tizoc789, we coming for you, nugga!

Joni

Got started on Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet. Trophies pop up fairly fast without doing anything special. Curious to see if I can finish it tomorrow.

Btw: do you need to update YGC cards yourself or is it enough to register?

No need to register for YGC, just fill in your name and auto generate a card. It will update automatically, as you can tell if you check post #2 multiple times a month

ScrubJay

I haven't gotten a trophy in a couple weeks. Been busy studying and playing MW3 multiplayer.

I got a gift card to use. I'm thinking of getting one of those HD collections like Prince of Persia or Sly Cooper to boost my trophy list. A couple of platinums for a low price seems like a good stress relief to me.

Going to continue working towards my Platinum for Skyrim, hoping the patch comes out before my game gets the lag of doom, at 8.2megs, I'm closing in.

Probably going to buy UFC3 when it comes out but know for sure I won't get Platinum via the "Play 500 Ranked Matches" trophy. Maybe a year ago I would have attempted it but there is no way being home with my baby daughter I'll have time for that. Games need to pause.

Other than that MIGHT get FFXIII-2 and will platinum that when I get it, if I don't I'll platinum Assassin's Creed:Revelations (already did the online portion.)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Btw: do you need to update YGC cards yourself or is it enough to register?

No it does it automatically

You can buy a premium membership if you want it, updates every 4 hours or something like that, close to everybody has basic, it takes 8+ hours for them to update your card, it's the most efficient we have

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SMH @ MW3 and Flood the Market. 9000/9201 left to complete and three mortar pops kill me. EVERYTIME I GET THAT FAR. FUCKING RAGE.

Derrick01

Banned
Looking forward to getting Reckoning's platinum. But hopefully I can finish Infamous 2 on hard first. I just entered Flood Town so I'm around 50-60% done, but once I'm finished I'll have my 2nd ever platinum! (god of war 3 is my only one right now)

Tizoc

No questions this time Pharma? Oh wells~

So my current gaming plan ATM-
1- Beat Mass Effect 2 and get as many trophies as possible
2- Get FF13-2 and play it while playing ME2. Aim to Plat. FF13-2 as well after beating it or in the near future
3- Consider replaying ME2 to get the Plat or a few more trophies
4- After beating ME2, play El-Shaddai and get as many trophies as possible
5- After finishing El Shaddai, start inFamous 2

I hope to do all that before March, mainly because I plan on getting Binary Domain+SFxT...as well as Yakuza DS \m/
which comes out by my b-day ;3
For that matter...maybe I'll play Yakuza 3 again and try to get some trophies I missed in my initial playthrough?

GraveRobberX

Pfff, Asura's platinum looks like the new Termination Salvation.

No, that would be Trine 2

Asura's has more cheevs/trophies, looks a little grindy

The reason Terminator Salvation is highly regarded as get that virtual bar filled up fast, was all the golds + time investment

No, that would be Trine 2

Asura's has more cheevs/trophies, looks a little grindy

The reason Terminator Salvation is highly regarded as get that virtual bar filled up fast, was all the golds + time investment

Trine 2 indeed. The reward:effort ratio is probably far higher than Asura. You don't even have to finish the game to get the plat. Also dat raining of Gold trophies....

Joni

No it does it automatically

You can buy a premium membership if you want it, updates every 4 hours or something like that, close to everybody has basic, it takes 8+ hours for them to update your card, it's the most efficient we have

No need to register for YGC, just fill in your name and auto generate a card. It will update automatically, as you can tell if you check post #2 multiple times a month

Good to know:

Carl

Playing Sly Raccoon at the moment! Should be done it quite quickly (thanks for pointing that one out GraveRobber)

SykoTech

Heh, I don't think I've gotten a single trophy since I posted in last month's thread. Just been replaying old stuff like Valkyria Chronicles and FFXIII (and still playing Marvel 3 of course).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So regarding Vita trophies, they are always going to have a stand alone trophy list even if there is a PS3 version? I'm a bit confused as to how some trophies will work for games that have some form of transfarring. I'm not even sure if there are any Vita games out yet that work like this?

I know this year's edition of the Show has cross-platform RTTS, Franchise and Season mode but how exactly would that work for trophies earned?

I3rand0

Got the Two Thrones platinum. 6 platinums in one month is something I don't think I could repeat again
unless I get laid off from work
. Waiting for FF XIII-2 now...

Carl

Hooray, Sly 1 platinum. That was far too quick and easy.

