• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

NYCC-2017-Hasbro-Marvel-059.jpg
Psylocke has all her effect pieces, was already a purchase but now is a must own.

I have a way to keep Silk alive forever?!!!! Day -135

I'm assuming the unmasked portrait will be Sideshow exclusive like the masked head is for Gwen. Gwen is already up for pre-order, so hopefully Silk isn't far behind. They both around 15" tall, which is a pretty nice size. I think the days of 1/4 are winding down.

Messi

It's disturbing to think Messi could be that close to a celebrity if he was able to go.

:p

did you see the photo i left for you?

suprise pre-order tonight!
Rey version Ride Armor up on AmiAmi
RIOBOT 1/12 VR-052T Mospeada Ray(Pre-order)

wasn't even announced!
Imp4GDO.jpg

I hadn't seen that before but it's awesome. I'm on location in nyc to make sure Haloid doesn't get his Hulkbuster but I have tickets to see 1984 on Saturday night the second last night of the show.

:p

I hadn't seen that before but it's awesome. I'm on location in nyc to make sure Haloid doesn't get his Hulkbuster but I have tickets to see 1984 on Saturday night the second last night of the show.

oh nice you got tickets for the show =) i think they were like $150 each and the girl got a deal on it last weekend making it about 90. enjoy the show. i think there's no cameras allowed, but she took a quick pic at the end. (maybe it's allowed at the end? she wasn't sure)

Veedot

I'm assuming the unmasked portrait will be Sideshow exclusive like the masked head is for Gwen. Gwen is already up for pre-order, so hopefully Silk isn't far behind. They both around 15" tall, which is a pretty nice size. I think the days of 1/4 are winding down.

How much does exclusivity effect price? I much prefer Silk with the mask

How much does exclusivity effect price? I much prefer Silk with the mask

It usually doesn't, at least until later where the aftermarket is concerned. It's just incentive to order directly from Sideshow so you get an extra accessory or part you wouldn't get if you bought it elsewhere. If you order Silk direct from Sideshow before the exclusive editions sell out, you'll get both the masked and unmasked portraits.

SSC stuff is from Cali nice try tho. No creeping on Olivia.

Good thing the new aesthetic they're goiong for doesn't work for me at all. I only have to worry about SOC releases from the original movie.

This is kinda where I was leaning then I saw the trailer for the new movie and fuck I'm in.

LiK

Got a reply from F4F about my damaged reflector for my Okami statue.

Thank you for your inquiry.
We are sorry to hear that the reflector broke on its own. Please note that we cannot cover statues past the 30 day warranty. As a one time gesture of good will, we will send you a replacement reflector under the following conditions.

1. Thoroughly destroy the damaged Issun upon receiving the replacement within 5 days by pulverizing it. We need to be provided with a photo of the destroyed reflector from the first shipment with your authentication card beside the destroyed Issun. The destroyed reflector must not be disposed without prior notice from us.

2. We cannot cover the replacement if it is damaged during transit or if you are not satisfied with the replacement in any way.

3. We cannot cover the postage fee of 20 USD or any import charges if your package is taxed.

We will be collecting the shipping fee of 20 USD if you accept the terms and conditions above. We would also like a photo of the damaged part for our reference. Please do not forget to include your authentication card beside the damaged statue part. We look forward for your reply.

Yeesh, so they want me to destroy the old one AND pay for $20 shipping. Why do they care about the destroyed part? I guess people resold Issun on his own but still, making me pay for shipping and worrying about selling the old part.

Would've been a better policy if they simply had me take a pic of the damaged part instead of telling me to intentionally destroy the said part. Maybe I'll ask about that first. My Issun is perfect and if the replacement looks worse, I guess I would try to just tape up the damaged part and hope for the best.

NEO0MJ

This is kinda where I was leaning then I saw the trailer for the new movie and fuck I'm in.

You mean the teaser? Didn't care for it. They look too much like men is suits, like Master Chef from Halo.

Got a reply from F4F about my damaged reflector for my Okami statue.

Yeesh, so they want me to destroy the old one AND pay for $20 shipping. Why do they care about the destroyed part? I guess people resold Issun on his own but still, making me pay for shipping and worrying about selling the old part.

Would've been a better policy if they simply had me take a pic of the damaged part instead of telling me to intentionally destroy the said part. Maybe I'll ask about that first. My Issun is perfect and if the replacement looks worse, I guess I would try to just tape up the damaged part and hope for the best.

Just break the new one if it doesn't work out for you. They won't tell the difference ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

LiK

Just break the new one if it doesn't work out for you. They won't tell the difference ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

LMAO, oh snap, that's actually a good idea. Still gonna have to pay for shipping.

I'm wondering if they would blacklist me if I decide not to destroy the part, lol

LMAO, oh snap, that's actually a good idea. Still gonna have to pay for shipping.

I'm wondering if they would blacklist me if I decide not to destroy the part, lol

They'd probably just charge your card. Sideshow's policy is you have a certain number of days upon receipt of a replacement part/figure to send them proof that you destroyed it otherwise they charge the card on file for the order for either the part of the new figure.

LiK

They'd probably just charge your card. Sideshow's policy is you have a certain number of days upon receipt of a replacement part/figure to send them proof that you destroyed it otherwise they charge the card on file for the order for either the part of the new figure.

They def don't work that way. He didn't mention anything about charging me for anything if I didn't destroy it. What would he charge anyway? For the part?

They def don't work that way. He didn't mention anything about charging me for anything if I didn't destroy it. What would he charge anyway? For the part?

Yep. It's dumb but that's how most places requesting the parts be destroyed work. Sideshow used to take people's word for it but in the last year they want photographic proof.

LiK

Yep. It's dumb but that's how most places requesting the parts be destroyed work. Sideshow used to take people's word for it but in the last year they want photographic proof.

I remember SS sending me a replacement print for the SS Adamn Hughes Emma Comiquette years ago because it was folded in the box. They asked me to destroy it after I get the replacement. But I already sent them a photo of the folded print so they probably trusted me anyway. Not like a folded print would be worth much anyway.

I guess F4F decided to copy them. I'll need to think about it. But like NEO said, maybe I can just destroy the replacement part if it's inferior in some way. Since I can get a replacement, I'll try taping the damaged part up and see if I can salvage it too.

factorybelt

Neo Member

Sideshow has been asking for pictures for years, probably has more to do with the rep they were dealing with.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Diggeh pls. Y u do dis?

Freezy pleezy I order the things and they don't exist anymore

To be honest, the Horsemen didn't really give this the premium treatment Mythic Legions gets. There was a lot of confusion about them being 4" scale when most of the figures were actually pretty huge and more 5.5"-6" (the smaller ones being 4") along with a general lack of actual promotion. All those cool figures are now lost to time.

RIP

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Got my massive September Ami in! What an awesome month.

Also MPM-4 Optimus is freaking awesome! Mine doesn't seem to have any of the QC issues that hit other people, plus the Takara version's coloring is way better.

help

Top Bottom