• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

LiK

I don't know how people here finish games like Persona so fast. Doesn't that mean you played around 45 hours a week o_O

I was sick for 3 days straight so that helped, lol. I played a few hours a night since launch. Final playtime was 90 hours.

I'm normal. Some Gaffers got Platinum last week. Not even sure how they played 150 hours of it.

NEO0MJ

Better step it up! I was also worried about spoilers so my entire focus was on P5. I even stopped playing Zelda.

I have it but I'm focusing on Total War Warhammer. Plus I hate playing RPGs on consoles. Wish the game was ported to Switch but there's nothing I can do about that.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I mean it's like his ROTJ costume it isn't his ROTJ costume. All black and a cloak type deal if leaks are correct.

And darker overall. In Jedi it went black -> medium gray -> brown. In this one it's just black -> dark gray. (like Lego Batman!)

WolfStark

She won the fan poll last year.

A rigged poll, to be honest and not a Trump rigged but really rigged poll. The real winner was Darth Talon followed by Mara Jade. It was a pretty sad thing, at first Talon was clearly on top but then this boring guy from the The Force Unleashed leaped magically forward. The manipulation was as clear as day with sudden and huge chunks of votes. After some time there was a Jaina Solo hardcore fangroup somewhere on reddit/4chan/facebook fueled by a Jaina voice actress or something like that, who manipulated the vote even further, now in favour to Jaina Solo, who also got sudden, huge chunks of votes. In the end the TFU manipulators fought the Jaina Solo manipulators with the last winning the poll. In the end I am still happy that Jaina won, instead of a boring, bald standard male hero but Hasbro didn't used any real safety measures and they behaved like nothing really happened.

Yarbskoo

Well, I got one of those Jakks Nintendo figures. The joints are kinda rubbery and awful and don't hold a pose too well, and I'd replace it with a figma with no hesitation, but I'd say it's actually pretty decent for 10 bucks.
C8wPy09.png
krQLrXL.png

0ScvHVg.png
9lMuI06.png

Zombine

Banned
All I wanted to salvage from the old EU was Jaina Solo and Mara Jade. The rest of it can burn, honestly. Though I wouldn't have minded Tenel Ka or Tahiri, either.

I still think there will be some mention of Mara Jade in a flashback. I think she'll get killed at Luke's temple. They'll let books and comics fill in the blanks.

Hey guys, thoughts on Hot Toys Thanos? I really want to pick him up but I'm positive we'll get an updated version next year or so with the next Avengers movie.

NEO0MJ

So my big Celebration pickup was totally random but also pretty amazing.

The paint work is seriously the best on any figure that I own, it's just gorgeous. ThreeA did a killer job on it.

Non-transforming Transformers are one of those​ things that are iffy to me. It's just...Wrong.

At the time of this post there is a Metal Build F91 up for preorder at BBTS.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN17322&mode=retail

Picked up, but not sure if I'll even buy it.

Non-transforming Transformers are one of those​ things that are iffy to me. It's just...Wrong.

I might transform a MP Transformer once when I first get it but it stays in robot mode from that point forward. So having hyper detailed non-transforming action figures, especially with Bayformers stuff that can't accurately exist if it's transformable, is fine by me. With how impressed I am with the movie Optimus I'll probably end up grabbing their G1 version too.

NEO0MJ

that could possibly be my friend's pre-order he just dropped bc i sold him my extra i had @ hlj.

Probably not, considering you can still preorder ;p

Chances are they got another shipment, but will be more careful in selling it. Any cancelled preorders are just a bonus.

I might transform a MP Transformer once when I first get it but it stays in robot mode from that point forward. So having hyper detailed non-transforming action figures, especially with Bayformers stuff that can't accurately exist if it's transformable, is fine by me. With how impressed I am with the movie Optimus I'll probably end up grabbing their G1 version too.

Same here, it's just one of those things I have an irrational reservation about, like non combining​ toys of combining mechas. I was so confused whether to go with the max factory or CM version​ of Goagaigar I ended up missing on both ;-;

dankir

Finally got my Hot Toys Antman and Black Panther from Civil War.

The detail on the Black Panther figure is amazing. But my god the articulation is so ass, like the worst I've seen because of limiting the suit is.

