• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Neca's been improving in terms of build quality I've heard, though I haven't been in this game long enough to know by how much. I have that Robocop you mentioned and it's been fine so far.

Ah, thanks. Which version of RoboCop do you have, by the way?

I know that there's one based on the first movie, a battle damaged one, a RoboCop 3 figure, and then the video game ones.
81ejmqklHSL._SL1500_.jpg
41M%2BP%2B%2BcyoL.jpg
81F0EmuYZWL._SL1500_.jpg
41rfjN0PwGL.jpg
71Vf6bca4XL._SL1500_.jpg
81YpTVwkj3L._SL1500_.jpg

I was thinking about picking up the one from the third movie since it's identical to the original movie's figure aside from a new paint job and extra accessories, and goes for way less. I'm not sure if I'll pick up any of Neca's video game figures based on movies, as the paint jobs look a bit odd to me. Maybe if they look better in person...

Oh, yeah, I used to have these RoboCop: The Series figures as a kid. I used to play with them a lot.

- J - D -

Ah, thanks. Which version of RoboCop do you have, by the way?

I know that there's one based on the first movie, a battle damaged one, a RoboCop 3 figure, and then the video game ones.

I was thinking about picking up the one from the third movie since it's identical to the original movie's figure aside from a new paint job and extra accessories, and goes for way less. I'm not sure if I'll pick up any of Neca's video game figures based on movies, as the paint jobs look a bit odd to me. Maybe if they look better in person...

Oh, yeah, I used to have these RoboCop: The Series figures as a kid. I used to play with them a lot.

I have the first and third Robocop. Honestly yeah I'd just go with the Robocop 3 figure. The newer paint job on that one is nice and has more blue shading on it than the first, which was a flatter grey than I think it should've been. I haven't unboxed the third one but I know that it's functionally the same as the first.

I've been eyeing the video game version but I just can't quite pull the trigger on it. I never played the games and I'm not sure I need another neca Robo. I've seen the box in comes in though and it's really nice. It's an homage to the old video game box from that era.

Those old figures look cool. I wish there was an accurate police cruiser to scale with the neca figure.

I'm sorry if this isn't the correct thread for this, but is anyone interested in buying a used ThreeA Metal Gear Ray? I got it a couple of months ago, but I'll be moving out after September and don't really wanna bother moving it. It's used as I said, but it's been sitting on the shelf basically untouched since I bought it. It's like new.

3a-metal-gear-600x351.png

if the shipping dosnt blow things up sure

Didn't find any of the Neca figures I wanted. Or any of the other stuff I was looking for today, figures and otherwise. I did end up getting the Disney Store exclusive Darth Vader Elite Premium figure, though, since it was on sale for 50% off. He came out to about $17.50 before tax. He's pretty awesome.
My younger brother got lucky and found a whole bunch of Marvel Legends figures he wanted, though.

Didn't find any of the Neca figures I wanted. Or any of the other stuff I was looking for today, figures and otherwise. I did end up getting the Disney Store exclusive Darth Vader Elite Premium figure, though, since it was on sale for 50% off. He came out to about $17.50 before tax. He's pretty awesome.

My younger brother got lucky and found a whole bunch of Marvel Legends figures he wanted, though.

wow for 17 bucks that's pretty awesome =) nice grab!

LiK

Hot Toys keeps unveiling thse Roppongi edition Iron Man figures. Don't know the differences though.

17353644_1308170699261815_1679829206496709055_n.jpg

Yea, what's the difference? Maybe it's just box packaging. Man, they're really milking the shit outta Iron Man. Sometimes I forget they make other IPs.

- J - D -

Any big Judge Dredd fans here have both the Mezco one:12 Dredd and the 3A Dredd? Any thoughts? I'm choosing between one or the other.

edit: or those who don't know anything about Dredd also please chime in. on how these look.

Any big Judge Dredd fans here have both the Mezco one:12 Dredd and the 3A Dredd? Any thoughts? I'm choosing between one or the other.
I don't know which is which, but just based on looks alone, I think the one on the right is nicer. The zipper on the left is just ridiculous at that scale.

