• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Acquire is considering a Tenchu revival on PS5

Enzo88

"The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu includes a new interview with Acquire president Takuma Endo, who teases a potential revival of the Tenchu series and the launch of a new indies brand by the end of 2021.

Here are the notable tidbits:

• The “Stealth Assassin” trademark registered by Acquire in Japan back in August 2018 was only registered because it expired.
  • While it is currently difficult, Endo would like to create a new Tenchu from the ground up for the PlayStation 5 generation if the possibility arises. The “Stealth Assassin” trademark lays the groundwork."

Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2021/01/acq...ntial-new-stealth-ninja-game-new-indies-brand

I always loved the series and we don`t have that many stealth games around.

I hope they take a shot at it.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
"The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu includes a new interview with Acquire president Takuma Endo, who teases a potential revival of the Tenchu series and the launch of a new indies brand by the end of 2021.

Here are the notable tidbits:

• The “Stealth Assassin” trademark registered by Acquire in Japan back in August 2018 was only registered because it expired.
  • While it is currently difficult, Endo would like to create a new Tenchu from the ground up for the PlayStation 5 generation if the possibility arises. The “Stealth Assassin” trademark lays the groundwork."

Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2021/01/acq...ntial-new-stealth-ninja-game-new-indies-brand

I always loved the series and we don`t have that many stealth games around.

I hope they take a shot at it.

This was already posted here, and I'll mention the same thing I did back then.

This is misreported. This site loves to write articles from leaked summaries of Famitsu from a Japanese blog that has no real care about being accurate, which means that it often spreads partial or inaccurate information just to publish it a few hours earlier. This is one of these cases.

I read the actual interview on Famitsu, and Endo-san doesn't say he wants to revive the Tenchu series (as a matter of fact, he can't. The IP belongs to FromSoftware.) or create "a new Tenchu."

He said he'd like to recreate a stealth ninja game from the ground up for the PS5 generation, which indicates some sort of successor of the Tenchu series, but obviously with differences, and it wouldn't be a Tenchu game or a Tenchu revival at all.

It's funny how this site keeps publishing false info from that Japanese blog without even verifying them on Famitsu when it does comes out (and is available to everyone digitally). The famous "restricted boobs" for Tifa quote about FFVII remake was one of these.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
You know when you start typing a thread title and it pops up threads with similar titles? That’s to avoid reposts like this.

Boss Mog

I don't even know how it's possible to post threads that have already been posted anymore since it now tells you if similar threads have been posted.

Geki-D

Banned
Isn't Sekiro considered to be the Tenchu revival by From Software?
Tenchu was pretty much meant to be a "ninja simulator" being, limited to the tech available at the time, a realistic stealth game. So nothing like Sekiro. Though sadly I imagine if they did reboot Tenchu they would indeed just make another Sekiro game.

Enzo88

This was already posted here, and I'll mention the same thing I did back then.

This is misreported. This site loves to write articles from leaked summaries of Famitsu from a Japanese blog that has no real care about being accurate, which means that it often spreads partial or inaccurate information just to publish it a few hours earlier. This is one of these cases.

I read the actual interview on Famitsu, and Endo-san doesn't say he wants to revive the Tenchu series (as a matter of fact, he can't. The IP belongs to FromSoftware.) or create "a new Tenchu."

He said he'd like to recreate a stealth ninja game from the ground up for the PS5 generation, which indicates some sort of successor of the Tenchu series, but obviously with differences, and it wouldn't be a Tenchu game or a Tenchu revival at all.

It's funny how this site keeps publishing false info from that Japanese blog without even verifying them on Famitsu when it does comes out (and is available to everyone digitally). The famous "restricted boobs" for Tifa quote about FFVII remake was one of these.
Sorry did not realize it was already posted.

I guess i should start buying famitsu again myself XD

Barnabot

No controller gimmick bullshit. Also bring back Rikimaru and Ayame. Also bring local coop. It doesn't hurt anyone's feelings to have local coop.

Top Bottom