Hey GraveRobber. Out of curiosity, how many % does a full trophy list give you at level 28? :p Like, if you started out at Level 28 and 50% and then started a new game and platinum'd it, how many percent would you go up? Just curious

GraveRobberX

Hey GraveRobber. Out of curiosity, how many % does a full trophy list give you at level 28? :p Like, if you started out at Level 28 and 50% and then started a new game and platinum'd it, how many percent would you go up? Just curious

< 6-8% per game full retail game, psn games lesser, every level the percentage drops after surpassing 15, there's a curve with a nice upswing to achieve

I went from 88-97 Platinums I'm still level 28 (@93%, so that gives you a rough estimate)

Told you #1 was a cake walk, very enjoyable, #2 is decent but tries to evolve itself and some missteps , but starts getting a little tiring, #3 is just WTF! when will it finish

Joni

One level is 10.000 points, an average game is about 1250, so about 12,5%. The point value does differ from game to game.
* Corrected, I thought it was 8000 points. It is 10.000 already at that point.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
C'mon XIII-2, need to get trophies.

GraveRobberX

One level is 8000 points, an average game is about 1250, so about 15%. The point value does differ from game to game.

Yeah but the PSN levels increase to, requiring you to get more, take a look:

Bronze = 15pts, Silver = 30pts, Gold = 90pts, Platinum = 180pts

Level

LVL 1 = 0 pt (+200)
LVL 2 = 200 pt (+400)
LVL 3 = 600 pt (+600)
LVL 4 = 1,200 pt (+1200)
LVL 5 = 2,400 pt (+1600)
LVL 6 = 4,000 pt (+2000)
LVL 7 = 6,000 pt (+2000)
LVL 8 = 8,000 pt (+2000)
LVL 9 = 10,000 pt (+2000)
LVL 10 = 12,000 pt (+2000)
LVL 11 = 14,000 pt (+2000)
LVL 12 = 16,000 pt (+8000)
LVL 13 = 24,000 pt (+8000)
LVL 14 = 32,000 pt (+8000)
LVL 15 = 40,000 pt

Once you get to Level 20+ it's more 10,000/12,000-16,000/20,000

I mean a person with 150+ platinums may only get to level 35, while the #1 Team is @374 platinums and about to hit PSN level 64

I could've sworn the amount from level 16 onwards was basically the same for each. I noticed that a platinum would get me ~10% back then and I haven't noticed any changes now that I'm at level 25. I mean, I started Stranger's Wrath at Level 24 92% and at 80% trophy completion, I've reached level 25.

Anyway, could we have both achievement and trophy lists in the OP? Just seems strange to only have trophy lists when they're PS3 exclusive. And while some haven't been released yet, it wouldn't hurt adding them as they come out (Amalur's trophy list has been out for a while for instance).

And posting the Jak & Daxter trophy list without mentioning that it's only for the one game is a little misleading. Something like this would be good:
Jak & Daxter Trophy List
Jak II Trophy List TBA
Jak 3 Trophy List TBA

Otherwise, nice OP like always.

I could've sworn the amount from level 16 onwards was basically the same for each. I noticed that a platinum would get me ~10% back then and I haven't noticed any changes now that I'm at level 25. I mean, I started Stranger's Wrath at Level 24 92% and at 80% trophy completion, I've reached level 25.

Anyway, could we have both achievement and trophy lists in the OP? Just seems strange to only have trophy lists when they're PS3 exclusive. And while some haven't been released yet, it wouldn't hurt adding them as they come out (Amalur's trophy list has been out for a while for instance).

And posting the Jak & Daxter trophy list without mentioning that it's only for the one game is a little misleading. Something like this would be good:
Jak & Daxter Trophy List
Jak II Trophy List TBA
Jak 3 Trophy List TBA

Otherwise, nice OP like always.

This is how it works, you can use this calculator

Bronze Trophies are worth: 15 Points
Silver Trophies are worth: 30 Points
Gold Trophies are worth: 90 Points
Platinum Trophies are worth: 180 Points

Level 2 is at 200 Points
Level 3 is at 600 Points
Level 4 is at 1200 Points
Level 5 is at 2400 Points
Level 6 is at 4000 Points
After that it rises by 2000 for each level until level 12 at 16000 points
At level 13 it goes to 24000 and it increases by 8000 with each succeeding level.

I'll update your suggestions in the OP soon. Thanks for the feedback. Trophy lists for multiplatform titles are probably a good idea to see how the bronzes, silvers and golds are distributed.

Huh, alright so according to that, I was level 24 90% when I started Stranger's Wrath and by the time I platinum it, I'll be level 25 6%. Okay, I've no idea what's going on then. I can remember making far less progress from a platinum a couple of years ago but ah well, I don't really care about levels that much anyway.

It's shameful but I'm tempted to play a few games known for being easy 1000/1000. As a way to get me into the swing of things. Achievement hunting/whoring/collecting is all new to me.

Rockin a 3,500 gamerscore here :p. only recently been interested in aiming for achievements. Thus only recently focusing on my Xbox.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Just want to reiterate how much I love this thread/community. Everyone so friendly and helpin eachother with trophies, not being competitive or ego comparing.

Trying to finish up ever BF3 trophy except level 45 online before February. Also want to try and speed through Sly 1 plat before Feb. Otherwise workin on RE5 with my friend and probably gonna try 3D Dot Heroes for my big Feb plat.

