• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | February 2012 Thread | GraveRobber's Wrath: Reckoning

RPG

Already started Amalur which is great. Seems like an easy plat but that persuasion trophy worries me..

I don't know how far you are, but I dropped 1 point in Persuasion and my odds went from 5% to 95%. Granted I'm only a few hours and a handful of sidequests in, but it seemed to make the difference so far.

Cudder

Platinumed Infamous 2 yesterday, great game. I'm getting started on Singularity, which I hope isn't too much of a bitch due to the online trophies.

daevv

Sat down today and got the last few achievements I needed in Godfather II for the 1000/1000. Also finished Magic 2012 100% on PS3. May go back and do the SP achievements in Lord of the Rings: Conquest tomorrow.

I'm waiting for the new Alan Wake instead of starting a new game in my backlog.

VCvOj.png

Footos22

Platinumed Infamous 2 yesterday, great game. I'm getting started on Singularity, which I hope isn't too much of a bitch due to the online trophies.

The on-line trophies are just grindy. Nothing to worry about, doubt there is much of a community on there now though so that would be the biggest problem.

Wasn't when i finished it about 8 months ago. So i just left it on 80% and was done with it.

Picked up ff 13-2 last night from tesco for under £20 so so much for my backlog, Ive started on that with cod classic on regular in between.

Tizoc

Heh managed to get a few Bronze trophies along the way, i was only aiming at getting the 'Upgrade all weapons' Gold trophy but managed to snag them.

That's about it for R&C4 for me...I feel burnt out by the series, but this is a fun game to play with friends offline or online. Platinuming it isn't difficult, just time consuming BTW, I'm just not in the mood =P

Jucksalbe

Banned
Got my FF XIII-2 platinum a few days ago. There are a few dumb trophies you have to grind but overall it was a lot of fun. Much better platinum than XIII's (which I still haven't got). Took me about 70 hours.

Jucksalbe.png

Christian

Just got the "Better Than Developers" trophy, and subsequently my platinum in Trine. I feel pretty good about beating the Tower on Very Hard without dying, but overall I don't feel much of a sense of achievement for clearing this game. I didn't love it. It felt more like a grind. Still chipping away at Castlevania. I have a handful of games coming from Amazon this week, including a PS Vita, so hopefully I'll have something new and fun to play while I continue to plow through CV... :////

How do you guys feel about this?

Paying for DLC that makes unlocking collectible trophies easier. Mmmmmm.... don't know what to think about that right now.

Shameless cash-in or viable alternative for people who care and don't want to spend a lot of time? Don't like this becoming a trend in the future if this makes devs put even more stupid grindy trophies in games.

EDIT: Although you could see it as a digital strategy guide, that way it isn't that horrible I suppose

EDIT 2: This could actually be an awesome alternative to strategy guides. Integrate that stuff directly into the game if you so desire. I wish I could put the roadmap from the official FFXIII-2 guide in the game like that.

Guess I 180'd on this subject in like 2 minutes :D

Cudder

How do you guys feel about this?

Paying for DLC that makes unlocking collectible trophies easier. Mmmmmm.... don't know what to think about that right now.

Shameless cash-in or viable alternative for people who care and don't want to spend a lot of time? Don't like this becoming a trend in the future if this makes devs put even more stupid grindy trophies in games.

EDIT: Although you could see it as a digital strategy guide, that way it isn't that horrible I suppose

EDIT 2: This could actually be an awesome alternative to strategy guides. Integrate that stuff directly into the game if you so desire. I wish I could put the roadmap from the official FFXIII-2 guide in the game like that.

Guess I 180'd on this subject in like 2 minutes :D

The only time I paid for DLC to get a trophy easier was in Dead Space. I beat the game on the hardest difficulty and it did not give me the trophy for it. It was literally the only time when a trophy just 100% glitched out on me. I didn't use cheats or anything on the playthrough too.