I keep picturing all these cool poses I want to try it out and then I realize that I'll just have to leave him in the museum pose.

:(

Finally got my Hot Toys Antman and Black Panther from Civil War.

The detail on the Black Panther figure is amazing. But my god the articulation is so ass, like the worst I've seen because of limiting the suit is.

I keep picturing all these cool poses I want to try it out and then I realize that I'll just have to leave him in the museum pose.

:(

Black Panther's suit isn't restrictive at all? I settled on a fighting stance for him yesterday but I was getting pretty crazy. Only thing remotely restricted was the outward movement at the hips, but I was able to work around that. Did you think that HT Deadpool and BvS Batman had bad articulation too? Cause I think he's on par with them.

dankir

Black Panther's suit isn't restrictive at all? I settled on a fighting stance for him yesterday but I was getting pretty crazy. Only thing remotely restricted was the outward movement at the hips, but I was able to work around that. Did you think that HT Deadpool and BvS Batman had bad articulation too? Cause I think he's on par with them.

Maybe because the suit needs to get worn in a bit more. I don't have Deadpool yet but will pick him eventually.

I only have the Armored Batman figure from BvS and haven't opened him yet. Still want to the get the regular Batfleck and knightmare figure as well.

NEO0MJ

did you take one? i know you were asking haloid for his f91 pre-order =) if you did, congrats!

I did, but to be honest I don't think I'll actually buy it. I'm just not a big fan of F91. I'll probably offer it here for anyone that might want it later.

Now, Megatron? Yeah, I'd like to buy that. But I was so hesitant ( and angry about the excess plastic parts that add to the cost) that I missed the chance to get one without the plug.

I did, but to be honest I don't think I'll actually buy it. I'm just not a big fan of F91. I'll probably offer it here for anyone that might want it later.

Now, Megatron? Yeah, I'd like to buy that. But I was so hesitant ( and angry about the excess plastic parts that add to the cost) that I missed the chance to get one without the plug.

if you somehow decide on keeping it and plan to display it, the F91 is undersized compared to Seven Sword or strike freedom. i posted a few scaled image comparison and an asian review of a guy sizing it up next to strike freedom.

yeah i would personally see if the market for these are hot before deciding to drop or keep it. if it's in demand, you can use it a trade fodder for what you want. so far in Japan it's been hovering around 23000-24000yen on the secondary market. but stock is depleting and currently only 72 listings where a month ago it was over 150 to 200 listed. it's possible this will take a bit to shoot up but it's so far looking promising based on F91 being sold out everywhere with Japan online retailers.

i know strike freedom was sold out right away in Japan but pre-orders in the U.S. took a while to sell out... but look at the market now, it's freaking 500 new and 400 used.

(i grabbed 3x strike freedoms) so theoretically that's about 750 profit in less than a year of waiting.

definitely grab Seven Sword. though it's a reprint and may take a bit to get back up to the 1k pricing, the demand is pretty big for it looking at the current yahoo japan listings.

NEO0MJ

So when is the Riobot Mazinkaiser's reissue happening?

Seems it might have already went up on some places. Best place right now seems to be NY.

definitely grab Seven Sword. though it's a reprint and may take a bit to get back up to the 1k pricing, the demand is pretty big for it looking at the current yahoo japan listings.

Eh, don't like anything from 00 other than the Flag family. I don't want to buy anything just for the sake of reselling it later, doesn't sit well with me.

- J - D -

SH Figuarts Rocket, Baby Groot, Starlord 3-figure set!*

2 head sculpts for Rocket! Alternate Ravager outfit for Groot!

Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-SH-Figuarts-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol-2-Star-Lord-Rocket-Raccoon-Groot-Teaser-01.jpg

Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-SH-Figuarts-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol-2-Star-Lord-Rocket-Raccoon-Groot-Teaser-03.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

*Tamashii Soul Web Exclusive.
gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

NEO0MJ

What the. Hot Toys didn't get him? The sculpt looks good tho.

Hot Toys doesn't care about him. Considering how much trouble they have getting the main characters out I doubt they'd waste time making a toy for a throwaway villain no one remembers.

How do those companies get away with releasing their unofficial toys, anyway? I know Hasbro let 3rd parties be because they don't compete directly and even help them gauge demand but I can't imagine Marvel/Disney staying quiet.

Top Bottom