Footos22

I made the wall. Yay, Epeen extend.

Just got 100% on beyond good and evil in 2 sittings. Wasn't as good a game as i remembered it from the ps2. Not to bothered about a sequel now as i was before.

Not sure whether to hold out for ff 13-2 or clear up some other games.
Playing xenosaga which i bought off the Us store. Up yours Europe for not getting this.
Its awesome. And trying to run through ff13 again just to get up to speed. platinumed it already so dont have to worry with sidequests etc.

Preordered a Vita after playing on it in gamestation. It was awesome. Really hyped for it now.
Uncharted looks glorious.

Doubt ill get any platinums this month unless i go for the red rings in sonic generations or play through uncharted 3 again.
Too many new games i want coming out but i must resist as my backlog is massive.

Joni

Once you get to Level 20+ it's more 10,000/12,000-16,000/20,000

I mean a person with 150+ platinums may only get to level 35, while the #1 Team is @374 platinums and about to hit PSN level 64
According to the calculator it is 10.000 at level 28 and stays at that for the rest of the time. If I look at my own score, for level 20 it is still 8.000. It becomes 10.000 to go from 26 to 27 apparantly. We should keep an eye on it to see if the calculations for higher levels are still correct.

Carl

< 6-8% per game full retail game, psn games lesser, every level the percentage drops after surpassing 15, there's a curve with a nice upswing to achieve

I went from 88-97 Platinums I'm still level 28 (@93%, so that gives you a rough estimate)

Told you #1 was a cake walk, very enjoyable, #2 is decent but tries to evolve itself and some missteps , but starts getting a little tiring, #3 is just WTF! when will it finish

Heh wow, that's not much.

Sometimes i think that you hit a brick wall with trophy levels - you're going through them fairly easily and then you just grind to a half and it takes several full lists to get through a level. But i kind of love that about it :D

Shall start Sly 2 later :D

RPG

Spent most of my gaming time over the weekend watching playing through Jurassic Park. Glad it was only a freebie thrown in with PSN+ renewal, because it's a poor excuse of a game...

Otherwise, still chipping away at Street Fighter IV; trying to finish the last of the non-trial challenges and maybe have a go at getting Gold in them, otherwise really aiming to finish the 365 Sunny Daze and Beat Gouken on Hardest as my last trophies before closing the game out.

Also popped Final Fantasy XIII back in and forgot how much I enjoyed the battle system. Wasn't planning on getting into an RPG phase quite yet, but it's so good I might have to push other stuff off while I get lost in it for a while.

Cornbread78

Is there a way to dash through the speed runs? I can't figure out how to beat the simple speed runs.

Jhriad

Nice OP. I didn't realize how decent the releases were this February. Maybe I'll get platinum #2 in February but probably not.

Coxy

Just platinumed Sonic Generations, will likely platinum Gundam Extreme vs shortly when I give up trying to do the 10 victories in a row :(

I'll probably go back and platinum Atelier Totori this month too

Christian

I haven't posted in here before, but I frequently read the threads and enjoy them quite a bit. It really is a great community.

I've owned a PS3 since it came out, but I've focused mainly on my Xbox 360 until December. I've had a blast earning trophies on the PlayStation, and I'm working on my 7th platinum right now. I just picked up the platinum in Assassin's Creed II a couple days ago. I'm slogging through Castlevania: Lords of Shadow now. I find it a chore, which is odd, because I really appreciate the setting and presentation, the gameplay, and the effort you can tell the developers poured into it. But it's dragging for me. I can't put my finger on why. I just finished the second chapter, and I've been told it picks up drastically from here on out, so here's hoping.

I'm pretty proud of the fact that I have 12 games on my trophy list, but I've platinumed half of them and am on my way to getting through another three (71% on ICO, working through Yakuza 3 and Castlevania). I want to finish CV, do my ICO speed run and get the pair of second playthrough trophies, then start Beyond Good & Evil HD and tinker with Yakuza. I don't really have any immediate must-buy games on my list. I'd like to snag Uncharted 3 if someone has a sale, and I have my eye on SSX and Yakuza DS.

theDeeDubs

Looks like a bunch of upcomming games I'm interested in have multiplayer trophies. I can understand The Darkness II but really bummed to see a reach level 50 online trophy for Binary Domain. Torn between playing while there is an actual community and waiting for a price drop for my new year's resolution.

Spwn

Haven't platinumed a game since Portal 2. Maybe I should start to fight my way to get the relatively easy Alice: Madness Returns plat one day.

GraveRobberX

Looks like a bit busier month.

360,PS3,Steam Combined
http://raptr.com/badge/a59d7944243f5dd9a0839a4bcbac737a/uc.png

I was about to say lol, 9633 cheevs + 1103 games owned/played... GOT DAMN!, just woke up lol

Took a break over the weekend to recharge myself

Watched all my DVR'ed shows, some of the Pro-Bowl, and feel ready to push it home and get the last gaming goal done

Top Bottom