So I bought a weapon/suit pack or something from the store to make the next playthrough a bit easier.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
HHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLYYYY

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Nightwing Campaign Challenges Complete - 120/120
(Hallelujah!)

Nightwing DLC complete

New Game+ Remain from 100th Platinum, just need to get Rocketbirds done first

Mother of God, 2 weeks on those FUCKING CHALLENGES

FUCK YOU NOLAN NORTH!, after hearing your One-Liners High Pitch Drake style for the umpteenth thousand time, finally some golden silence

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

It's over, my Nightmare is finally over, I was having fucking dreams about challenges ; ;, my ears ringing with Bat Grapples, Swishing Bat-a-rangs, and cocking of guns due to those mods that open up the gun boxes

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

Stats:

fOMM3l.jpg

xu1Pxl.jpg

KOWrbl.jpg

3NxtVl.jpg

cifrJl.jpg

USigKl.jpg

3hUaGl.jpg

Me feeling right now:

8yLBZl.png

Risgroo

Holy shit, great job man! I'll try the campaigns some day, but I just can't gather the strength at the moment, lol. Will you still be going for trophies once you hit 100 plats?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Holy shit, great job man! I'll try the campaigns some day, but I just can't gather the strength at the moment, lol. Will you still be going for trophies once you hit 100 plats?

Yeah, but I will be scaling down the trophy collecting to a point

Got my gaming milestones (almost) achieved

PSN level 25+ (@ lvl 29, 16%), 5,000+ trophies (@ 6,216), 100 platinums (@ 98)

The BEST part, Batman and all DLC combined roughly cost me $35

Black Friday Best Buy Batman AC for $29.99, got Catwoman + Robin DLC free
Got a $5 coupon for Best Buy fucking up shipment, used on their DLC PS3 website, got Nightwing DLC for $1.99 LOL

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I don't know how far you are, but I dropped 1 point in Persuasion and my odds went from 5% to 95%. Granted I'm only a few hours and a handful of sidequests in, but it seemed to make the difference so far.

I'm only a few hours in as well, only at the first town, but yeah with my racial bonus and a point in persuasion everything is 95%. I hear no matter what by the end of the game stuff is around 50/50, I just hope I have the presence of mind to save often enough to make sure I don't miss a few persuasion attempts. Why can't the just give you a proper stats screen in this game..

crispyben

Platinum #4 in February and #16 overall is Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. It takes the cake as my slowest Platinum yet, since my first trophy ever was earned on September 14, 2008 playing that very game! So a little over 3 years and 5 months in the making :)

Getting through Crushing wasn't as hard as I feared, though I did cheese my way out of some gunfights. It mostly showed me how UC2 and UC3 are leaps and bounds ahead of this game which doesn't hold up so well technically. Still a fun ride though.

grandben.png

storl026

#3 Platinums for February 2012:

Batman - Arkham Asylum [finally got around to doing the combat and predator challenges]
God of War - Chains of Olympus
God of War - Ghost of Sparta

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
LOL just before 100 plats GraveRobber gets banned.

Oh the irony of the thread title.

Came to post this..just saw what happened in the PSN thread. Sigh. Was just talking to him this morning about completing Batman too. Such a waste. But man..he sure got angry..

RPG

My Vita should arrive this evening w/ Hots Shots and Uncharted so I can start chipping away at those. Saw that the Vita Plants vs. Zombies release has 3x more trophies (and a plat.) than the PS3 release, I think I might, uh *counts* quintuple dip on it.

Yeah, im going though the Sly 3 challenges right now to try and wrap up the platinum to complete the collection but I don't think I want to finish them....I think I will have to move on to Infamous.

Nori Chan

100% Sonic Generations last week and GF is sending me Catherine.

Was really hoping for ME2 but whatevs. How difficult is it to 100% (360 if it makes any difference)

ScrubJay

I had no intention of doing it but I got the platinum trophy in Alpha Protocol. It's really a game that encourages you to play it different ways over and over, so what looked like a grind at first glance ended up being a very enjoyable experience. The actual gameplay isn't so hot but seeing the little ways the story changes with each decision is something really unique.