- J - D -

I don't know which is which, but just based on looks alone, I think the one on the right is nicer. The zipper on the left is just ridiculous at that scale.

Oh right my bad. The one on the left is the Mezco. The right is the 3A.

I agree about the zipper size, it's definitely not to scale. I'm also leaning towards the 3A one but I prefer the height/bulk of the Mezco.

edit: or those who don't know anything about Dredd also please chime in. on how these look.

I've thought about getting that 3A figure before. But just never pulled the trigger. It just looks better. The clothes on the Mezco look off. Like a lot of cloth goods at this scale, they're too big. Plus that zipper is comically big.

Revan is gonna be getting full solid cases in the next few months so everyone should be able to get him. I got my two back when BBTS had preorders tho. Ya'll slacking.

NEO0MJ

Haloid doesnt have control over much. To be fair I am in AmiAmi figure debt because of you. Lmao

Just learn to ignore the voices telling you to buy more. When He tried to tempt me with pictures of the toy I was about to cancel I just shrugged it off

giphy.gif

In fact, I cancelled it right there and then. Diggeh...

giphy.gif

Rootbeer

Banned
Any dc fans gonna pick this up? Releases in two days:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DCC12153&mode=retail

Note they have dramatically updated some of the figures, the promo artwork shown is very old for some reason. Reviews are starting to come out.

Look at how improved the Superman & Batman are from the first Icons versions they released dating back to Wave 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYpS3H7l7ls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGc2Z1BLz94

It's like night and day!

- J - D -

The one on the left is way better. Love that chunky look it has.

I do kinda like the chunky look as well. :/

I've thought about getting that 3A figure before. But just never pulled the trigger. It just looks better. The clothes on the Mezco look off. Like a lot of cloth goods at this scale, they're too big. Plus that zipper is comically big.

Yeah I think this was one of Mezco's earliest one:12 figures so they hadn't gotten the outfit scaling quite right. That zipper...is an eyesore.

Messi

Next month is the first payment for Hot Toys Harley and it doesn't stop until December when the final payment for Arkham Harley is released. Let's goooo

- J - D -

I gotta say I'm all aboard the Mezco one:12 train now after opening the Punisher I just got.

I am scared of this new reality because I feel like it'll just inevitably lead to me buying Hot Toys.

Bringing it to the new page. Everything that's been sold has shipped out. Hopefully those who bought from me will post up to prove that I'm a trustworthy seller.:)

I'm waiting on my sideshowfreaks activation to come through so I can cross post there but I'll keep offering up the stuff here until then. PM me if interested. Updated with pricing, too and keep in mind that I'm open to negotiation!

1/6th Scale Figures:

Hot Toys - Disney - Captain Jack Sparrow (With Telescope) 12-inch Figure - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - $325
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series - Superman 12-inch Figure - Sideshow Exclusive Version - $220
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series - Captain America 12-inch Figure - Captain America: The First Avenger - $210
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series - Babydoll 12-inch Figure - Sucker Punch - $200
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series - Batman - Bruce Wayne (Batman Begins) 12-inch Figure - $180
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series - Joker Collectible Figure (1989 Version) - $290
Star Wars 12-inch Figures - Boba Fett 12-inch Figure - Sideshow Exclusive Version - $200
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series T-800 Sixth Scale Figure (T2) - $250
Hot Toys DX Series The Joker DX 2.0 - Sixth Scale Collectible Figure - *SOLD!* - $325
Hot Toys DX Series Batman DX - The Dark Knight Rises - Sixth Scale Collectible Figure - *PENDING* $240
Hot Toys DX Series Bane - The Dark Knight Rises - Sixth Scale Collectible Figure - *PENDING* $220
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series Iron Man Mark VII Sixth Scale Figure EXCLUSIVE - The Avengers - $210
Hot Toys Thor 12-inch Figure (original Thor movie release) - $180
DC Comics Collectibles Selina Kyle / Catwoman Sixth Scale Figure - EXCL Version (TDKR) - $200
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series Black Widow Sixth Scale Figure - The Avengers - $190
Hot Toys DX Series T-800 Battle Damaged Version - EXCLUSIVE - DX Series Sixth Scale Figure (T2) - $325
DC Comics Collectibles The Joker - Sideshow Exclusive Sixth Scale Figure - $180
Star Wars Sixth Scale Figures Darth Vader Deluxe - EXCLUSIVE Sixth Scale Figure - $250
RoboCop - Hot Toys RoboCop MMS Diecast Sixth Scale Figure - Hot Toys - $275
Marvel Captain America - Stealth S.T.R.I.K.E. Suit Marvel Sixth Scale Figure - $200
DC Comics The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) DC Comics Sixth Scale Figure - $350
Back to the Future Marty McFly Back to the Future Sixth Scale Figure - $220
Transformers Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) Transformers Collectible Figure - $320
Star Wars Imperial TIE Fighter Pilot Star Wars Sixth Scale Figure - $180
Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper Star Wars Sixth Scale Figure - $200
Hot Toys Star Wars Boba Fett Deluxe Version Star Wars Sixth Scale Figure - $260
Star Wars Scout Trooper Star Wars Sixth Scale Figure - $180
Hot Toys Star Wars Captain Phasma Star Wars Sixth Scale Figure - $170
Star Wars Imperial AT-AT Driver Star Wars Sixth Scale Figure - $210
Hot Toys Star Wars Kylo Ren Star Wars Sixth Scale Figure - $170
Hot Toys : Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T1000 1/6th scale Collectible Figure - $275
Art Figured Heavy Armored Special Cop 1/6th Scale Figure (Basically Judge Dredd from the Dredd movie) -*PENDING* $180
Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Snowtrooper - $150

Premium Format Statues:

Marvel Dr. Doom Marvel Premium Format(TM) Figure - $420
Pacific Rim Collectibles Gipsy Danger - Pacific Rim - $360
Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy Krueger Premium Format - $400
DC Comics Collectibles - The Joker Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Exclusive Version - $475
Hellraiser Pinhead Hellraiser Premium Format(TM) Figure - $480

1/4th Scale:

Enterbay Dark Knight Joker - *SOLD!* - $725

Vehicles:

The DeLorean Sixth Scale Collectible Vehicle - $690
The Tumbler Sixth Scale Collectible Vehicles (one wing on the backside is broken and has been super glued - obvious discount on that front) - *SOLD!* - $475

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Just learn to ignore the voices telling you to buy more. When He tried to tempt me with pictures of the toy I was about to cancel I just shrugged it off

giphy.gif

In fact, I cancelled it right there and then. Diggeh...

giphy.gif

don't try to hide your HLJ orders

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I would never do such a thing!

I'd send you a LINE message when you go to buy like two LEGO Modulars and a HT like a true bro...or maybe mid-ML 2.0 BackerKit

^ i choked on my food after i clicked =)

EDIT:

whoops! i missed this post while driving and just saw it when i got in. i think this is the proven piece. Entertainment Earth also has a 90 return. it's pretty flexible if you change your mind. 0 down, they don't charge until they ship, cancel pre-order anytime.
that Metal Build F91 is looking good to, it's coming out in 10 days.]

Id really like to get this but I gotta choose between this and the Metal Build F91 and I really like the F91! Will be on the lookout for your preorder links when it pops up :)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I-It's not like I had preorders or anything, b-baka!

all of which were reinstated immediately after the screenshot

NEO0MJ

In this day and age is it risk cancelling​ any preorder? David would laugh to death if he found out someone cancelled a Valkyrie for example.

But I think it's just that there aren't as many things that interest me these days. Mechas are unfortunately on a decline and other than the SOC Megazord (which like Lik said is on AmiAmi) I don't have anything on preorder. SOC Mazinkaiser might change that, though.

It's the head that really ruins it for me. I don't​ mind alien looking heads much but here it's unappealing.

Cool fighter mode, though.
the transformation is very very complicated. so i only ordered one. i don't think it'll be that hot.
In this day and age is it risk cancelling​ any preorder? David would laugh to death if he found out someone cancelled a Valkyrie for example.
especially if you fought and got in the 5 second pre-order window. why would you cancel it? =) probably better off looking yahoo japan actions and see the demand and sell it.

