• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

NEO0MJ

I hope SHF can do Tekken. Storm's are just too beefcake looking for me, and their final paint job leaves much to be desired.

Even if it were Figma wouldn't they still have to follow the same bulky designs from 7? Unless they do like what they did with Virtua Fighter and use the low poly designs from Tekken 1-3.

Even if it were Figma wouldn't they still have to follow the same bulky designs from 7? Unless they do like what they did with Virtua Fighter and use the low poly designs from Tekken 1-3.

The SF figures so far aren't beefcake, thankfully. They could use help on some face sculpts, though (open mouth and female faces). The Heihachi by Storm looks good in the photos, but so did Ryu at first, and then the final one was underwhelming, in my opinion. And even when posed they don't look very dynamic or cool, which SHF and Figma excel at.

But I'd be interested in low-poly, too.

Luden Figma is exclusive. Check Nippon Yasan for orders. Couldn't buy it without knowing what the game (or company) even churns out. Too soon.

Messi

Probably gonna give up on Hot Toys. Releases are coming out quicker and quicker and I'm starting to feel the oversaturation. I don't have room for them anymore and I need to downsize my collection as well. Was noticing how many I still have in brown shipping boxes and were never opened. Don't even feel like displaying them anymore. Maybe it's time to purge.

Don't be a Haloid.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
H O T
T O Y S
P O R G S

Haloid is giving his to me for free because he thinks Porgs are "trash" what a nice guy

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
H O T
T O Y S
P O R G S

Haloid is giving his to me for free because he thinks Porgs are "trash" what a nice guy

Why does Star Wars have to be everywhere? I don't want to look at those things.

KingV

The SF figures so far aren't beefcake, thankfully. They could use help on some face sculpts, though (open mouth and female faces). The Heihachi by Storm looks good in the photos, but so did Ryu at first, and then the final one was underwhelming, in my opinion. And even when posed they don't look very dynamic or cool, which SHF and Figma excel at.

But I'd be interested in low-poly, too.

Luden Figma is exclusive. Check Nippon Yasan for orders. Couldn't buy it without knowing what the game (or company) even churns out. Too soon.

I post a lot on The Fwoosh too and it’s crazy how the opinions here and there are polar opposites.

They are largely in love with everything storm and everything Mezco One:12.

I like the storm stuff too. I can’t compare to street fighter Figuarts because I don’t own them, but I really like the storm figures. They have a ton of detail and are very poseable with a ton of accessories. I even like their weird 1/11 scale.

The Figuarts ones look too anime to me. The girls especially.

Edit: bison is a stud. The crosses arms is a great addition.

Looks like Capcom has been sharing their design notes from Marvel Infinite with Revoltech

c5009648-3316-4d78-bdbf-ae10141c8eec.jpg

Can't break your neck if you don't have one.

Bii

I don't have the HT Rey Jakku outfit so I think I'll get that Jedi Training one. But man, I'm just trying to collect what I like and not be a completionist. Otherwise, all my money would go towards Star Wars Hot Toys.

Bonus, got the HT Daredevil in today. Posed him on my desk and snapped a quick pic. That may be his forever space since I like the backdrop that it comes with. It's not in the Detolf because those backdrops don't fit. :(

Bonus, got the HT Daredevil in today. Posed him on my desk and snapped a quick pic. That may be his forever space since I like the backdrop that it comes with. It's not in the Detolf because those backdrops don't fit. :(

That's a really nice-looking HT. Is Sideshow planning to do anything with the Netflix characters?

Bii

The only Netflix Marvel TV series they (Hot Toys) have the license for is Daredevil Season 2. So we have Daredevil now and Punisher coming out soon. Aside from that, nothing else has been announced. :(

Edit: Oh, Sideshow? Err, I don't think they're doing anything with Netflix characters.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Porg is love Porg is life

Looks like Capcom has been sharing their design notes from Marvel Infinite with Revoltech

c5009648-3316-4d78-bdbf-ae10141c8eec.jpg

Can't break your neck if you don't have one.

I think Cap looks neat except for that weird scrunchy face.

DFmOELh.png

What even is that supposed to be?

I'm supposed to take you seriously with that cartoon dog avatar?

MESSI PLS Y U DO DIS

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The Snoke figure is wearing a Shwartz ring. Spaceballs crossover confirmed?

This is what I was saying. I tried to help us become Harley GAF but it was rejected so now you have Porgs and Star Wars hot toys.

I'm ready to accept my Harley overlords.

WolfStark

As tachola from mfc puts it: "god is real and shes a gay 3 inch figure"

My Tracer Nendo arrived today screaming "Cheers, love! The cavalry's here!" after six weeks of travel around the globe and she is as adorable as she is in game.

tracernendo5tufa.jpg

Messi

As tachola from mfc puts it: "god is real and shes a gay 3 inch figure"

My Tracer Nendo arrived today screaming "Cheers, love! The cavalry's here!" after six weeks of travel around the globe and she is as adorable as she is in game.

tracernendo5tufa.jpg

I got mine a few days ago too. She's cute.

WolfStark

Ha ha. Do you think they would go through that much trouble? They will swap the color palette and call it a day. Posh Tracer incoming.

I actually hope they would go a bit further (I mean they do that with ship girls). Wouldn't buy another Tracer but definitly another Pharah if they do the Anubis skin.

TAJ

I got this guy today and after seeing him at 1/12 scale, I think I’m gonna have to get the Hot Toy version. Just love the design and I hope we get to see them in action rather than just standing around.

You might want the rest later. :/
You can get all five of them, plus one each of every other type of guard in 1/12 for $155 more than you've spent already.

TAJ

I got a 6" Death Squad Commander on eBay for $20 shipped. Just arrived. Yiss.
I thought I was going to get taken to Scalper Town on that one.

WolfStark

Ship girls are big money, though. This is only Overwatch.

Oh yeah, people seem to be really in these ship girls. I don't have one yet but I am incredibly tempted. The moment they release a German ship as Nendo - I won't resist anymore. But still, Overwatch is a huge brand (at least at the moment, not sure how it will be in five years), 30 million people bought this game and it's part of Blizzard. So I would assume this is going to sell - a lot. Enough to justify re-releases that are more than just color changes.

WolfStark

It is kind of surprising that neither Prinz Eugen or Bismarck have gotten Nendos yet. But the scales are really nice.

I am a bit disappointed that they released and announced SO many ship girls (and some really boring too) and neither of them was part of it but maybe it's like with these monthly collections like Star Trek Starships, where the original Enterprise was the 50th ship to be released. So they simply hold back some ships they know lots of people are going to run for, simply to hold up the interest. I would also love to see the Graf Zeppelin, whose coat is really cute, simply a very unique design. The scales are definitly really well made but also kinda pricey and I really like the posability with the Nendos :D

Cheers but why dos it seem like there's at least one other veration of the same figure ?

just looking at screen shots on other sites

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009Z4Z28M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

or is that just a Lighting angle ?
I'm not super familiar with this figure, but based on my googling, it seems to be the same figure. The photos in that Amazon link are official photos, and we all know that official photos provided by toy companies don't always tell the full story. Professional lighting and different angles and poses can make a big difference.

Top Bottom