BHK3

Banned
Twisted Metal's online has its dead moments in the wee hours in the morning so I booted up the free copy of Comix Zone and 100% that. Hard but so much fun. I'm not looking forward to doing streets of rage or sonic the hedgehog.

Returners

Returners.png

Working on Vita titles mainly, too bad it doesn't show up on the card itself.

Uncharted: GA is done, good game to get trophies in, took me maybe 15~ hrs.

Then right into PvZ Vita, that platinum takes time and patience.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Got MotorStorm RC via Gamestation coming soon, two trophy lists and Platinum Trophies (if I ever pick up a Vita) for under £5 would be a crime to miss.
Also looks like it plays like the old MicroMachine games which were a blast back in the day, hopefully it is good fun, people seem to like it.

Finally Platinumed Skyrim too, running around doing all the Daedric Quests in a row and other little things that took a a bit of time was starting to become a chore, I should have planned getting the platinum trophy better beforehand really.

What PSN thread?
LOL just before 100 plats GraveRobber gets banned.

Oh the irony of the thread title.
Came to post this..just saw what happened in the PSN thread. Sigh. Was just talking to him this morning about completing Batman too. Such a waste. But man..he sure got angry..

Hot damn, what did he do? lol.

I3rand0

Just finished Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. I want to get the DLC, but don't feel like dropping $20 on it. Hopefully it will go on sale before 3 comes out.

Steve can you add my Xbox card for next month's topic por favor?

I'm an expert

Hot damn, what did he do? lol.

He was angry about the store not updating and was saying some pretty dumb things about Grace Chen. Lawl internetz and stuff, but sometimes you can't help but shake your head at the ridiculous sexist shit that comes out of guys' mouths. Looks like his ban was a perm too, so let's pour one out for him.

Bout 10 hours into Amalur now and it's clicking for me, also haven't failed any persuasions or dispels yet so I think the plat is clear in sight (after another 50-60 hours probably). And still slowly but surely grinding away at BF3.. level 36..almost..

Christian

Can I say, I think it's bullshit that your PSN trophy list shows that you haven't acquired downloadable content trophies and affects your game percentage, even if you don't OWN the downloadable content. I know this has probably been complained about ad nauseum, but I have to express my irritation.

Joni

Can I say, I think it's bullshit that your PSN trophy list shows that you haven't acquired downloadable content trophies and affects your game percentage, even if you don't OWN the downloadable content. I know this has probably been complained about ad nauseum, but I have to express my irritation.
It is the reason why I don't install patches on singleplayer-games if they have DLC. That way the internal trophy list stays empty. I like the Vita approach for this problem. Just seperate them in the menu.

He was angry about the store not updating and was saying some pretty dumb things about Grace Chen. Lawl internetz and stuff, but sometimes you can't help but shake your head at the ridiculous sexist shit that comes out of guys' mouths. Looks like his ban was a perm too, so let's pour one out for him.

Bout 10 hours into Amalur now and it's clicking for me, also haven't failed any persuasions or dispels yet so I think the plat is clear in sight (after another 50-60 hours probably). And still slowly but surely grinding away at BF3.. level 36..almost..

Not perm from what he said. One month ban.

Just finished Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. I want to get the DLC, but don't feel like dropping $20 on it. Hopefully it will go on sale before 3 comes out.

Steve can you add my Xbox card for next month's topic por favor?

Will do.

Also, you better buy the Shadow Broker DLC !

I was going to buy the N7 Collector's Edition for ME3, but I'm getting pretty sick of all the pre-order DLC shenanigans Bioware is pulling. I decided to go for the regular game+Limited Edition Strategy Guide instead.

Also, this month I built a new gaming PC. Took it for a spin with Darkness II, Amalur and probably Syndicate soon. MotioninJoy+DS3+1080p 60fps goodness is too good to pass up, not even a Platinum trophy will beat that.