Id really like to get this but I gotta choose between this and the Metal Build F91 and I really like the F91! Will be on the lookout for your preorder links when it pops up :)
man. that ship might have possibly sailed... as Seven Sword was just announced and won't release till August so there's a small window. F91 it's been closed for months.
Outside of markups, there might be a slight chance a few places have cancelled pre-orders that may open up right around release day. so keep a look out as those go by within minutes.

other news:
FLARE Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q "Rei"
11,800 yen
October 2017
Eva Store exclusive comes with bonus face sculpt
5rObkmC.jpg

qTdsmDj.jpg

oLain5d.jpg

3BLDnhM.jpg

6hL8XqZ.jpg

eBNkSsp.jpg

BJf1qwh.jpg

UkpWJmm.jpg

Metal Build F91 option parts
priced 7560 yen
August 2017 release, same time as Seven Sword
i75hT9G.jpg

Macross Delta Mirage Jenius valk
VF-31C
pre-order begins in April
August release
Lo6c721.jpg

man. that ship might have possibly sailed... as Seven Sword was just announced and won't release till August so there's a small window. F91 it's been closed for months.
Outside of markups, there might be a slight chance a few places have cancelled pre-orders that may open up right around release day. so keep a look out as those go by within minutes.
]

Oh noes. I wonder how much aftermarkets gonna be on the F91..

dangeROSS

Note they have dramatically updated some of the figures, the promo artwork shown is very old for some reason. Reviews are starting to come out.

Look at how improved the Superman & Batman are from the first Icons versions they released dating back to Wave 1:

It's like night and day!

I am interested in the Icons line, and it's very nice to see that some things such as scale are finally being addressed by figures in this set.

So far I only have a Harley Quinn and Batman figure from the line and while both are nice, Batman broke almost right out of the box and I have been hesitant to dive back in after that. If things were a bit cheaper I would probably jump on it. I like the Superman, Batman, and Wonder-Woman from the new set. Although Batman's face looks off. And as sacrilegious as it is to say this - I wish they had kept the New 52 costumes for this boxset. I want to see some reviews on Flash and Green Lantern to see how they compare to previous versions.

From what I heard the Icons line is planning to change focus a bit and continue more as 2 packs or sets rather then release individual figures, correct? Bummer if true.

Oh noes. I wonder how much aftermarkets gonna be on the F91..
hmm... it's tricky to predict. we won't know until release day which is in a few days, 3/31. it's really extreme. if it's not in demand (edit: low print, these are in demand but the print number is the issue), you should still see it avail at retailers pretty easy. if it's sold out on launch day the price will shoot up 100 bucks within an hour. hlj sometimes opens up cancelled pre-orders orders right before release so keep an eye out there.

EDIT: sometimes looking at auctions in Japan can give a hint of what the demand is:
F91 listings in japan:
http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/...Metal+Build+f+91&fixed=0&sc_i=auc_sug&fixed=0

hmm... it's tricky to predict. we won't know until release day which is in a few days, 3/31. it's really extreme. if it's not in demand (edit: low print, these are in demand but the print number is the issue), you should still see it avail at retailers pretty easy. if it's sold out on launch day the price will shoot up 100 bucks within an hour. hlj sometimes opens up cancelled pre-orders orders right before release so keep an eye out there.

EDIT: sometimes looking at auctions in Japan can give a hint of what the demand is:
F91 listings in japan:
http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/...Metal+Build+f+91&fixed=0&sc_i=auc_sug&fixed=0

Okay thanks I will definately keep an eye out closer to release date. Id love to have this guy in my collection.

On another note just wanted to let everyone here know that Futurevoid is the truth! Recieved my Joker 2.0 and its flawless.Great communication and super fast shipping! thanks bro!

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/DjurxrR.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/qdSaXZP.jpg[/img]

- J - D -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYpS3H7l7ls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGc2Z1BLz94

It's like night and day!

No accessories. :p

Top Bottom