• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Messi

New Statue! Jae Lee Harley

$

NEO0MJ

Ex Gokin Raideen is up for pre-order at your favorite store. Price is around $400.

FIGURE-033884_16.jpg

Between this, SOC Gypsy Danger, and MB Mazinger February is going to kill my wallet 😣

NEO0MJ

Does anyone here want my Riobot Mazinkaiser pre-order on BBTS? It's $340. Was about to cancel it but I thought someone might be interested.

NEO0MJ

Anime Export have Raideen for the lowest price but they also require that I pay for it right away...

Do HLJ get mad at you for cancelling too many orders >.>

So have left over money from the insurance claim so I splurged impulsively on this today and I must say I’m really impressed. I know it’s relegated to smaller type vehicles, but I would like a bunch more like these on my shelf’s.

l6yzlPA.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
There aren't many more vehicles they could do faithfully. Snowspeeder, A-Wing, T-16, the Jedi starfighters from RotS, those stupid new snowspeeders from The Last Jedi, that car from the chase in AotC. Even the AT-ST would be a little over two feet tall.
The TIE Fighter they did didn't sell.

There aren't many more vehicles they could do faithfully. Snowspeeder, A-Wing, T-16, the Jedi starfighters from RotS, those stupid new snowspeeders from The Last Jedi, that car from the chase in AotC. Even the AT-ST would be a little over two feet tall.
The TIE Fighter they did didn't sell.

Yeah, the Tie is huge. Wish I didn’t miss MSRP on the speeder bike. Considering getting Luke’s Speeder and the Tauntaun.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yeah, the Tie is huge. Wish I didn’t miss MSRP on the speeder bike. Considering getting Luke’s Speeder and the Tauntaun.

Regular price on the speeder bike set was $40. You can still find it for that.
It got down to <$20 at one point. Definitely can't find it for that now.
The Figuarts one never really went up in price much, but it started high.

SHF Shenron is soon! Had extra shipping charge increase from CDJapan, which is sad, since now I'm guaranteed customs. My time with CDJ is slowly going to come to end, I feel... I love 'em. But I can't stand being stung by customs so often through them lately.

SHF Shenron is soon! Had extra shipping charge increase from CDJapan, which is sad, since now I'm guaranteed customs. My time with CDJ is slowly going to come to end, I feel... I love 'em. But I can't stand being stung by customs so often through them lately.

I envy you for getting that one, any places to pre-order Goku Black still or did a miss that train?

I envy you for getting that one, any places to pre-order Goku Black still or did a miss that train?

Keep an eye every day as it's out next week, and some places relist from cancelled orders. I also think it should get a re-issue down the road - don't think it was a limited edition, though I could be wrong.

As for Goku Black, you just missed pre-orders on CDJ, but BigBadToyStore have it.

KingV

Regular price on the speeder bike set was $40. You can still find it for that.
It got down to <$20 at one point. Definitely can't find it for that now.
The Figuarts one never really went up in price much, but it started high.

I have both, IMO the black series one compares well to the Figuarts.

Figuarts one is obviously higher quality, but not 4* better. And it is a lot more delicate.

Messi

You could have just said "no."

;)

Did you see this?

Unfortunately it's only one of Diamond's $40 PVC statues and not part of their $150 line, but it still looks decent.

I ain't about that diamond line. Looks good but I can't collect PVC statues. Plus space is becoming an issue.

LiK

did you smash the piece?

Ok, so I guess I misread their email. They replied they want me to destroy the piece first before they send me a replacement. What a shitty policy since their replacement could be damaged during shipping.

Now I’m gonna try to tape mine up this weekend and see if I can fix it myself.

Ok, so I guess I misread their email. They replied they want me to destroy the piece first before they send me a replacement. What a shitty policy since their replacement could be damaged during shipping.

Now I'm gonna try to tape mine up this weekend and see if I can fix it myself.
wait you're going to glue it and try to fix it? why not get the new one and if it's damaged in shipping it's on them.

LiK

wait you're going to glue it and try to fix it? why not get the new one and if it's damaged in shipping it's on them.

They mentioned they take no responsibility for any damage during shipping. Mine is only cracked where it connects to the statue which is why it stopped supporting the weight so I'll try taping it back up. It'll be worse if the actual replacement part that's visible is broken during shipping and nothing I can do. Seems this is a one time "goodwill" gesture from them.

They mentioned they take no responsibility for any damage during shipping. Mine is only cracked where it connects to the statue which is why it stopped supporting the weight so I'll try taping it back up. It'll be worse if the actual replacement part that's visible is broken during shipping and nothing I can do. Seems this is a one time "goodwill" gesture from them.
i'd write to them your concerns and see what they say about covering damaged items in shipping sent from them just in case. bc that's a stupid policy if they ship a damaged item after asking to destroy yours first and won't cover it.

LiK

i'd write to them your concerns and see what they say about covering damaged items in shipping sent from them just in case. bc that's a stupid policy if they ship a damaged item after asking to destroy yours first and won't cover it.

Exactly. Why should I destroy a perfectly good part before I even got the replacement? Why do they even care if I sell the part? The statue is OOP and they no longer even sell it. Really dumb. If I manage to fix it myself, I'll tell them I don't like their policy and voice my concerns.

Exactly. Why should I destroy a perfectly good part before I even got the replacement? Why do they even care if I sell the part? The statue is OOP and they no longer even sell it. Really dumb. If I manage to fix it myself, I'll tell them I don't like their policy and voice my concerns.

they probably threw that in as a blanket statement to protect being defrauded in claims yet at the same time protect themselves from liability. policy sounds not very well thought out...
i definitely write them and see if they're helpful.

LiK

they probably threw that in as a blanket statement to protect being defrauded in claims yet at the same time protect themselves from liability. policy sounds not very well thought out...
i definitely write them and see if they're helpful.

Yea, it's a pretty dumb policy. It's not actually written on their site, iirc. They mentioned it in their reply to me. I guess they can get away with it by saying this is a one time thing.

Top Bottom