Vita is also getting some love. Currently enjoying Uncharted and replaying Rayman.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So next month's OT title would be about 100 plats for GraveRobberX and his ban? :p

Christian

I "earned" the platinum in the first Sly Cooper game a couple of nights ago. The easiest game I've 100%'d by far, but I kind of appreciated that it didn't make me replay the levels three times or have difficulty trophies that didn't stack, etc. It was a nice, stress-free distraction. I'm 85% through the minigames, and I've gotten about 13% of the trophies in Sly 2.

I'm really making progress in Castlevania, and I'm hoping to finish it before the month's out. I have 52% of the trophies, but I don't have any of the DLable content, so I only have to go to like 78 or 79% for the platinum. I only have four more chapters worth of trials. I'm doing all the trials on Paladin difficulty, too, so when I finish those, I'll get the last two difficulty trophies and the 110% trophy, and I'll be done. I might even try to push through it tonight, because I have a rare day off tomorrow.

And I started Welcome Park on my Vita. :) Good times.

Bladenic

#3 Platinums for February 2012:

Batman - Arkham Asylum [finally got around to doing the combat and predator challenges]
God of War - Chains of Olympus
God of War - Ghost of Sparta

How are the trophies for Chains and Sparta compared to GoW 1 and 2?

RPG

Yay. Completed Jak 3, done with the collection. 3 was a definite improvement over 2 and the missions were as mind numbingly tedious either...

Now just playing my Vita and waiting for Asura's Wrath to arrive this week.

How are the trophies for Chains and Sparta compared to GoW 1 and 2?

Pretty similar IIRC. The majority of them are story-related and then you have the standard difficulty and combo ones. I recall there being some easily missable ones in Ghost of Sparta though (like intentionally not continuing the story for a minute.) Overall though, if you completed GoW 1 & 2 these shouldn't pose any issue.

Footos22

Footos is going to overtake me very soon. Damn it!

I am?!?,

I've hardly touched my PS3 for the last week, Uncharted and all those demos on vita taking up what little time ive had as my kids are both ill so demand attention every 10 mins. just an hour or so of ff13-2 and a bit of Motorstorm RC on my vita. Got my Plat on call of duty last week though yay, hilarious when you can finish it on normal in about 3 hours after the hell that is veteran. Thats 2 this month.
Gonna try and get Aragorns quest done by Thursday. 3 Plats in a month is good going :D

Yay me

I'm an expert

I'm 348/350 with the shards in inFAMOUS -_-

Platting that game is the reason why I never bothered with orbs and shit in Prince of Persia 2008 or Enslaved, both games with my only remaining trophies being that garbage. Infamous even did it right by having the radar on L3, but when you're down to a few you have no choice but to spam it like a moron all over the world, it's simply not fun. I have no shame about not bothering with that stuff even if it costs me the plat. If you give me the locations on a map like Batman, and make it a bit of fun, again like Batman, I'm in. Otherwise, eff that noise.

theDeeDubs

February Achieve Trophy Progress:

Mass Effect 2- Platinum

The Darkness II- Platinum

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood- 835/1000 GS. Got in the mood to give my Xbox some love lately. Knocked out all the single player achievements for this and a couple online ones.

Now playing:

Final Fantasy XIII- Really enjoying FFXIII this time around. It will be put on hold though since I'm getting Syndicate and Binary Domain this week.

Christian

I did it! Castlevania platinumed, and it feels good, man.

February Progress
Assassin's Creed II - Platinum
Trine - Platinum
Sly Cooper & the Thievius Raccoonus - Platinum
Castlevania - Platinum
Beyond Good & Evil HD - 100%
Welcome Park - 100%

Currently playing:
Sly 2: Band of Thieves - Sitting at 12%
Mutant Blob Attacks - At around 15% complete

orion434

In preperation for Mass Effect 3 I finally finished my Insainty run in ME2 for my 137th Complate game. I started Soul Calibur V and I'm already at 40/50 Achievements.

Top Bottom